Closed Thread
Page 72 of 141 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicsta83 View Post
    Anyone had nipple thrush?
    Yep, for about three weeks. Do you think you have it? It's usually excruciating, was for me anyway. Feels like razor blades or a hot poker in your chest wall. I hope you don't have it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have tried keeping Will awake between 5-7pm but he just can't last. He is awake now and will last till about 5.30-6. Does anyone have any ideas how to extend their awake time while keeping then happy. And do you think it will make any difference with night sleep?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DRAGONFLY17 View Post
    I have tried keeping Will awake between 5-7pm but he just can't last. He is awake now and will last till about 5.30-6. Does anyone have any ideas how to extend their awake time while keeping then happy. And do you think it will make any difference with night sleep?
    A wet washer and it will refresh will also just talk to him I did it last night and found it help with an extra hrs sleep

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mrs simmo For This Useful Post:

DRAGONFLY17  (18-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm at a bit of a loss last night and today...bubs has really not slept much at all...last significant sleep was 2 hrs 40 which he woke up from at 3.30am this morning and he's mostly been sleeping in 1 hour blocks since then. At the moment I'm desperately trying to keep him on the boob - and awake - for as long as possible! Hoping he'll go down so I have enough time to eat dinner and do a few bits and bobs and still give me time to rest before he wakes!

How's everyone's partners handling their new additions?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1009 View Post
    I'm at a bit of a loss last night and today...bubs has really not slept much at all...last significant sleep was 2 hrs 40 which he woke up from at 3.30am this morning and he's mostly been sleeping in 1 hour blocks since then. At the moment I'm desperately trying to keep him on the boob - and awake - for as long as possible! Hoping he'll go down so I have enough time to eat dinner and do a few bits and bobs and still give me time to rest before he wakes!

How's everyone's partners handling their new additions?
    Oh no fingers cross bub sleeps a little better tonight try giving a bath then a feed see if that soothes bub I did that last night as we ha a ruff night the night before and found it helped xo

My hubby is great I guess the advantage is he has alway worked nights so he is a night owl and can handle the no sleep better then me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrs simmo View Post
    Oh no fingers cross bub sleeps a little better tonight try giving a bath then a feed see if that soothes bub I did that last night as we ha a ruff night the night before and found it helped xo

My hubby is great I guess the advantage is he has alway worked nights so he is a night owl and can handle the no sleep better then me
    How often are you bathing bubs? I think we should do it at night at least every other day but DH doesnt want to do it at night in case he gets sick from the cold!!

I put Orlando down at ten past 6 and he was up again at 20 past!!! Argh!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have been bathing every second day...I was going to bath her tonight cause she has been the most settled in ages....so I didn't want to ruin it. Not sure if it will transfer into the night but I'm hoping.ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1363606024.545363.jpgImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1363606033.986444.jpg

I have attached a couple of pics...one of Ivy sleeping soundly on top of our Bec and one just after I gave birth.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dragon that's a tough one, does he look distressed when awake? If do keeping him up will likely not work according to all the advice I have been given as they say don't over stimulate, if bubs is happy to be awake and is content then it's ok, but if they are not then its not a good idea as it won't make them sleep better later, if anything I think it might make them sleep worse.

Honestly why don't these bubba's come with a manual!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1009 View Post
    How often are you bathing bubs? I think we should do it at night at least every other day but DH doesnt want to do it at night in case he gets sick from the cold!!

I put Orlando down at ten past 6 and he was up again at 20 past!!! Argh!!
    I bath every 2nd night and I make sure all doors and windows are closed to ensure its warm so bub isn't cold on the nights I don't bath I still use warm washers and I wash her down from top to tail it just helps sooth her then I feed and wind her the bed.
    Tonight we did the bath then feed at 6pm and she's still asleep should wake at 10pm so that's 4hrs.
    One happy mummy

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't know If I have thrush, I Feel a little thrush like downstairs but not convinced as it just generally feels a bit yuk down there with the ongoing period etc...ill see how I feel tomorrow. Don't have nipple pain and can't see signs of it in Ivy's mouth but I'm aware that I should look out for it.

Ivy has been sleeping well since approx 3pm although sometimes she will wake herself in a massive scream, I then just pat her and stroke her head and she goes back to sleep...it's like she has a horrible dream or something!

I hope we all get at least 2 hour sleeps tonight!