Closed Thread
Page 82 of 141 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492132 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes at night I find it easier, I just feed, swaddle and pop her in bassinet, she is normally almost asleep or asleep from the feed and i keep it dark with no eye contact etc, I think tomorrow ill try and pop her in her bassinet awake after swaddling her and see if she self settles, might get my mum to help me, after me she said she taught the other 4 kids early on how to self settle....as I was such a pain!!

I suppose it's hard for me to imagine at the moment her falling asleep by herself but I'm sure she can...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Well I got half an hours sleep little hungry hippo up for feed already!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicsta83 View Post
    So how do all you ladies get bub to sleep...as in right now I'm feeding ivy...50% of the time she will fall asleep on boob... Other 50% I end up holding/ rocking her. She is almost 3 weeks old am I doing the right thing? I always swaddle her,..at night I try not to un swaddle when feeding.

Also how long does it take you all to feed? I'm average 30 mins, sometimes 15, sometimes 45 is that still normal for this age?
    Nicsta most of the time Orlando falls asleep on the boob but I still attempt to burp him after even if it doesn't work lol

You are doing the right thing if it feels right for you!

I can feed for anywhere between 10 mins to 30 minutes just on one side then I will burp and change before offering second side

Thanks
    Reviews
    Orlando won't self settle just yet...it's a goal we will work toward

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just don't want to create bad habits, I want to allow he to settle on her own, but we will see!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicsta83 View Post
    I just don't want to create bad habits, I want to allow he to settle on her own, but we will see!
    Apparently they are too young at this stage to pick up on routines and create or not create habits which is why I'm not too concerned just yet! In saying that though all babies are different and may be able to establish good habits from so early on

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls! I haven't been posting much, but I have been reading and keeping up to date with how everyone is going. I just wanted to let you all know it does get easier. Karishma is now 11 weeks (can't believe it) and she is now sleeping through the night. We generally put her down at 10.00 pm after her last feed and she normally wakes up between 6 and 7 am. She is completely formula fed, as breastfeeding did not work for us, which I am ok with. She now weighs 4.9 kgs, still little for her age but she is getting there and everyone is very happy with her progress. As for the rash, Sudocream is amazing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Crafty45 View Post
    Thanks KM, I'll give those a go. Thank goodness for all the samples in the bounty bags along the way !

I have seen them at the mercy a couple of times but found they were really keen to get me to stop using nipple shields which made it even harder as I have flat nipples. The MHN has given me details to one of the silk clinics in the area do will try that and see how I go. It's hard with so many different opinions from them all!

Are you feeling better overall now?

Mrs Simmo, I have a lOve to swaddle and a woombie but no luck with both. Zoe is determined to have her hands out at all costs so we have just wrapped which ends up in a bottom only wrap in 5 minutes!

Does anyone feel like they are happy with just the one child? I can genuinely say I think I am but feel so judged by people when I say that when they ask when we will try for a second.
    We are happy with the one due to the whole IVF and how lucky we were this time we may not be the second time around and I dnt want the heart ache I mean another thing if I have embryos frozen maybe we would go again but I wasn't that lucky,
    Some people have voiced there opinions and said its not fair but my thought to it is no one knows what we went through to have our daughter so it's our choice no one else's we may change our mind later down the track but for now one is enough

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mrs simmo View Post
    We had the health care check up today and they said Maddison is healthy and growing nicely.
    I asked about when I should put Maddy in the cot and was told any time has any one else swapped yet or have an idea also what's your thought on the sleeping bags for bub was told to get one ?
    Jaan has been in a gro bag since 2 weeks because we were useless at swaddling he just kept coming out and rolling on his side! Not great for the startle reflex tho

Thanks
    Reviews
    Never move house with a baby! Jaan just would NOT go to sleep last night in the new house. I hope he's sorted by tonight. My stress was obviously absorbed by him poor love.