+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Taking a baby to Japan ? Experiences ?

Hi girls

DH and I are having our first baby, a little girl, in early May this year. We have always wanted to go to Japan so we've decided that that will be our first family holiday.

The time we are looking at going is anytime between December 2013-April 2014.

What age did you find easiest traveling with a baby between 6 months and 12 months?

And has anyone been to Japan with a young baby ? Any tips ?

I'm planning on breastfeeding and we have an Ergo baby carrier.

TIA

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have been told before 6 months is the best time to travel with a bub, BUT if you go in April you may see the cherry blossoms and that would tip the scales for me. Either way, have an amazing time.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

BlueLips  (17-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

No tips about traveling with a small baby but just wanted to say you are going to LOVE Japan! It is an amazing country.

And they love babies there!

Thanks
    Reviews
    awesome thanks duck duck goose.

SpecialPatrol- i think i'd be too nervous to go under 6 months but yes could wait to the 1 year mark and see the Cherry blossoms. DH wants to go in winter though. I'm pretty easy just excited !!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

We have travelled a bit with DS. I think 7 months was the easiest because he wasn't mobile yet so it was easy to contain him on a long flight.

We have been to Japan but before we had DS. It is fantastic, we loved it! The Ergo will come in handy for you I think as trains etc can get very crowded so not much room for prams and whatnot. Enjoy!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Electric Boogaloo For This Useful Post:

BlueLips  (17-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I'd take the baby as early as possible. Is go earlier than 6 months but as you don't want to do that I'd go at 7 or 8 months.
    We've done lots of traveling with young kids and the very worst time to go on a long flight is from 10-20 months or so. It's just horrendous lol!

If you want to take the baby when older, id recommend buying them a seat as they probably won't fit in the bassinet and holding a wriggling crawler on your lap is hell.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to 4underfour For This Useful Post:

BlueLips  (17-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Taking a baby to Japan ? Experiences ?

I took DD to Japan when she was 7 months. I think the younger for travelling the easier - in some ways! We went in Feb and it was freezing! We've been before in March/ April, which is much nicer climate wise - and the cherry blossoms are beautiful.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks guys very helpful tips.

Thinking 7months try keep it as early as possible and balance what I'm comfortable with.

Thanks
    Reviews

I don't know about the best time to travel to Japan, however i would travel as early as possible. That way u don't need baby foods or sterile feeding products. Baby will be happy being in a sling/pram/cuddled and not wanting to crawl on floor etc.

Thanks
    Reviews

If u can't go before 6 months then I'd wait til about 14 months when baby can walk and eat more of a variety of foods