Closed Thread
Page 58 of 141 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wow the LC sounded very helpful...my mum knows one from her craft group, I got the number this afternoon and am going to give her a call and make an appointment.

I hope done of her tips work for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Beta View Post
    Shields can cause nipple confusion or worse can stop bub draining the whole breast which can lead to supply issues or mastitis. I used them though but very infrequently and moved it after a few minutes
    Really? Wow now I'm scared!

I took her off last feed and tried to latch her without it. She gaged and threw up, so now I'm worried she may never be able to latch at all with her high gag reflex
    The shield doesn't go as far as the natural breast (which is why we are using them - easier to drink!) so without it she can't cope (same with the bottle).

I don't have a problem with her draining or supply issue, just pray I don't have a problem with nipple confusion. I hate the shields!

Oh, why is it so hard!!!!!
    What should I do????

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Bubs ended up sleeping so DH and I had a nice walk around the shops and got home before him waking!

It was nice to put some make up on and get out! Glad to be back in the comfort of my home for now!!

Off to GP for bubs in the morning a d then having our home visit from maternal child health nurse in the afternoon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by adden View Post
    Really? Wow now I'm scared!

I took her off last feed and tried to latch her without it. She gaged and threw up, so now I'm worried she may never be able to latch at all with her high gag reflex
    The shield doesn't go as far as the natural breast (which is why we are using them - easier to drink!) so without it she can't cope (same with the bottle).

I don't have a problem with her draining or supply issue, just pray I don't have a problem with nipple confusion. I hate the shields!

Oh, why is it so hard!!!!!
    What should I do????
    I can't remember, did you see a LC? If they suggested the shields stay with them, they usually only suggest them in certain circumstances. Maybe in a few weeks things will change. Some people do use shields long term, whatever works is a good thing I reckon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah, I had a personal LC in the nicu twice a week for 4 weeks.
    She is 6 weeks on Friday, but only 2.6kgs.. She said at 3kgs to book in again to wean. Ill book for 2 weeks time cause now I'm worried!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My sweet boy has been down for half an hour I just got into bed I wonder how much shut eye I'll get before he stirs!! Sweet dreams to you and your babies ladies

Xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    She is 6 weeks on Friday, but only 2.6kgs.. She said at 3kgs to book in again to wean. Ill book for 2 weeks time cause now I'm worried!!!!
    Don't stress Adden, do what is working for you and your bub not what works for someone else... LC recommended a nipple shield for me as Myles has a short tongue, she said use as necessary... Just relax and let your bubba grow!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to AmyEL For This Useful Post:

adden  (13-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    The LC today also mentioned that things get way easier as bubs grows cause their mouth gets bigger which makes it easier to latch. Don't stress and just do what're ever doesn't hurt.

Afm 2 feeds pain free yay best money spent I recon

Oh he has been getting wind at night and LC said infacol would be worth a shot from 1 mth which is Friday. Said it would be better than gripe water. Anyone used infacol yet? I used gripe water with ds1 that seemed ok.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh another interesting thing I learnt was that breast milk changes throughout the day. It's more fatty in the afternoon which is why so many bubs cluster feed late afternoon / early evening in prep for night time. Good to know what's been going on routine wise is normal and is happening for a reason .

11. The Following User Says Thank You to DRAGONFLY17 For This Useful Post:

SL1009  (13-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Infacol works well for Ella!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to adden For This Useful Post:

DRAGONFLY17  (13-03-2013)