Closed Thread
Page 57 of 141 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Dragon are you breaking the suction with your little finger?

Anyone know why LC'S are against nipple shields? I'm thinking of trying some today.

Adden I was also told 2-3 hr feeds but because I had GDM and the baby was small.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My LC made everyone in the nursery start with shields.
    Small babies can't latch properly and can't create a vacuum by themselves. I can't take her off them till she is 3kgs. Still about 500gms to go.
    You just have to use them properly and they are a lifesaver!
    Sorry, not preaching, just saying what works for me!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    When I go to break the suction he sucks harder its amazing how much 1 good suck can hurt. LC coming over at 2 will let you know how I go. Will ask about shields for you km.

Have a great afternoon sl you have earned it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well we have had another ruff night maddison was awake for most of it even tried me and her in the bath at 5.30am then a feed she finally went down at7am and slept till 1pm so that was a good run but she sleeps really well through the day it's night that's killing me DH is really good but I think it's catching up on him were pushing through and hoping it gets easer well I hope so before DH goes back to work other wise ill be up and down fit 24 hrs
    Home nurse said we are doing every thing right and feed on demand so have to keep at it
    Oh and trying to dry my milk OMG

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Got to shopping centre at about quarter to 2. It's now 3.25 and so far have done 3 nappy changes and I'm feeding again. We have managed one shop lol!! Certainly hits home that things were so easy before! Loving it though it is nice to be out of the house. Hopefully he will fall asleep and sleep for a solid hour so we can do our bits and pieces and then leave!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh my goodness not a good idea!!!!
    I seriously have not left the parent room at myer!!! DH went off and got us a souvlaki then did our bits and pieces and just waiting for him to come back then we're leaving!!! Orlando not ready for sure!!

Also his belly isn't looking the best from the stump so seeing GP in the morning! It's all happening! God willing we get home in one piece and have a good rest!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kmvw View Post
    Dragon are you breaking the suction with your little finger?

Anyone know why LC'S are against nipple shields? I'm thinking of trying some today.

Adden I was also told 2-3 hr feeds but because I had GDM and the baby was small.
    Shields can cause nipple confusion or worse can stop bub draining the whole breast which can lead to supply issues or mastitis. I used them though but very infrequently and moved it after a few minutes

Thanks
    Reviews
    For babies who have their night and day mixed up.. Are you keeping their environment really light during the day then dark at night? Some babies take a few weeks to adjust from the womb but exposure to natural light should speed it up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The LC was great. I now have to put him on from underneath not the side and really tilt my nipple up when putting him on. Also need to support the outside of my boob while feeding.

Other things I was told : never wake a sleeping baby ( this was her opinion and from her experience , she has 4 kids), nipple shields are great for healing sore nipples but are not ideal long term, it can take 6 weeks for them to recognise day/ night so don't stress to much and no talking at night time and have it as dark as possible, if he wants to get back on less than 2 hrs from start of a feed to offer the same side again.

And most important if he is not sucking properly take him off, if he is still looking for more then re latch cause he is most likely doing the damage when he has had enough.

He seems to be getting enough now in 10 min which is normal and I don't have to offer the second if he doesn't look like he needs it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I'm definitely trying the light in the day and dark at night routine...DH has actually just taken her out while he forced me to rest...we will see if I can get some sleep.

SL it is amazing how much time they take, but it pushes me to just be super efficient