+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 26/6/14

Default Re: How did you come up with your forum name?

Mine is the nickname DP has called me since we met and the year i was born. I am always terrible at thinking of usernames!

Sent from my GT-P3110 using BubHub

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Me&Smooches For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (18-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Mine is a nickname only DH calls me & nobody else knows about.

I think it started by accident (i.e. he had a brain freeze mid-word)... I've been using it for online stuff ever since.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Funchu For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (18-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014

Mine is my 2 boys nicknames put together

Sent from my GT-I9305T using BubHub

6. The Following User Says Thank You to peanutmonkey For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (18-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default How did you come up with your forum name?

Well.....lol.....dd1 who was 2 at the time, we have a nintendo wii and have the dance with the smurfs game. Anyhow, there is a song on there called smurfberrylicious. DH comes home one day while she was playing it, DD says: "daddy! Dance like a lizard daddy!!"
    Took us a bit to figure out what she was going on about. Lol.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Smurfberrylizard For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (18-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

I love the Big Bang Theory :-)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to KnockKnockPenny For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (18-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

I chose mine because I am a nut for Degrassi (the 80's Degrassi, not the current remake).

My previous username is a nickname DH calls me sometimes. I changed my old username as it was almost the same as a couple of other members.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (18-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Im a total LOTR nerd.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nazgul For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (18-02-2013),Funchu  (19-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

I can't really explain why I chose mine! It's kinda morbid, really, and I'm not a particularly morbid person. I'd been rereading a book by Stephen King called Insomnia, and Atropos was a character in that (quite a nasty character actually) and was described as an "agent of the random" which I kind of liked. I then when on to read about the three fates (Clotho and Lachesis were also characters in the book) and for whatever reason soon after, I signed up to the hub and that was the first name that sprung to mind, more with "agent of the random" in mind that "mechanism of death" iykwim!
    From wiki-
    Atropos or Aisa was the oldest of the Three Fates, and was known as the "inflexible" or "inevitable." It was Atropos who chose the mechanism of death and ended the life of each mortal by cutting their thread with her "abhorred shears." She worked along with her two sisters, Clotho, who spun the thread, and Lachesis, who measured the length. Atropos has been featured in several stories such as Atalanta and Achilles.
    [edit]Origin

Her origin, along with the other two fates, is uncertain, although some called them the daughters of the night. It is clear, however, that at a certain period they ceased to be only concerned with death and also became those powers who decided what may happen to individuals. Although Zeus was the chief Greek god and their father, he was still subject to the decisions of the Fates, and thus the executor of destiny, rather than its source. According to Hesiod's Theogony, Atropos and her sisters (Clotho and Lachesis) were the daughters of Nyx (Night), though later in the same work (ll. 901-906) they are said to have been born of Zeus and Themis.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (18-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    I can't really explain why I chose mine! It's kinda morbid, really, and I'm not a particularly morbid person. I'd been rereading a book by Stephen King called Insomnia, and Atropos was a character in that (quite a nasty character actually) and was described as an "agent of the random" which I kind of liked. I then when on to read about the three fates (Clotho and Lachesis were also characters in the book) and for whatever reason soon after, I signed up to the hub and that was the first name that sprung to mind, more with "agent of the random" in mind that "mechanism of death" iykwim!
    From wiki-
    Atropos or Aisa was the oldest of the Three Fates, and was known as the "inflexible" or "inevitable." It was Atropos who chose the mechanism of death and ended the life of each mortal by cutting their thread with her "abhorred shears." She worked along with her two sisters, Clotho, who spun the thread, and Lachesis, who measured the length. Atropos has been featured in several stories such as Atalanta and Achilles.
    [edit]Origin

Her origin, along with the other two fates, is uncertain, although some called them the daughters of the night. It is clear, however, that at a certain period they ceased to be only concerned with death and also became those powers who decided what may happen to individuals. Although Zeus was the chief Greek god and their father, he was still subject to the decisions of the Fates, and thus the executor of destiny, rather than its source. According to Hesiod's Theogony, Atropos and her sisters (Clotho and Lachesis) were the daughters of Nyx (Night), though later in the same work (ll. 901-906) they are said to have been born of Zeus and Themis.
    That was intense reading that LOL!!

I love the reasons givin so far, really interesting. Hope to hear more

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Last edited by 3cats1pug; 19-02-2013 at 22:02.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to 3cats1pug For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (18-02-2013)