Closed Thread
Page 56 of 141 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks mrs op and Greb will do both today. I so envy those who have great bf boobies lol. If no luck going to call the LC this arvo.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anyone else so hungry ALL the time???
    I eat a full meal and could easily eat another one! So worried all my hard work while being pregnant will go away (I'm below pre preg weight and don't want to gain, but no energy to exercise!!!)
    Healthy snack tips that fill me up??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dragon I hear you, having the same problem. I'm starting to think my nipples are too big for her mouth. I've been twice to LC and its just not working. It takes at least 5-10 attempts to latch correctly but by that time she is frustrated and tired so i suffer through the pain of a bad attachment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kmvw View Post
    Dragon I hear you, having the same problem. I'm starting to think my nipples are too big for her mouth. I've been twice to LC and its just not working. It takes at least 5-10 attempts to latch correctly but by that time she is frustrated and tired so i suffer through the pain of a bad attachment.
    I'm the opposite mine are small. I also find getting him off really hurts too so I put up with the pain after a few attempts. Are you the same?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by adden View Post
    Anyone else so hungry ALL the time???
    I eat a full meal and could easily eat another one! So worried all my hard work while being pregnant will go away (I'm below pre preg weight and don't want to gain, but no energy to exercise!!!)
    Healthy snack tips that fill me up??
    I have lost my appetite so sorry can't relate. Watermelon is a great filler that's low in calories and is nice when its hot. I went for my first run yesterday afternoon and felt like I was going to die. Still have 15kg till pre preg weight so will just have to suck it up and keep going. It was funny all the looks I got from people driving past they all looked like they felt sorry for me ha ha ha.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes Adden it's confusing for sure...I'm gonna make an appt at my hospital on fri to get advice....I think ill prob continue to try and teach her the difference between night and day by doing 3 hourly feeds for a few more days....

I really think her issue seems to be wind, she is always pushing and grunting!

I had trouble with attachment and I still don't think it's perfect but it doesn't hurt so I'm trying to run with it.

Poor DH took Ivy for an hour last night so I could get one hours sleep and he was pulling his hair out. He is normally way note patient than me, but not last night...he reckons she has no reason to be so unsettled, I just tried reminding him she is a baby....quite a new one at that and that hopefully it will pass

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am hungry but don't feel like eating cause I'm scared everything I eat may have a negative effect on Ivy!!! Or I'm normally too tired to eat!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DRAGONFLY17 View Post
    Great to hear from you Greb and to hear your loving life.

We had a rough night to last night Will was waking ever 1.5 hours. I still am having trouble with him latching. He just doesn't take enough boob so is just sucking on my nipple and the are so red and sore. I asked the midwife at weight in about seeing a LC but there is only one private around that I would have to pat for. Does anyone have any tricks I can try before having to pay for help?

The midwife also said that waking newborns during the day doesn't make them sleep better at night and it can make things worse by making them over tired. It will get better Nic just try and sleep as much as possible during the day.
    I just wait until Orlando's mouth is open really wide and then literally push his head on and hold it for a few seconds. They're mouth from the side should resemble the 'special k' symbol - wide and with both lips outwards. If that doesn't work once they're attached and sucking you can try using your finger to pull down his chin to make sure that bottom lip is out...recommend lansinoh cream and hydrogel pads for the pain. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I just put make up on for the first time in god knows how long! Feels great! Hopefully our first little family adventure will be a successful one! Wish me luck x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck SL I'm sure you will love it, it's good to get outside into the world, although everytime I do I realize how tired I really am so thankful for maternity leave