Page 71 of 141 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think Myles has a cold!! 😪

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry you're having a tough time Amy but ur right mental health is number one! The frustrating part for me is that I have plenty if supply but mr lazybones won't stay awake to have a massive feed even when I try keeping him awake so he ends up cluster feeding and not sleeping!! Tonight's been tough been pretty much awake since 3.30 and now it's 7.30

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Amy and KM I totally get the stress with breastfeeding. I've done both having taken Jaan home on bottles and have him ignore the breast for the first 4 weeks. I was devastated but it was easier and stress free except I felt like I'd missed out. Now that I am BFing it's very hard but I can't stop! Give it up if you can deal with it, having a traumatic time is going to impact more on bubs than going to formula or expressed. The last 2 days have finally been better for me but I have had 6 days out of 5 weeks that haven't been painful. I think I've only persevered because I'm not tired and I saw a LC every week plus go to ABA meets in my neighborhood. I'm sure the next lump and day of feeling razors is just a around the corner though! Good luck with whatever you decide.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1009 View Post
    Sorry you're having a tough time Amy but ur right mental health is number one! The frustrating part for me is that I have plenty if supply but mr lazybones won't stay awake to have a massive feed even when I try keeping him awake so he ends up cluster feeding and not sleeping!! Tonight's been tough been pretty much awake since 3.30 and now it's 7.30
    I could have written your post sl!
    Ella feeds for 5 mins and then passes out, all ready and awake again on 2 hours! Days are way better, but she is so sleepy at night and doesn't get a full feed!
    I hope it gets better soon!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Amy and km, I totally feel for you.
    I think I posted at the beginning of this how hard it was for me with ds.
    No one tells you!!
    It's been less painful with Ella but I'm using shields.
    Do what ever works! A happy mummy's and a happy baby!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well he got 2 hours...I'll take it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anyone had nipple thrush?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyEL View Post
    I'm gonna say it... Breast feeding sucks! So stressful, I reckon it would be a huge cause of PND you certainly don't get warned enough on how difficult it can be... You hang in there & vent to us when you need to, I totally understand with the BF, Myles is 4 weeks tomorrow & I still haven't got it right, I'm giving it till Thursday & if its not sorted I'm switching to formula, mental health is too important! XX
    Maddison was of formula form day dot I did want to do the whole BF thing but it didnt work for me or her many people have there say on how it's bad it to be honest it's saved my health as I was to stressed trying as was maddy so pls dnt let any one make you think you have failed you have tried do what's right for u x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Verity is 8 weeks old today. She is just so cute. A very relaxed and happy baby. We are in a great routine and she is now sleeping through the night. I'm very lucky to have such a good little girl. Worried that if I were to have another that baby would be a total terror lol. Read somewhere that when your baby reaches 8 weeks old they sleep through and are perfect little angels and then when they hit 12 weeks old they go back to what they were like before the 8 week mark lol. She is growing so quickly!!!!!! She grew out of her 0000 jumpsuits and shirts/dresses at 6 weeks, still that size in pants and still can't fit into 0-3mth shoes I believe that within 4 weeks she will be into 00 lol in jumpsuits/shirts/dresses. Sad because she has such pretty clothes that she has hardly worn.

Thanks
    Reviews
    In regards to baby falling asleep breast feeding, a midwife told me to wet her down to wake her up!

A LC told me thats the worst thing to to do and don't do anything that causes a negative breast feeding experience, common sense really.

LC suggested waking baby back up by changing her then offer her a breast again. It seems to work somewhat. The other thing they suggested was top her up with expressed milk 20-30mls just before breast feeding which will give her a energy boost to be able to breast feed without getting so tired.
    Last edited by kmvw; 18-03-2013 at 13:54.