Closed Thread
Page 89 of 141 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199139 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beta View Post
    Have you tried rubbing some breast milk on the eye? Works a treat
    Yeah done that heaps along with cleaning with saline and massaging the centre of the eyes. Guess some are just more prone to it than others . Not real attractive though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dragon Ella has it as well, her blocked tear duct became infected when she was a week old. She had antibiotics and the Peds said that the majority of blocked ducts will repair themselves over time. She still has it, I'm not surprised both my husband and I had ours unblocked surgically when we were babies.

The Peds recommended massage, saline and a cotton wool ball. Health Nurse recommended Breast Milk, it actually helps

3. The Following User Says Thank You to kmvw For This Useful Post:

DRAGONFLY17  (25-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We had to get ointment for ds1 which worked ( even the one application as he had a reaction to it). Have used drops this time that haven't worked so have a script for some ointment which I will get tomorrow. Will let you know how it goes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Well we had a horrid sleepless night last night...he's slept more today which is great but unfortunately I have only had the chance to have one hour sleep all day! In bed now bubs has been asleep for about 20 mins so hoping to get at least an hour now.

Had his ultrasound today for his dilated kidney that was detected in pregnancy and its not good news! His right kidney renal pelvis is 3.2cms and his left 7mm - normal size at this stage supposed to be 1-2mm so the right side is HUGE! DH and I are obviously worried and looking forward to seeing paedatrician on Wednesday to discuss - praying my baby doesn't have to have an operation. Good news is though that he does plenty of wees so we know that the kidneys are functioning!

I have started expressing a little bit but Orlando feeds so often I find by the time I feed him, lactation consultant said to express an hour after a feed, then by the time I'm finished he wakes up or next feed so my nipples die!! I have almost one full feed in the fridge as I just have to express what I have left after a feed! Booked in for my hair to be done on Thursday which will take a few hours so want to make sure DH has two bottles at the ready!

Re baby acne poor Orlando has this and dry skin on his face it doesn't look the best but is normal from all the hormones of breastfeeding - apparently between his eyes and his nipples is where they appear and I noticed some more around his neck and chest - advice I've received is just wash with water every day and pat dry. We're also using Gaia skin soothing lotion on his face too

Well I'm off to get some rest fingers crossed for a peaceful night for myself and all of you

Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and my friend who is a photographer came over this morning and took some shots if our little man sleeping in his bassinette so will post when I get them back! We haven't had any professional ones of us with him which I wanted to do also so we'll see what happens

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sending lots of sleep dust to all those restless babes and hoping there amazing mummas get some well deserved rest xxoo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Someone was asking how much EBM babies should be getting, today i was told by a LC that at 4weeks and 3.5kgs Ella should be getting 750ml a day. So if she is feeding every 3 hrs, it's roughly 75-100mls. Apparently they stay on 750mls a day up until 6 months. So just divide the daily rate by how many feeds your baby has per day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    SL I dont know how you are functioning enough to write posts after an hours sleep! Hopefully it's a better night for you tonight.

Sorry to hear about Orlando's kidney, that's not good news. I hope there is something they can do to avoid an operation for all your sakes.

When does everyone give their bubs s bath? I can't quite get the hang of if it's best to do it before feeding which might mean waking or after?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Crafty45 View Post
    SL I dont know how you are functioning enough to write posts after an hours sleep! Hopefully it's a better night for you tonight.

Sorry to hear about Orlando's kidney, that's not good news. I hope there is something they can do to avoid an operation for all your sakes.

When does everyone give their bubs s bath? I can't quite get the hang of if it's best to do it before feeding which might mean waking or after?
    We do bath half way through a feed in the evening... We give Myles enough to calm him after he wakes, then bath him, dress him & give him a top up before bed.

SL I hope you get good news on Wednesday.

Hope everyone's bubs sleep well tonight XX

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Crafty45 View Post

Writing posts is keeping me sane!! I managed to sleep for just over an hour just then which is good. Bubs feeding again now!

We've been giving Orlando a bath every other day... At anytime between 6 and 9 ish depending on when he wakes up. We bathe him as soon as he wakes before feeding even if he's screaming! Apparently no good to bathe after a feed as the warmth relaxes the tummy and they may throw it all up!!