Closed Thread
Page 52 of 141 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am so emotional all I want to do is cry not sure if its due to being tired or because my sister leave to go back to Sydney tomorrow
    Pls tell me it's going to get Easier

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got told about the hot water thing as well, but also was told its controversial.

Ivy sleeps well in the day... Night time ok but just not quite as well, but maybe that's just cause I'm more aware of it at night...she is so cute to watch

Had my first glass of Jansz champagne tonight, was a long time coming and well deserved drink!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh mrs Simmo I am also do close to tears at any point, it's just such an adjustment to your old life...I'm only 2 days ahead if you, but surely it gets better. Also I just keep remembering what I dragon said (think it was dragon) it's a challenge and once we are through it we can look back and think yep it was hard and I achieved it....

Don't be too hard on yourself it's really quite hard.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Does anyone have any comments on the difference between baby blues and post natal depression???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicsta83 View Post
    Oh mrs Simmo I am also do close to tears at any point, it's just such an adjustment to your old life...I'm only 2 days ahead if you, but surely it gets better. Also I just keep remembering what I dragon said (think it was dragon) it's a challenge and once we are through it we can look back and think yep it was hard and I achieved it....

Don't be too hard on yourself it's really quite hard.
    She is everything I have ever wanted and I loved her the moment I seem her the emotions I have at the moment are mixed due to lack of sleep my sisters both leave to go home and then the inlaws come so it feels like we have no time to a just sorry for the vent x
    Maddy is still asleep. Since her last feed She's due again at 9 so we will hope she sleeps through x

Thanks
    Reviews
    It seems quite a few of us are having emotional problems at the moment, I hope it doesn't last long and everyone feels better quickly

I think I have post natal depression actually I'm quite sure I do, the last thing I wanted was to bring a life into this world and cause problems for her and my husband. I really feel so guilty and ashamed.

On a happier note, we had newborn photographs taken today. They are so cute, the photographer took four hours and really went to extremes to get some lovely shots.

Ella shat and peed all over the photographer! I didn't know what to do, the poo went all over the front of her jeans and she was holding Ella. So I'm standing there with the wipes not wanting to wipe the photographers privates...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hope everyone is feeling more positive after a good sleep or a good cry. We have all been through a lot, those with 1st babies are going through possibly the biggest adjustment of their lives! One i hope you will come to realise for all its difficulties is both the most challenging and rewarding.

IVF, birth, hormones, sleep deprivation, doubt, isolation, support, control and organisation (or lack of) expectation and reality of motherhood all impact on how you might feel right now. I know from personal experience!

If you aren't feeling yourself, or to those feeling a bit down, better in a few days, please see your GP, even for a quick check up. Undiagnosed PND can be serious for you and those around you, and those that are diagnosed are one step closer to getting the help they need and being back to their normal selves faster.

xxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I feel like I'm telling you all stupid stuff lol but the first week I cried and cried and cried and worried and stressed and hardly slept. I talked to my midwife about it and she said that generally the first two weeks of bubs life is baby blues, we are still adjusting to this change in our life and our little one is adjusting to their life, hormones are out of whack, and that sometimes you can do everything "right" and it's still a struggle. She even told me that when you're at breaking point and need sleep to breast feed in bed so I can get rest I would sleep and set an alarm to put bub in bed when she was done lol. Or my partner would move her to her bed. Even now sometimes I co sleep like when she is sick or upset and clingy just because its easy so I can sleep better. It's hard being organised and fitting everything in to a day that doesn't have enough hours. My baby blues lasted a week. Don't be afraid to talk to somebody at the hospital about how you feel. Post natal depression also can be feeling scared that you will hurt your baby to the extremity of hiding the knifes in your kitchen for example. I think I was borderline post natal as I was scared that vee would die when I was asleep to the point I did not sleep for a week I think I had barely 8 hrs sleep over 5 days..... She didn't sleep at night so I was up with her and then she slept all day and I couldn't catch any sleep while my partner was awake because we had relatives over or had to go for check ups race around doing stuff.

Thanks
    Reviews
    IT DOES GET BETTER!!!!!!!!

Don't be frightened or disappointed in yourself if you have to do something that you said you wouldn't do with your baby.
    Ie. from cloth nappies to disposable or using a dummy or giving up on breast feeding.

Thanks
    Reviews
    7 weeks old