Closed Thread
Page 55 of 141 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    No luck tonight again she has been pretty much awake from 11pm...I don't know what to do....why would she be like this?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Nic.. I'm so sorry!
    Ella was awake from 8pm to 11pm and we are scratching our heads too . I basically fed for 2 hours straight, but that didnt help at all.
    I guess you have tried a bath?
    How about trying to keep bubs awake after each feed during the day and feeding more often
    Then just not waking at night?
    Sunshine also helps establish day/night.
    I'm so sorry and I hope something works fast for you!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone, haven't been on much, just been busy as I'm sure you understand

Nic, you will need to wake her 3 hourly for a couple of days at least for it to start making a difference, also start a night time routine and sick to it. It basically acts as sleep cues that its bed time. It will get better.

To everyone who is down, I think having ivf bubbas makes it harder in a way because you feel like you shouldn't have these feelings after working so hard to have one. If it doesn't go away then go see your gp or mchn.

Afm: Eliana is 12 weeks old today, time goes so fast. The first 8 weeks were really hard, she has silent reflux and so simply screamed if she was not upright. Or she would grunt and strain and groan and just be in pain, it was not a lot of fun. She is on medication now and is doing much better. I love being a mummy.
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks girls, ill keep on the routine for more days....I suppose I am just happy that she doesn't do it ALL day as well I fell asleep after the 5am feed once age settled about 6 so this feed is a 4 hourly but ill do my best for 3 rest of the day. It's not 40 degrees here anymore, finally ! It's been so hot since she was born, today we will go for a walk.

Greb 12 weeks already!!! She is cute! What is silent reflux?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great to hear from you Greb and to hear your loving life.

We had a rough night to last night Will was waking ever 1.5 hours. I still am having trouble with him latching. He just doesn't take enough boob so is just sucking on my nipple and the are so red and sore. I asked the midwife at weight in about seeing a LC but there is only one private around that I would have to pat for. Does anyone have any tricks I can try before having to pay for help?

The midwife also said that waking newborns during the day doesn't make them sleep better at night and it can make things worse by making them over tired. It will get better Nic just try and sleep as much as possible during the day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jerky movements are an early tired sign 😊

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mrsoptomistic For This Useful Post:

SL1009  (13-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DRAGONFLY17 View Post

We had a rough night to last night Will was waking ever 1.5 hours. I still am having trouble with him latching. He just doesn't take enough boob so is just sucking on my nipple and the are so red and sore. I asked the midwife at weight in about seeing a LC but there is only one private around that I would have to pat for. Does anyone have any tricks I can try before having to pay for help?

The midwife also said that waking newborns during the day doesn't make them sleep better at night and it can make things worse by making them over tired. It will get better Nic just try and sleep as much as possible during the day.
    Dragon, I slip my finger across the top and bottom of bubs lip when she is on the breast to flick her lip up and out to make sure the lips are turned out not pursed in. (do it with a damp finger - or with a bit of breast milk on your finger) I find she gets a good mouthful but the underside of her lip is sometimes turned in (telltale sign is that it hurst and makes a clicking noise...) so I reposition with my finger rather than take on and off. Hope this helps you Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews

Have a look at you tube for baby led attachment. Its what my lc taught me to do and saved me changing to formula. Mind you the money I spent on my lc was the best money I have spent.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The midwife also said that waking newborns during the day doesn't make them sleep better at night and it can make things worse by making them over tired.
    I haven't heard this! With both mine they told me to wake 3 hourly. Maybe cause they are prem??? Now I'm more confused than ever!

Have you tried shields to help latch then remove it? It seems like a pain, but worked for me with ds.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by adden View Post
    I haven't heard this! With both mine they told me to wake 3 hourly. Maybe cause they are prem??? Now I'm more confused than ever!

Have you tried shields to help latch then remove it? It seems like a pain, but worked for me with ds.
    I know we get told so many conflicting things it is so hard to know what's right. Guess they are all worth a shot to see what works. What works for one might not work for another.

Have used shields a few days but he gets very frustrated with them and as soon as I take them away he is back to nipple chomping. Really want to get this sorted cause I really dread each feed.