Closed Thread
Page 69 of 141 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicsta83 View Post
    It's so confusing trying to understand why they are unsettled...honestly Ivy has not slept for more than 1.5 hours at a time over the last 24 hours...and when she does sleep she wriggles and makes noise and doesn't look happy. I need to go to the shops so its time to wake and feed again before we go!!
    I feel ya bud I had the same last night

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DRAGONFLY17 View Post
    So I'm a bit lost to where we are all at. How old is everyone's bub and what sort of routine are you in and what are your current challenges/ concerns?
    hi,
    Baby Elizabeth is 6 weeks. she is a good baby but no way near sleeping thru yet! grrrr...
    my main problem is DD1 reaction to DD2. DD1 is 4 years old and we had a party for her yesterday at a park. beautiful weather, location by the water, had a fairy do face painting and play games. had 14 other kids there...a little girls dream party...princesses, fairies, balloons, made a rapunzel cake....but my little devil thru tanti after tanti and was rude to the fairy, and rude to everyone. screamed at every opportunity. i was in tears. i am so embarressed and mortified. i spent today ringing parents and apologising. we got her home from party where she had another screaming match til 10pm. she woke up this morning and had another 2 hour rage session... im exhausted. shes been banned her presents from the party until she behaves and until shes written sorry cards to her friends. the worst part is when she was cutting her cake she got so angry (wind blew out candles) that she hit the table with a carving knife and then threw the knife at one of her friends nearly hitting him with the knife...my god i was so upset. we took her straight home and she missed out on the cake etc but gee im embarressed. we are at a loss at what to do - elizabeth is 6 weeks old - we thought shed settle a bit by now. .....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mrs simmo View Post
    Last night was the first time ever for spewing nothing since none at all today I will mention it to the midwife at our next appointment but if it happens again and that bad ill be taking her to the Dr
    elizabeth spews all the time - huge ones - can hit the wall opposite you! and fill an face cloth - she has reflux but i dont worry about it so long as shes gaining weight. she needs top ups of food though after a huge spill. i have to keep her upright after a feed and for any nappy changes! all cots, bassinets and nappy change station are all on a 25% angle ..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gampa View Post
    hi,
    Baby Elizabeth is 6 weeks. she is a good baby but no way near sleeping thru yet! grrrr...
    my main problem is DD1 reaction to DD2. DD1 is 4 years old and we had a party for her yesterday at a park. beautiful weather, location by the water, had a fairy do face painting and play games. had 14 other kids there...a little girls dream party...princesses, fairies, balloons, made a rapunzel cake....but my little devil thru tanti after tanti and was rude to the fairy, and rude to everyone. screamed at every opportunity. i was in tears. i am so embarressed and mortified. i spent today ringing parents and apologising. we got her home from party where she had another screaming match til 10pm. she woke up this morning and had another 2 hour rage session... im exhausted. shes been banned her presents from the party until she behaves and until shes written sorry cards to her friends. the worst part is when she was cutting her cake she got so angry (wind blew out candles) that she hit the table with a carving knife and then threw the knife at one of her friends nearly hitting him with the knife...my god i was so upset. we took her straight home and she missed out on the cake etc but gee im embarressed. we are at a loss at what to do - elizabeth is 6 weeks old - we thought shed settle a bit by now. .....
    Omg gampa I feel so bad for you. Ds1 has been great and absolutely loves his little brother and I would not be coping at all if I had to go through what you are. Have you thought about getting her some counselling or talking to you doc about the situation ? You are doing so well to still be sane, I admire your strength so much.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    hi,
    Gampa you poor thing, I don't think I'd cope at all, I reckon seeing someone about it is good advice, you can't keep living like that!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Myles is 4 weeks... Our biggest issue is still breastfeeding! I would really like to be able to but it's killing me, saw another LCD on Thursday & everything went well so decided to give it another go, I have been expressing pretty much every feed.., yesterday the pain got too much, my nipples where killing me & I had painful lumps, I was in tears last night so spoke to my cousin who had mastitis 4 times with her last bub, she told me how to clear lumps, thank god I managed to... I had a massive sleep this morning & have been expressing & boobs & nipples are feeling heaps better... I'll give it another go today & see what happens!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh was also told if you are feeding less than 2 hours to put back onto the same boob and not keep alternating till over the 2 hrs. Something to do with the type of milk they get.
    Still confused with the whole alternating thing maybe I'm doing it wrong?? I guess I will ask the lactation consultant next time I speak to her...whether I've not fed for 1 hour or 3, I always start from the same boob I finished on...but I guess if thy refill then that doesn't really make sense does it???

Thanks
    Reviews
    relux often bad at night- the sphincter tone loose as they are sleeping.
    try not to confuse being tired with hunger - the signs often very similar. will root, cry, look hungry when all they need is resettling. i would try to resetlle if under 2 hours even if it means he is in your arms temporarily.
    i know there was a discussion re dummies earlier on in the thread but reflux babies need to suck as it sucks the acid back down and is therapeutic. even tressilian - bad babycentre! - reccomends them for reflux- have you considered using one for resettling so you can get him to go for 21/2 - 3 hourly?
    Orlando is a massive sucker but will not take a dummy - we've tried about 4 separate times and he just spits it out! Not a hugely bad thing as I didn't really want to use one anyway!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    William was 1 mth on Friday and in the last 3 says I have noticed a huge change in his alertness and is awake for a lot longer during the day. It's so much more fun and he loves nuding up and surprisingly loves tummy time ( ds1 hated it). Still getting wind at night and waking 3-4 times but is feeding heaps quicker which is good. Have been told their digestion and routine all seem to get sorted round the 6 weeks and seeing how fast the last month has gone, it will all be sorted very soon.
    Oh my gosh Orlando LOVES being starkers on the change table...that's the only real awake time he has..very cute!

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi,
    Oh gampa you poor love how horrible for you!! I guess the new addition is just a massive adjustment and I pray that she really calms down and starts loving being a big sister soon xx