Closed Thread
Page 73 of 141 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hope you feel better soon nicsta...I got 2 hours 15 mins sleep until 12.45 and only just put bubs down again now (2.40am) praying for another 2 at least, neither of us have slept much over the last 24hrs so need to play catch up!

Sweet dreams!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Definitely the hardest part of every night...he awoke at 3am (after sleeping for 20 mins) and is still awake!! The last couple of nights has been awake from 3-6 roughly! Very tough! This too shall pass....this too shall pass....this too shall pass....my mantra!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes that's what I keep telling myself! This too shall pass. Ivy is back in bassinet but making all types of noises so who knows for how long, I'm really hoping till 630....we will see. Good luck SL xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    You might already be doing this but... Don't pick them up too early girls, alot of the time the noises are them resettling themselves... Wait till they are pretty much crying, you'll get to know over time the difference between them resettling & waking earlier but for now wait for the cry XX

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I sometimes think I pick her up too quick, but just then I waited until she screamed as it had only been 2 hours again and I just think surely you dont need this much!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1363642360.937174.jpg
    Maddison asleep after her 7am feed bit better last night we only woke twice but must say she was awake for about an hr each time. Hopefully we maybe getting there
    We put her in her nursery last night for the first time in her bassinet and the baby monitor on as mummy was nervous lol.
    The in laws leave on thurs wish it would hurry up so I can nap thought the day and hopefully get her better at sleeping as they are was to noisy lol
    Hope everyone is well

Oh didnt tell you all I had some lady tell me off for having my baby out at the shops yesterday she said oh how old so I tol her 2wks she said oh you shouldn't have her out till she's 6 wks OMG have I done the wrong thing what's everyone's thoughts

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Amy I was just reading that yesterday about how not to pick them up until they are steadily crying...which we have been doing anyway they're mega noisy though when they sleep aren't they?! Had probably the toughest night or what felt like it since we've been home...it's now quarter to nine and he has had one hour sleep since 3.30am. Already had a bit of a cry earlier! SOOOO tired! My DH said to start expressing so he can feed at night but Orlando is eating so often it makes expressing hard at the moment

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've bathed vee twice a day morning and night, ever since she was born. Sometimes 3 times a day being a midnight wash in the early weeks just to settle her for a few hours. My midwife recommended it and it worked forme. The bathing in the morning and night makes for a good routine and she is always refreshed therefore happy. As for the going out at 2 weeks I think it's healthy for you and baby to get out so that the baby gets used to being out of their environment so that later on the will be accustomed to going in the car, being surrounded by unfamiliar faces, different noises, etc
    Babys go through massive growth spurts in the first 3 weeks of their lives just bare with it and it will get better.
    I found that letting my baby get to crying stage at night would make her hard to settle and stay awake longer.....can you tell the difference between your babys hunger signs and babys unsettled signs?as soon as I see hunger signs I feed her and she will go back to sleep even if it meant getting up for 10 min to pop her on the boob. At least I was only awake for 10 min instead of an hour or two because she was screaming and upset and wide awake because I was talking to her to settle her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicsta83 View Post
    Dragon that's a tough one, does he look distressed when awake? If do keeping him up will likely not work according to all the advice I have been given as they say don't over stimulate, if bubs is happy to be awake and is content then it's ok, but if they are not then its not a good idea as it won't make them sleep better later, if anything I think it might make them sleep worse.

Honestly why don't these bubba's come with a manual!!!
    He is very restless and gets to the point of screaming if I don't give him a feed and put him down. Guess he is just making his own routine. We have had 2 bad nights in a row, with him waking every 1-2 hours from 11pm. Dh is going back to work tonight and will be away for about 7 weeks so I'm really hoping this night time nightmare is over soon. We shower Will every night and he loves it.

We had no 00000 and went via the shops on the way home from the hospital. I think it's ok as long as its not to crowded and people are touching or coughing over them. We had a Muslin over the capsule too just to stop wandering germs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last night was awful!
    She was up from 8pm to 11.30
    Then up screaming at 2 then again at 5
    I'm shattered!
    Dh is still not in my room, so it's getting really hard esp when ds doesn't take his day sleep.
    Ds was up at 6am
    It's gonna be a long day!!!