Closed Thread
Page 83 of 141 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593133 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Eliana had been in her cot since she was 8 days old. We don't have her in a sleeping bag because she won't sleep unless she is swaddled and they have to have their arms out for a sleeping bag.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry you had a crap night Beta.

I had a fab night sorry, my DH took Ella to the lounge room and took care of her all night. I didn't know, he didn't wake me and I slept from 11.30 to 6.45 when my boobs woke me up!

I feel great, it's amazing how clear your head is when you have sleep. It's been awhile since I have had rem sleep, probably a few months now since I didn't sleep well in hospital.

In regards to settling I have worked out a cheeky way of making Ella sleep, I run two fingers down her forehead over her eyes. She gets tired of opening her eyelids because I'm stroking them and falls asleep. It seems to work!

I haven't used a grow bag as yet, Ella is too small and her arms keep her awake so we swaddle and she loves it.
    Last edited by kmvw; 23-03-2013 at 12:31.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Myles has been in a sleeping bag since 2 weeks... He is a Houdini so had to do it, it's been great, we are getting good at getting him down half asleep then he settles & resettles himself through the sleep, we have a monitor with video on it so can see if he is just stirring or waking so don't interrupt his sleep unnecessarily, he sleeps in our room at night & we wheel the bassinet into his room during the day to get him used to it... It's working so far!

So I've made a decision RE: BFing... I'm giving it in, It's just not working for Myles & I, I feel like I'm spending too much time in the 'expressing' chair & not enough time enjoying my boy, its just not worth it... Now to get my supply to drop off...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Beta - I hope you get sleep tonight..I'm sure bub will adjust to new environment soon.

Amy - good for you, you should be able to enjoy your little Myles

Mrs Simmo - when you get sleep u feel amazing! I had that earlier in the week and I was amazed at how good I felt!

I had a crap night and am having a crisp day too....

Ivy just would settle after her feed at 330, so at 530 DH got in the car and drive for an hour...she came back asleep and. stayed asleep in her capsule until 930....I know your not meant to keep them in there that long but I wasn't waking her...

Anyway since then it's been hard again, fed her at 12 and then I thought ill try the self settle in her bassinet, did not work....ended up letting her cry for 5 mins as I was do frustrated...anyway didn't get her to fall asleep until 3...and it's 330 and just heard her wake up by farting, she is now laying with her eyes open in the bassinet, but I'm not going to her until she cries. It sucks cause I know she is over tired and I feel like a failure not being able to get my baby to settle, she is fed, changed and content so why doesn't she sleep??

Anyway I'm all tense and I'm sure that doesn't help.

Sorry for the rant

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicsta83 View Post
    Beta - I hope you get sleep tonight..I'm sure bub will adjust to new environment soon.

Amy - good for you, you should be able to enjoy your little Myles

Mrs Simmo - when you get sleep u feel amazing! I had that earlier in the week and I was amazed at how good I felt!

I had a crap night and am having a crisp day too....

Ivy just would settle after her feed at 330, so at 530 DH got in the car and drive for an hour...she came back asleep and. stayed asleep in her capsule until 930....I know your not meant to keep them in there that long but I wasn't waking her...

Anyway since then it's been hard again, fed her at 12 and then I thought ill try the self settle in her bassinet, did not work....ended up letting her cry for 5 mins as I was do frustrated...anyway didn't get her to fall asleep until 3...and it's 330 and just heard her wake up by farting, she is now laying with her eyes open in the bassinet, but I'm not going to her until she cries. It sucks cause I know she is over tired and I feel like a failure not being able to get my baby to settle, she is fed, changed and content so why doesn't she sleep??

Anyway I'm all tense and I'm sure that doesn't help.

Sorry for the rant
    Don't worry it will get easier to settle her, as for letting her sleep in the capsule, we do it all the time if Myles is asleep when we get home... Remember the older they get the more alert they will be, Myles seems to spend more time awake these days... We just take turns at settling, if your too tense then she will feel it, put her in her cot, close the door & make yourself a cup of tea, crying wont hurt her, pick her up again when you've had a little break XXX

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Amy she settled herself back to sleep at 330 and is still asleep, now I wonder if I should wake her as its been 3.5 hours since feeding, or should I just keep letting her sleep??? I have been feeding every 3 hours in day but I just really don't feel like waking her right now....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicsta83 View Post
    Thanks Amy she settled herself back to sleep at 330 and is still asleep, now I wonder if I should wake her as its been 3.5 hours since feeding, or should I just keep letting her sleep??? I have been feeding every 3 hours in day but I just really don't feel like waking her right now....
    Then don't wake her, give yourself a break... She'll let you know when she is hungry... Remember to be kind to yourself XX

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tried giving our little prince EBM in a bottle today and it worked!! He gulped it down! Makes me very happy as now I know that if I have to leave DH alone with him he definitely won't go hungry! Just got to work out how much to give him and we'll be sorted! I expressed some this morning which I put straight in the freezer and have no more left in the fridge so will try and express a couple of times a day from tomorrow to have a good storage supply

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hang in there Nic, I agree with Amy, leave her until she wakes herself fully. We do and I've noticed I can hear her start to wake and cry a bit and where I'd usually jump to her, I haven't been and she will usually settle back for an hour or so bthey will let you know when they are hungry, there is no doubt about that!

SL - if it helps, I've been using EBM exclusively for a week or do and we are around 100 -120 ml a bottle per feed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So Orlando is just over 3 weeks old now. The longest he sleeps is around 2-2.5 hours but a lot of the time he wakes every hour and wants more food! I know my supply is good as he is putting on stacks of weight but it would be nice for him and for me if he could at least sleep 3 hours regularly! Also when do you time how long between feeds? If you started feeding at hypothetically at 5pm and finished feeding at 5.30pm and then he starts his next feed at 7pm would that be classed as 2 hours between feeds or an hour and a half?

MCHN is happy with him all round and as I said he is stacking on weight but I so worry he's not sleeping enough but I guess he's doing all the right things as are we so I shouldn't stress!!