Closed Thread
Page 54 of 141 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104 ... LastLast
Results 531 to 540 of 1401
  1. #531
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    975
    Thanks
    212
    Thanked
    137
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Nic, are you pumping too?
    I have the same problem and did with ds. It does settle to their needs, but takes time. I've stopped pumping unless she only has one side and apart from a few painful 'full' feeling days, it's helped. She is drowned every let down.. Poor thing!
    Oh, try hand pumping when you feel the let down.. Just pull bubs off and squeeze a bit out.
    Hope it settles soon for you!
    Burp lots too, Ella is really gassy as well.. Must come with guzzling!
    Hope I have been some help!
    We are doing ok. Dh back at work and I'm just exhausted.. But doing fine otherwise! Can't believe she is nearly 6 weeks old!

  2. #532
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,670
    Thanks
    61
    Thanked
    247
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks Adden...I have stopped pumping as of today and am only going to offer her one breast at a time and going to take your advice to pull her off when I feel the let down, or ill hand express a little before she gets on the boob as well as try and feed more laying down...see if all these things improve it

    Are there foods I shouldn't eat that could also make her fussy? I keep telling myself it's one day at a time, I find the nights the hardest as I get anxious that she will be a fuss pot. After this feed DH is going to keep her with him while I go for hopefully a 3 hour sleep...

  3. #533
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,094
    Thanks
    557
    Thanked
    243
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicsta83 View Post

    Are there foods I shouldn't eat that could also make her fussy? I keep telling myself it's one day at a time, I find the nights the hardest as I get anxious that she will be a fuss pot. After this feed DH is going to keep her with him while I go for hopefully a 3 hour sleep...
    apparently onion, chocolate and coffee are common foods that can make babies windy/upset. But it's really trial and error as to what will affect you and bub.

  4. #534
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    2,412
    Thanks
    153
    Thanked
    304
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyEL View Post
    Been to see my GP today, my c-section wound seems to be opening a bit at one end 😣 and last night has some puss (sorry TMI 😝) the doc took a swab but looked clean today but wants to make sure no infection so will go back on Friday for results... Fingers crossed its all ok!
    Yukky you poor thing! Mine too is really sore on one side I made DH look at it and he reckons it looks fine which is good! Was trying to cut down on the painkillers but really needed the strong ones today

  5. #535
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    2,412
    Thanks
    153
    Thanked
    304
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyEL View Post
    Been to see my GP today, my c-section wound seems to be opening a bit at one end 😣 and last night has some puss (sorry TMI 😝) the doc took a swab but looked clean today but wants to make sure no infection so will go back on Friday for results... Fingers crossed its all ok!
    Yukky you poor thing! Mine too is really sore on one side I made DH look at it and he reckons it looks fine which is good! Was trying to cut down on the painkillers but really needed the strong ones today.

    My council has a free lactation consultant that does home visits so a lady came out today and was very helpful...still I have questions that I forgot to ask but at least I feel better after speaking with her about a few things.

    First family outing tomorrow...DH and Orlando are going to Chadstone so I'm looking forward to getting out also having first visit from MCHN tomorrow afternoon which I'm looking forward to!

    I can't believe our little boy will be 12 days old tomorrow! He's been a bit fussy tonight and I thought he must have been constipated and he just did the biggest fart so I'm sure his nappy is nice and full now sorry tmi lol!! Fingers crossed he finishes a good feed and then goes off to sleep for a little while!

  6. #536
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    2,412
    Thanks
    153
    Thanked
    304
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicsta83 View Post
    Thanks Adden...I have stopped pumping as of today and am only going to offer her one breast at a time and going to take your advice to pull her off when I feel the let down, or ill hand express a little before she gets on the boob as well as try and feed more laying down...see if all these things improve it

    Are there foods I shouldn't eat that could also make her fussy? I keep telling myself it's one day at a time, I find the nights the hardest as I get anxious that she will be a fuss pot. After this feed DH is going to keep her with him while I go for hopefully a 3 hour sleep...
    I asked lactation consultant about foods today and she said that you can have anything in moderation if you scoff down heaps of a particular food then that may make bubs uncomfy

    Sounds like a lot of windy babies! Lactation consultant reckons if bubs is latching on properly then you don't need to burp a breastfed baby! Apparently they will burp if they need to! This is one piece of info I don't think I agree with as Imif we don't burp Orlando he will be awake much sooner with an even sorer tummy and will burp and do big #2s!!!

  7. #537
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    2,412
    Thanks
    153
    Thanked
    304
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Is anyone else noticing that bubs can be really jerky or twitchy at times?? Freaks me out!!

  8. #538
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    847
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked
    167
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I feel a letdown before I start feeding Ella, when I hear her or when she is due for a feed. I realise now though that my milk must also be flowing too fast as she chokes.

    I've also been told no need to burp breast feeding babies, apparently it's a very western thing to do that has been taught to us through generations. If you want to burp your baby, apparently if you sit them up and they burp that's all you need to do...

  9. #539
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    2,412
    Thanks
    153
    Thanked
    304
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Is anyone else noticing that bubs can be really jerky or twitchy at times?? Freaks me out!!

  10. #540
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,670
    Thanks
    61
    Thanked
    247
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    No luck tonight again she has been pretty much awake from 11pm...I don't know what to do....why would she be like this?


 

Similar Threads

  1. IVF Babies due Jan/Feb/Mar 2013 #4
    By DRAGONFLY17 in forum pregnancy and babies through IVF
    Replies: 1600
    Last Post: 17-02-2013, 18:50
  2. IVF Babies Due Jan/Feb/Mar 2013 #3
    By Nicsta83 in forum pregnancy and babies through IVF
    Replies: 1843
    Last Post: 19-12-2012, 15:01
  3. IVF Babies Due Jan/Feb/Mar 2013 #2
    By Nicsta83 in forum pregnancy and babies through IVF
    Replies: 489
    Last Post: 09-09-2012, 19:09

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
sales & new stuffsee all
Bub Hub Sales Listing
HAVING A SALE? Let parents know about it with a Bub Hub Sales listing. Listings are featured on our well trafficked Sales Page + selected randomly to appear on EVERY page
featured supporter
Little Kickers NSW
Little Kickers was launched in 2002 in the UK and arrived Down Under in 2009. Our motto is “Play not Push” and we provide a positive fun-filled soccer program for children aged 18 months -7 years in a vibrant, group play environment.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!