Closed Thread
Page 84 of 141 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Crafty45 View Post
    Hang in there Nic, I agree with Amy, leave her until she wakes herself fully. We do and I've noticed I can hear her start to wake and cry a bit and where I'd usually jump to her, I haven't been and she will usually settle back for an hour or so bthey will let you know when they are hungry, there is no doubt about that!

SL - if it helps, I've been using EBM exclusively for a week or do and we are around 100 -120 ml a bottle per feed.
    Thanks crafty that does help - how old is your little one now? Are you going to continue feeding ebm exclusively now or still going between the both?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    5 weeks in Tuesday SL so not at ahead of Orlando I don't think?

She is flat out refusing to take from the breast at the moment, I've tried her before a bottle, after but notin is working so will infinite with the expressing for as long as my sanity holds up! The smell of formula makes me gag lol

Although we has been giving her a bottle of formula at her 10.30pm feed of a night after a few people suggested it and it seems to har made her sleep for up to 5 hours the last few nights. Maybe that might help girls?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyEL View Post
    Myles has been in a sleeping bag since 2 weeks... He is a Houdini so had to do it, it's been great, we are getting good at getting him down half asleep then he settles & resettles himself through the sleep, we have a monitor with video on it so can see if he is just stirring or waking so don't interrupt his sleep unnecessarily, he sleeps in our room at night & we wheel the bassinet into his room during the day to get him used to it... It's working so far!

So I've made a decision RE: BFing... I'm giving it in, It's just not working for Myles & I, I feel like I'm spending too much time in the 'expressing' chair & not enough time enjoying my boy, its just not worth it... Now to get my supply to drop off...
    I have had maddison on formula from birth as BF didnt work for me or her and to dry up my milk I used ice packs and cold showers to not stimulate the boob and also cabbage leaves it dried with in two days
    Don't feel bad about formula you tried to bf and its all about mental health too so don't feel bad I have had people saying oh you should bf well when you can't you can't and its your baby x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maddison has been going 4hrs at a time how ever we have found at her 3am feed she is restless till about 4.30 am some times 5am but then will sleep up to 5 hrs if only we could get her back to sleep quicker
    Any ideas ??

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been told to count the feeds from the time they start so if you do one at 7 then a three hour feed would be due at 10, makes no sense to me as I think it would make more sense to go from the end time!

Silly question but how do the sleeping bags work? There seems to be a lot of room at the end of them so how to you place bubs at the end of the bed with all the extra material?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sl: fairly normal to only sleep that much at 3 weeks. They do have a growth spurt around the 3 week mark and will usually then space out a little more, then a big growth spurt at 6 weeks. Ellie fed every 2 hours for an hour at a time at around 6/7 weeks, night and day.

Crafty: I *think* you are meant to put them right down the end of the cot so that they can't wiggle down and end up with bedding over their face. The idea of the sleeping bag is that they can't slide down in it anyway so it can't go over their head, and it replaces loose bed sheets so it's not so much of a problem for them to be further away from the bottom of the cot.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Grebbeci For This Useful Post:

SL1009  (24-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1009 View Post
    Tried giving our little prince EBM in a bottle today and it worked!! He gulped it down! Makes me very happy as now I know that if I have to leave DH alone with him he definitely won't go hungry! Just got to work out how much to give him and we'll be sorted! I expressed some this morning which I put straight in the freezer and have no more left in the fridge so will try and express a couple of times a day from tomorrow to have a good storage supply
    Ella is 4 weeks old and 3.5kgs, I've been told she only needs between 60-80mls of EBM. I'm finding she wants between 80-100mls atm. Tonight she had 80mls and wanted more, so I gave her an extra 20-30mls and she was quite happy after.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to kmvw For This Useful Post:

SL1009  (24-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Grebbeci, that seems to make sense.

Ad thank you to KM for the suggestion on running fingers over their eyes, we seem to be on a winner so far which is 3 hours ahead of schedule for the night!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha Crafty I may of jinxed myself! It's not working for me tonight Actually thank my mum lol she used it on me 34 years ago!

Thanks
    Reviews
    All your advice is invaluable, I just hope I have enough patience to keep going...she still hasn't really slept for more than 30 mins at a time again. I need to keep my cool and believe you all when you say it will get easier, I find myself thinking I'm not a good mother or cut out for this, I have terrible patience.