Closed Thread
Page 77 of 141 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987127 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DRAGONFLY17 View Post
    I have tried keeping Will awake between 5-7pm but he just can't last. He is awake now and will last till about 5.30-6. Does anyone have any ideas how to extend their awake time while keeping then happy. And do you think it will make any difference with night sleep?
    hi
    sorry this is a bit late - my DD! is still a nightmare and im so busy disciplining her!

have you tried wrapping him semi tightly and placing him in the bouncer, then turning on ABC2 - "in the night garden" at 630pm - when they are tired it helps if their arms aren't flapping everywhere and sometimes they sit contently for a while. theres something mesmorising about in the night garden for little ones. alternatively baby einstein DVDs are good too....
    but in the end 5-630 is a good stretch for a little one too.

AFM: my little elizabeth sleep from a 8pm feed to 3 am - then awake again at 7 am.... shes done this for the last 3 ngihts so im hoping its a pattern but who knows - they change all the time!! however im not getting any sleep as my DD1 devil is up til 10pm screaming and causing mayhem - stomping feet, crying, broke her door the other night - she is way out of control and we are at a loss. weve tried everything, reward charts, the hard line, specail mummy time, walks, treats, but not yet resorted to spanking but ive contemplated it ti be honest.

for those of you struggling with feeding - elizabeth is 6 weeks now and ive just got the breast feeding to be painfree on the right and only slightly painful on the left. it is a hard struggle and i guess my only advise is set a time limit to how long you want to keep trying for, and if its still not working - say at 10 weeks, then consider giving it up....??/? My feeding experience with DD1 was horrific and i wish i handt perserved so long at it as it did tarnish my early memories of my baby.

have a good day girls - try to get some rest.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrs simmo View Post
    Thank you Aden yeah I had both my sister here for 10 days and then the in laws as soon as my sisters left oh well one more day as they leave tomorrow yay
    I still cry at the drop I the hat is that normal ??? Oh has you GD gone mine did as soon as maddison was born an her sugars were fine still have to have the 6 wk test tho so finger cross
    Yay for tomorrow!!!!

Gd went as soon as Ella was born!!! She is 7 weeks Friday, I'm having my gtt tomorrow (ds is in daycare.. Woo hoo!!)
    I'm scared, but my fastings have been 4.2 and I'm not watching my diet - sooo hard to when you have 2 kids!!!
    Ill let you know how I go!!!
    Scared cause 2nd pregnancy with gd.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just did levels an hour and a half after breakfast (and I'm still drinking coffee with milk) and I had 2 slices of thick raison toast
    it was 5.7!!!!
    very happy!
    My OB is worried as my GD was so bad that I have to go back to the Diabetes Dr to ask how to prevent Type 2 in the future. Does anyone else think that is excessive? I thought if I just eat well (we eat very well generally) and test every week (like I did with DS.. just choose one day a week and test??) that would be ok???
    I don't know, i think I'm ok but maybe I'm just being naive!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by adden View Post
    Just did levels an hour and a half after breakfast (and I'm still drinking coffee with milk) and I had 2 slices of thick raison toast
    it was 5.7!!!!
    very happy!
    My OB is worried as my GD was so bad that I have to go back to the Diabetes Dr to ask how to prevent Type 2 in the future. Does anyone else think that is excessive? I thought if I just eat well (we eat very well generally) and test every week (like I did with DS.. just choose one day a week and test??) that would be ok???
    I don't know, i think I'm ok but maybe I'm just being naive!!!
    OMG I haven't been checking my levels at all since maddy was born I wasn't told too do you link I should ?
    Maddy is 15 days old today geezz time flies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Up to you.. I was told not to worry till the gtt, but I'm curious!!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to adden For This Useful Post:

mrs simmo  (20-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My GDM hadn't gone after delivery, which was five day later. I was told I had to test for a week after I left hospital. Didn't happen, it is hard enough having a meal on time and then remembering to test. I'm just waiting for the gtt.

I've also been told I'm high risk for type 2 and need to be checked every few years, kind of strange I ended up with gdm. I'm 56kgs and hardly have a history of diabetes in my family.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Anyone else having really sharp pains in their sides / under bottom ribs / stomach pain especially when breastfeeding! Really hurt this morning and also tonight...ouchies!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Orlando was just sleeping on my shoulder before I put him down and I was looking at him and just felt so proud of DH and I that we made this beautiful little boy and so so happy and I just love him so much! Yes he is hard work and can be tough and frustrating and certainly emotional and stressful but God it's just worth it he's such a blessing!

Just thought I'd share my feelings with you all - I know how hard we have all had it to come this far and to be able to still be in the same company with all you girls and to now have our miracles really is amazing and proof that prayers do get answered

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes SL they are precious indeed. My mum slept over tonight to give me and DH a sleep which was so awesome, I expressed 1 bottle and I put Ivy in her room at 12 after her 11pm feed, anyway only just got Ivy back, so hot 6 hours sleep in a row, feel like a new person!

SL are the pains like contraction?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicsta83 View Post
    Yes SL they are precious indeed. My mum slept over tonight to give me and DH a sleep which was so awesome, I expressed 1 bottle and I put Ivy in her room at 12 after her 11pm feed, anyway only just got Ivy back, so hot 6 hours sleep in a row, feel like a new person!

SL are the pains like contraction?
    Wow you would feel like a new person after that!! I'm going to start expressing today again and try to keep one bottle in the fridge and a few in the freezer.

I never experienced contractions but its like sharp almost stitch type pains...

Orlando biggest stint awake last night was from 12.20-2am then he was awake again from 4.15-5.20. He stirred at 7.20 and I re wrapped him and he slept another hour which is 3 hours! Very happy mummy again this morning!

Off to MCHN today can't wait to see how much he weighs!!