Closed Thread
Page 53 of 141 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was feeling really down in my first week or so, DH was worried about PND, and so was I a little... I found this questionnaire online & did it, I got 16 out of 30... I figured that was just over 50% so completely normal, plus once I got all the guilt out about breastfeeding not working I felt a million times better... Link to questionnaire below;

http://www.beyondblue.org.au/index.aspx?link_id=103.885

I think the more you talk about how you are feeling the better off you'll be & if you can't talk to your DP talk to us or another Mum that will understand what you're going through.

if you are still feeling the same a few weeks in definitely see your GP your mental health is too important to risk XXX

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Since my initial terrible day on Friday I feel much better, still sometimes overwhelming but I'm not as teary.

Ivy was so restless last night, slept like an angel all day and then wriggled and wouldn't settle all night! Then after her feed this morning at 930 she has gone down like an angel...grr!!

She is coughing and choking on my milk when she feeds, I googled it and said maybe I have too much supply...anyone heard of this?

Also today I'm gonna try and wake her 3 hourly for feeds and make more of N effort for her to know its day time...not sure if it will make a difference but honestly I can't have her being a wriggle pot from 11pm - 7am every night

Thanks
    Reviews
    Myles, 3 weeks old yesterday.... His outfit is a little big but so cute!

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1363058202.800971.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicsta83 View Post
    Since my initial terrible day on Friday I feel much better, still sometimes overwhelming but I'm not as teary.

Ivy was so restless last night, slept like an angel all day and then wriggled and wouldn't settle all night! Then after her feed this morning at 930 she has gone down like an angel...grr!!

She is coughing and choking on my milk when she feeds, I googled it and said maybe I have too much supply...anyone heard of this?

Also today I'm gonna try and wake her 3 hourly for feeds and make more of N effort for her to know its day time...not sure if it will make a difference but honestly I can't have her being a wriggle pot from 11pm - 7am every night
    Hey Nicsta, if your milk is coming out too fast on let down for bub and she is choking on it, try reclining back a bit when feeding, this will help slow it down a bit without affecting supply :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks mrs Op ill try that!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyEL View Post
    Myles, 3 weeks old yesterday.... His outfit is a little big but so cute!

Attachment 33246
    How cute

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls,

Love all the beauitful baby pictures. SO super cute.
    I am doing this time around with Olivia a lot better. However with my first pregnancy, then bring home twins was terrible. I had one bub that was terrible to feed. Another that screamed after feeding. I would cry almost everyday.
    Up every two hours to feed. I always say, that you can cope with anything as long as you have sleep. When it is your first baby there is a major amount of ajusting. As much us you love your bub you miss the easy life you had before. Then you feel terrible for feeling that way. It is a big circle.
    It does get easier. You are feeling normal.
    Just don't be to hard on yourself. Don't be afraid to ask for help. No one is perfect.
    My twins are now 4 and I am wondering wear the time has gone.
    I am sure that I am still doing thing wrong and still learning, but Olivia does'nt care.
    All will be fine. xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nicsta my bub was like that lol as awake from 11pm to 530am and I got around it by waking her every 3 hours for feeds during the day and stopped waking her at night for feeds. She is 7 weeks now and is sleeping from 9pm till 430/530am which is good for me lol. She still has good naps during the day too mainly in the afternoon though which helps her stay awake so well until her big night sleep. I also think I have her in a night routine as well. I bath her in the morning and at night but there is a difference between the baths lol her night bath I rub euky bear onto her chest.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Queen, that's what I have been trying today, so we will see if there is any success tonight, she us pretty grisly right now actually...think over tired cause I took her to the supermarket and its 39 degrees here so she was quite restless the whole time we were there.

Anyway I'm feeding 3 hourly today, next one is in 1 hour, also trying to lay down more to ease the crazy supply!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Been to see my GP today, my c-section wound seems to be opening a bit at one end 😣 and last night has some puss (sorry TMI 😝) the doc took a swab but looked clean today but wants to make sure no infection so will go back on Friday for results... Fingers crossed its all ok!