Closed Thread
Page 95 of 141 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We had the same problem around the 3 week mark Nic and it was just a matter of hanging in there. It only lasted 3 days though so I'm sure it's worse for you after everything else. I totally sumpathise with you, I feel like a failure when I can't work out what the crying is for, it's definately not an easy road for any of us so far.

Can I ask what nappies everyone has been using and their thoughts?

Are you breast feeding Nic ( sorry I can't remember!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicsta83 View Post
    SL I'm sure that will make him more settled!! What are his symptoms? Does he throw up a lot?

Ivy has been awake since 1130.... Can't settle her, tried cuddling, rocking, feeding, walking in pram, drive in car...

What do you do with over tired baby? And I feel like such a failure when I can't settle her and I know she is tired
    Just really unsettled seems like he's in pain a lot and screams at time is hungry but keeps coming off the boob along with the occasional vomiting yes!

You're not a failure! Unfortunately babies can be unsettled and overtired at times. I just wait it out with Orlando and just keep putting him back on the boob until he's pretty much passed out then let him sleep on me for at least 5-10 minutes and then put him down. Even if he doesn't burp and wakes up uncomfortable after an hour then at least he's slept a bit so will be able to settle better next time

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Crafty45 View Post
    We had the same problem around the 3 week mark Nic and it was just a matter of hanging in there. It only lasted 3 days though so I'm sure it's worse for you after everything else. I totally sumpathise with you, I feel like a failure when I can't work out what the crying is for, it's definately not an easy road for any of us so far.

Crafty we are using Huggies newborn nappies! Thank goodness I decided to not go with cloth nappies as he goes through SO many! We've had a few leaks of wee but I think that was down to either us not putting his willy down or not doing nappy tight or High enough. They seem to be doing the job and we're happy with them. They turn a different colour too when they're wet

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Crafty45 View Post

We are also using the Higgies new born how ever once we re out of wht we have we also have a box of 130 baby love new borns some one brought us to be honest we haven't brought any our selves all the ones we have are from the baby shower we had like 200 plus Huggies

Thanks
    Reviews

I've been using the buggies too and have just tried some of the aldi ones. I don't mind them, they are a good fit and slightly roomier than the huggies by don't have the pee line at the front and I feel I can smell her wee more in them so think I might stick with te huggies for now

Thanks
    Reviews
    Huggies, but plan on moving to cloth as soon as they fit her!!!!!!!
    We have our 8 week vaccinations tomorrow, so will also weigh her and see if she has hit 3kg's!!

I also am getting the Mirena put in tomorrow - anyone else even bothered with any birth control??
    I am only doing it cause I'm not allowed to ever get pregnant again (according to my OB) and its not as final as DH getting the snip just in case i ever change my mind and want another one (we will see.. i hate people telling me I can't do something!)

I haven't got AF back yet, but it lasts 5 years and I hope will be ok for me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    A lot of people I know use the mamia brand which I think is the aldi one but I don't think we'll change for now.

Good luck adden hope you get to that 3kg mark!

Gave Orlando the Zantac earlier before the last feed at 7.30. He took it fine and then fed fine and slept for an hour. He's just started feeding again now. I really hope that this starts to work soon and make him more comfortable.

Having my hair done tomorrow morning will be the first time away from my boy for a few hours. I'm looking forward to getting a freshen up and reading a magazine cover to cover!

Hope you all have a restful night girls x

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think I have high lipase in my breast milk. Defrosted some frozen milk and it tasted off. Have been googling and have decided to call my LC tomorrow to find out more. Will let you know how I go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmm that's interesting didn't know breast milk could go off?

Although I must say my right breast leaks more than my left if he's gone a couple of hours between feeds and my breast smells like sour milk! Will ask the MCHN about it tomorrow too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by adden View Post
    I also am getting the Mirena put in tomorrow - anyone else even bothered with any birth control??
    I am only doing it cause I'm not allowed to ever get pregnant again (according to my OB) and its not as final as DH getting the snip just in case i ever change my mind and want another one (we will see.. i hate people telling me I can't do something!)

I haven't got AF back yet, but it lasts 5 years and I hope will be ok for me!
    Re: birth control I had a tubal ligation with my c section, but am certain I am done. Pregnancy doesn't agree with me.

I think I have AF now (nearly 9 weeks pp) but I am exclusively bf...? I didn't get AF with DD1 for 9 or 10 months - which is when I weaned... 😏