Closed Thread
Page 70 of 141 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Jaan is 10 weeks, he's now holding his head, smiling, following us with his eyes, batting at hanging toys, sleeps all night with 1 or 2 tiny feeds but we cosleep so I don't get tired. Biggest problem is breastfeeding, I get lumps every 2 days which result in mega pain, I think I've had a few weeks of breast thrush, also still using about 90ml of formula a day. The other small problems, he hates his car seat and pram, loves being carried in the sling. He has totally chosen attachment parenting on his own accord which I'm fine with I just need to remember that's the way he is, he also never cries so feeling quite blessed. Everything is doable when you're not suffering from fatigue. If I was tired I think the breastfeeding would have stopped. I now only pump when I get lumps which is great, I hate pumping!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The crib at the hospital was able to be loved up to be in a tilted position wish I could do that at home as I think it would help!

Orlando has been unsettled during the day today (pretty much since 12.30) for once. He has only slept just under 3 hours between 12.30 and 7.30!! Finally went down for a good sleep at 7.30...he started stirring at quarter past 9 and I was hanging to get to that 2 hour mark again...I ended up unwrapping and re wrapping him in the bassinet without him waking completely and now it's 9.50 so he's been down 2 hours 20...very happy mummy! Has at least given my boobs a break and a chance to refill a bit although they still feel a bit deflated lol!! Hoping he sleeps longer still for me...was pleasantly surprised that worked!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Re pumping..I decided to only express for freezer storage but at this stage because my little man feeds so much I am going to wait until there is at least 3 hours between feeds regularly before starting to express again! I aim to get a few 150ml bottles worth in storage to have at any time so I can get to the point where I have at least one bottle at the ready if we are to go out to save feeding in public / at occasions

Thanks
    Reviews
    My little man is such a squirmer my goodness!! Sometimes when he's feeding he'll pull off and make all these hilarious gremlin like noises whilst flailing around looking for the nipple again! Such a little weirdo!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Gampa,
    Try not to stress to much. I am having issues with my 4 year old. Olivia is now 11 weeks. I spoke to the heath nurse. She said when Olivia reaches 4 months it will be like putting a switch on. So I am hoping that happerns. I worry that Abbey will hurt Olivia. She is always leaning over the bassenett and is a liilte rough with Olivia.
    I think the other Mothers will understand. It is hard being 4. They feel that they have losted there mum to another baby.
    It will get better.
    Kel x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ella is now three weeks old, I think I have been blessed with a perfect baby in regards to sleeping etc. She doesn't cry much and she sleeps three hourly without the need for resettling etc.

Ella is very relaxed, the only thing I would love to improve is the breast feeding.

Funny little things she does... If the attachment is not right and I have to reattach she has become a little lazy, as my milk is already flowing she is quite happy to lick the milk rather than attach! Funny little thing, maybe not quite so funny at 3am.. She also grunts all the time, and the expressions on her face at times are priceless.

Last night I was in tears as DH thought it was funny she wouldn't let go of my nipple as I had to reattach as it was hurting! Wow did he feel bad after I gave him a spray and told him I was just about to throw in the towel with breast feeding.

I've spoken to a few professionals in regards to feeling very flat, they think I have pnd. I actually think the whole breast feeding issue is the main problem. If I could get that sorted I would feel much better. However I've been told it is just waiting game atm for her mouth to grow, she must have a small mouth and I have larger nipples so its not quite working!

Thanks
    Reviews
    SO ANNOYING my little prince was sleeping like a champ until he did wees and mummy didn't put his nappy on right so it wet everywhere and woke him up! Fail mummy! Ah well! At least it's given me 2 hours between feeds!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kmvw View Post
    Ella is now three weeks old, I think I have been blessed with a perfect baby in regards to sleeping etc. She doesn't cry much and she sleeps three hourly without the need for resettling etc.

Ella is very relaxed, the only thing I would love to improve is the breast feeding.

Funny little things she does... If the attachment is not right and I have to reattach she has become a little lazy, as my milk is already flowing she is quite happy to lick the milk rather than attach! Funny little thing, maybe not quite so funny at 3am.. She also grunts all the time, and the expressions on her face at times are priceless.

Last night I was in tears as DH thought it was funny she wouldn't let go of my nipple as I had to reattach as it was hurting! Wow did he feel bad after I gave him a spray and told him I was just about to throw in the towel with breast feeding.

I've spoken to a few professionals in regards to feeling very flat, they think I have pnd. I actually think the whole breast feeding issue is the main problem. If I could get that sorted I would feel much better. However I've been told it is just waiting game atm for her mouth to grow, she must have a small mouth and I have larger nipples so its not quite working!
    I'm sorry km I really hope that BFing works for you quickly xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Btw isn't it funny how bubs can keep sheets clean for a couple of days if they have no accidents but then they go through all 3 of your sets in one day! Lol! How's everyone's washing piles??

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm gonna say it... Breast feeding sucks! So stressful, I reckon it would be a huge cause of PND you certainly don't get warned enough on how difficult it can be... You hang in there & vent to us when you need to, I totally understand with the BF, Myles is 4 weeks tomorrow & I still haven't got it right, I'm giving it till Thursday & if its not sorted I'm switching to formula, mental health is too important! XX