+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Some people are just Idiots.. He is one of those people.

I have dealt with the other Newtons a bit .. They are really nice people .. I feel for them ...
    Last edited by Maybelline; 18-02-2013 at 11:13.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Maybelline For This Useful Post:

onionskin  (18-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mental illness comes in many different forms. You don't know what's going on in his head reguardless of drug abuse..he needs help and that is the bottom line. If he had of been a women, I'm sure the tables wouldn't turn the same way. Men suffer mental illness just as much as women, they just suffer differently.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I didn't see the interview but have seen the news about the past 12 months with all his escapades

I think he's a drug addict and his issues stem from that. the high risk behaviour, outbursts. I'll be very clear I'm in no way condoning his actions, especially the fact he's a DV abuser, which makes my skin crawl. But sometimes drug abusers refuse to own their actions and deny there is a problem.

having said that, I think he's a jerky man child.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Jakois  (18-02-2013),Stiflers Mom  (18-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Mathew Newton - Bully or Mental illness sufferer?

Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    I didn't see the interview but have seen the news about the past 12 months with all his escapades

I think he's a drug addict and his issues stem from that. the high risk behaviour, outbursts. I'll be very clear I'm in no way condoning his actions, especially the fact he's a DV abuser, which makes my skin crawl. But sometimes drug abusers refuse to own their actions and deny there is a problem.

having said that, I think he's a jerky man child.
    I agree, especially with the jerky man child part.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I think he is a drug abuser and also likely has a personality disorder such as narcissistic PD. neither of which are diagnosable mental health disorders.

If he actually had a disorder he would be diagnosed and be on meds for it. Even if he had no insight and was in denial. That's what treatment orders are for. To force people with mental disorders to take medication if they are at risk to themselves or others. He's obviously at risk to others so if he was actually sick rather than just an ******** he would have been hospitalized and detained in the past.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    The part that got me was when he suggested there were "extenuating circumstances" in relation to some of the assaults, then when questioned if he meant that it was okay to hit people in some situations he quickly back tracked.

I think in his mind he has justified some of his outbursts. Classic victim blaming.

I can't say whether he has a mental illness. I'm not qualified to make that assessment, though it is clear he has a lot of trouble controlling his anger. A volatile and unpredictable human being.

I also find it hard to believe that he has never abused "illegal drugs".

Thanks
    Reviews
    My brother has worked with him on a few shows, and he previously dated one of my brother's friends.
    He is a bully. He is rude. He is up himself. He treats people like sh!t. He is a poor little rich boy who until now has gotten away with everything.
    As for mental illness, I think he probably does have a mental illness. But that does not make him a nice person. I think he is hiding behind the "mentally ill" tag tbh.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by mrsharvey View Post
    I think he undermines people who struggle daily with mental illness that try their utmost to function, to be the best person that they can be, and to remain accountable for their behaviour.
    This exactly, well said.

I find it hard to believe he truly has a mental illness if he hasn't been diagnosed and is unmedicated. With all of his court cases, surely he would have been forced to seek an assessment at least. He's definitely a narcissist though.

Thanks
    Reviews

Having a personality disorder means he has a mental illness. He has a mental illness. He's anti-social and a narcissist. He also has a drug and alcohol problem. Agreed he makes it hard for those who struggle with the stigma of mental illness, I just hope people can see he's an exception not the rule.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just don't know, to be honest.

A mental illness is obviously a distinct possibility. But I've always wondered if the real deal is that the mental illness story is just a PR spin put on things to excuse him being a drug addict and abusive to women, so that his career may be salvaged.

Either way, it's such a waste. I really think the guy has talent.