Closed Thread
Page 88 of 141 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098138 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I also have a freezer FULL of milk from our hospital stay, but she won't take a bottle

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hay ladies
    This silent reflux thing how do you know if bubba has it - maddison has hick ups all the time how ever I was told it can be due to her being full she does grunt in her sleep but find some times it's due to her trying to do a poo she also has had a few spews after feeds only 3 big up chucks and the midwives have sai it's possibly due to her having to much milk
    She does gulp her feeds at the start tho
    She isn't a screamer at all only when Hungary and sleeps for 4 hr blocks pls dnt let her have this oh she sounds a little congested in the nose and tends to sneeze a bit too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mrs S if she is pretty happy and sleeping/settling well then I wouldn't worry. It's just Ivy wasn't settling at all and was very upset that's why I started looking for reasons.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicsta83 View Post
    Mrs S if she is pretty happy and sleeping/settling well then I wouldn't worry. It's just Ivy wasn't settling at all and was very upset that's why I started looking for reasons.
    God I hope so it just got me thinking and reading into things
    My midwife told me to stop reading books as it makes thing worse think she is right
    Hope ivy gets better xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Eliana screamed for the first 6 weeks Mrs s, that was the biggest clue. If she's not unsettled then it should be fine.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Grebbeci For This Useful Post:

mrs simmo  (25-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ds would scream during feeds! It was so obvious something was wrong (especially now that I have a baby who is happy when she feeds)
    He got hiccups and wanted food all the time, but would never eat properly cause it burned him.
    Poor love!
    It settled when we put him on solids.
    Silent reflux also generally means no throwing up.. So I have been told. Don't quote me on that.
    He never threw up, Ella does quite a bit, but I have a lot of milk with a fast let down.
    I agree with stopping reading. I haven't picked up a book this whole time and it makes me feel better (google is my problem!!!!!!!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Google has always been my problem. I don't think Ivy's reflux is severe, but I still want to take her to doc...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nappy rash cream, I found the best stuff! It's called Desitin. It is mainly zinc based, Desitin is very thick and stays on. I was told if the nappy rash has spots it could be a fungal infection as well, you then use canesten cream and then apply the Desitin over the top.

I feel for you girls with the lack of sleep and unsettled babies. I hope things improve quickly for you. If your not coping please try to express a bottle and get your partner to let you have a break during the night. It's amazing how much better you feel mentally with a little amount of sleep. A lack of sleep just compounds everything and the babies also sense this I think.

I had my fourth LC today, she was by far the best I have had. I was shown just a few little things which has improved my bf greatly. Mainly how to hold my breast so she can latch correctly. I was very ready to throw it in last week. Now I feel a little more confident. I have a good supply but a very fast flow, which was causing Ella to slip off because she didn't want to choke. Poor little poppet

Poor little poppet has broken out in baby acne and cradle cap, it looks terrible. Any advice ladies on how to treat these?
    Last edited by kmvw; 25-03-2013 at 14:22.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great news km all it takes is one thing sometimes for things to fall into place.

Ds1 had really bad milk pimples around the 1 month mark. Will has some but nowhere near as bad. They just clear up by themselves and whatever you do don't squeeze them ( I got in trouble from our paediatrician for doing this , hated seeing the whiteheads) but since babies don't really have an immune system yet, if any of the bacteria or germs get in it can make them really sick.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DRAGONFLY17 View Post
    I feel for you girls who are not getting any sleep. If it gets to bad can you express and get someone else to do a few feeds do you can get some sleep. I think you are all down south or in WA or I would love to help you. We had our second night with a 6 hour stint 7-1am so hoping this is a regular thing especially with dh away.

Taking Will back to the doctors today to get something else for his sticky eye ( just wont go away, even after a whole bottle of eye drops).

He has also taken a dummy which is great, ds1 had on too from 1mth till 7mth it's a great quick fix just to tied them over I think.
    Have you tried rubbing some breast milk on the eye? Works a treat