Closed Thread
Page 80 of 141 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290130 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I just expressed and then Orlando woke up - he was only down for an hour! Bad timing my nipples need a couple of hours to rest!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We had the health care check up today and they said Maddison is healthy and growing nicely.
    I asked about when I should put Maddy in the cot and was told any time has any one else swapped yet or have an idea also what's your thought on the sleeping bags for bub was told to get one ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DRAGONFLY17 View Post
    Sl you poor thing. Omg worked out how to bf laying down awesome. I'm not going to do it much but it was good as he woke an hour before my arm so it was good for a bit more rest before having to get up. Will has been sleeping really well touch wood so hopefully we have reached that point where things start running more smoothly ( sleep, bf, wind pains etc).

Have a real tough day today. Have my cousins 2and half old daughters funeral oh and now are stuck in traffic. So hope we are not going to be late.
    Thinking of you today x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1009 View Post
    I just expressed and then Orlando woke up - he was only down for an hour! Bad timing my nipples need a couple of hours to rest!!
    Ouchie hope u get some time to rest

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a sleeping bag kinda thing, it's a love to swaddle, but she hasn't loved it, I just wrap her tight.

Ivy had fed every 2 hours since 530...slightly over it .

SL today ivy has only slept 1 hour at a time...hard work..hope u had enough food for the little dude.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies or should I say strangers as it has been so long since I've posted on here!!

I have been reading Along though and can totally sympathize and relate to everyone's sleep and breast feeding problems. I never knew breast feeding would be so hard and time consuming!! Zoe has just decided she no longer feels like drinking straight from the boob so I have been expressing rather than switching to formula just yet but that is so not convenient during the night!!

There really are so many things I have found that no one mentioned to me! The thing I have learnt though is to really just go with what works for you and bubs, happy mum, happy baby.

I have to say there have been times when I have felt so guilty when I've gotten frustrated about things as we tried fr so long to have this miracle so feel in a way im not entitled to complains bout thing but god some days are hard!!!

Im so glad we have each other to turn to as I think now the babies are here is when we have really needed the support and advice.

I must say too everyone has had such gorgeous little ones, we should all be proud!

Any tips ladies in nappy rash? I feel I've tried all te usual remedies but am just not getting anywhere??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrs simmo View Post
    We had the health care check up today and they said Maddison is healthy and growing nicely.
    I asked about when I should put Maddy in the cot and was told any time has any one else swapped yet or have an idea also what's your thought on the sleeping bags for bub was told to get one ?
    Hey mrs simmo at the rate Orlando is growing he will be out of his basinette (even though its a large size one) and into his cot in no time! I had wanted for him to be in basinette in our room until 6 months but I don't think he'll make it that long! We bought a 'love to swaddle me up' sleeping bag which is so ugly lol but let's them sleep with their hands up but not exposed! First time we put him in he slept for 3 and a half hours so not sure if it was fluke I'm still not completely sure on it as it looks very tight so I'll try another couple of times!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Crafty

Have you been to see the LC'S at The Mercy? I've been three times, they have been great but I'm still having problems bf.

For Nappy rash I've used Lucas' Paw Paw treatment for soothing the rash. I bought it from Target. I've also used Bepanthen and I've found it works well when applied thick.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Went to see the child health nurse yesterday, Ella is now 3.5kg's from 2.8kg's at 4 weeks. She is gaining 37gms a day. She is also 54cms now, and tomorrow i will pack away her 00000's as her feet and length do not fit anymore!

She also has flat head! So I need to stop her sleeping on her preferred side. I also need to get her hips checked as one was stiff.

I'm reluctantly thinking of moving Ella to the nursery, the noises that she can make are very loud and I find them distressing. She sounds like she has nightmares constantly and I cannot sleep. Not to mention the grunting and farting, how can a petite pretty little baby sound like such a man!

I'm not sure moving her is the answer as I will still hear her through the baby monitor unless I turn it off. I don't wont her to get to the crying stage before I hear her though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks KM, I'll give those a go. Thank goodness for all the samples in the bounty bags along the way !

I have seen them at the mercy a couple of times but found they were really keen to get me to stop using nipple shields which made it even harder as I have flat nipples. The MHN has given me details to one of the silk clinics in the area do will try that and see how I go. It's hard with so many different opinions from them all!

Are you feeling better overall now?

Mrs Simmo, I have a lOve to swaddle and a woombie but no luck with both. Zoe is determined to have her hands out at all costs so we have just wrapped which ends up in a bottom only wrap in 5 minutes!

Does anyone feel like they are happy with just the one child? I can genuinely say I think I am but feel so judged by people when I say that when they ask when we will try for a second.