+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I thought this might help with the af thing
    HTML Code:
    No one can say exactly when you'll get your first menstrual period, but you will get it sometime during puberty. Puberty is the time in your life when you begin to become an adult. This means a lot of growing and changing — both inside and out.
    Some girls start puberty at age 8, and others may start as late as 13 or 14. Each girl goes at her own pace. So don't think you're weird if you start puberty a little earlier or a little later than your friends.
    At the beginning of puberty, you'll notice that your breasts are developing and hair will start to grow on your genitals (pubic hair). A little later, hair also will grow under your arms.
    For most girls, their first menstrual period, or menarche (say: meh-nar-kee), begins about 2 to 2½ years after breast development starts. Some girls may get their period in less than 2 years. For other girls, it may take longer. Every girl is different, and there is a wide range of normal development during puberty.
    A good sign you're getting close to the time when your first period will arrive is if you notice a thick, white mucous discharge coming from your vagina. Usually, this happens about 6 months before you get your first period.
    from here http://kidshealth.org/kid/talk/qa/when_period.html

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Need advice re 10 yr old girl sleep/behaviour etc PLEASE!!!

Could u try and compromise on the bra thing vs an earlier bedtime?

Eg u can have a training bra if you go to bed at 8.

I had a bra at 11, I stuffed it with tissues but I still looked as flat as a pancake. But I was so happy about it.

I Understand why you don't want to 'give in' but maybe this one could work.

Ps stick to your guns otherwise. My parents were strict on me and although I hAted it at the time I thank them for it now. Good luck

Default Need advice re 10 yr old girl sleep/behaviour etc PLEASE!!!

Why would they be able to stay up later at night, the earlier they woke up??? That means they get less sleep ...