Closed Thread
Page 50 of 141 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DRAGONFLY17 View Post
    You do what ever works Nic and sl. I feed Will one boob then dh changes him while I go to the loo and have some water then I swaddled him again and top him up with the other. When he had stopped sucking I give him a burp then put him straight into his bassinet. I love having dh doing it with me no distractions just us to chat and really reflect on how lucky we are.

Was is doodle down Sl? That's what has happened to us when we gave forgotten.

Oh cabbage leaves are AMAZING. I thought they were just for some cool relief but they really break up lumps. Totally recommend having some on stand by for as soon as you feel any lumps in ya boobs.
    Really??im off to get cabbage right now, have had the biggest lump all day, it just won't shift. Apparently cabbage can reduce supply but I'm over this

Thanks
    Reviews
    Let me know how you go beta. Mrs Simmo she is so cute , they look so innocent when they are sleeping.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Just took bubs to emergency dept as his umbilical cord fell off yesterday and looked really pussy and didn't get better today. They took a swab and will get results in a couple of days but said it didn't look infected so happy mummy!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh SL I hope he is ok, sounds like he is.

Ivy is 1 week old today...seems like it went quick and slow all at the same time. Here is a pic I just took...I'm off for a sleep while she sleeps, hopefully for at least 2 hours.

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1362912883.557502.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gorgeous little love Nic!

Thanks
    Reviews
    5.45am we didn't quite make it to 3 hours sleep...feeding time again!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Question question...what happens if you get sick?? My DH is starting to get sick and I feel quite phlegmy too...will we get the baby sick? Would love to know if anyone has an answer to this! Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi all,

ive been reading all the posts and i love hearing about all your gorgeous bubs.

Mrs Simmo and Niksta - it does get better...but i hear and sympathise with your struggles.
    I also felt flat after the birth of my first one - i think loss of independance, the realisation that i could no longer just pop to the shops on my own, that i was responsible for this little being for the rest of my life - all has major impacts on our psyches....it was all a bit much - but my advise cry when you need too!, get hugs from DH when you need to, and take one day at a time....The birth of my second DD - Elizabeth - has been a bit better on the psyche - i think because i know what im in for!!! Im pretty sleep deprieved - if i could sleep in the afternoon it would be better but i have DD1 to look after so at times it can be tough.

DD1 is still struggling with not getting as much attention and it broke my heart yesterday when she had to make her own crusket with nutella on becuase i was busy feeding DD2. I was in tears...

Having a down day - sorry girls - my mother in law is in the hospice dying and my DH is with her so im all alone, ive got major renovations starting next week and i have to pack the house up for the removalists by thursday all on my own...
    its all a bit much and i think its affecting my milk supply because i cant rest. im low on milk in the evenings and it means i have a bub who feeds every hour in desperation for food. She wont take a bottle or formula - she spits it out and screws up her face!!

anywyas enjoy the day girls - its feed time -
    Dragonfly hows your first taking the arrival ??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh gampa wish I could come help you out. Try not to get to upset when dd1 has to do things just try and look at it as teaching her some independence. And things will be so different in a few months.

My ds1 has been great and loves his new baby brother so much ( really have to watch that he doesn't pick him up by himself). I have been so lucky I have dh here on leave for the first month and my mum was here as well for the first 2 weeks. Next week will be a big test to see how I go just me and the 2 boys.

Re supply peanuts and stout beer. A wives take but worth a shot. Very sad to hear about your mil and I hope her transition is a pain free one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gampa View Post
    hi all,

ive been reading all the posts and i love hearing about all your gorgeous bubs.

Mrs Simmo and Niksta - it does get better...but i hear and sympathise with your struggles.
    I also felt flat after the birth of my first one - i think loss of independance, the realisation that i could no longer just pop to the shops on my own, that i was responsible for this little being for the rest of my life - all has major impacts on our psyches....it was all a bit much - but my advise cry when you need too!, get hugs from DH when you need to, and take one day at a time....The birth of my second DD - Elizabeth - has been a bit better on the psyche - i think because i know what im in for!!! Im pretty sleep deprieved - if i could sleep in the afternoon it would be better but i have DD1 to look after so at times it can be tough.

DD1 is still struggling with not getting as much attention and it broke my heart yesterday when she had to make her own crusket with nutella on becuase i was busy feeding DD2. I was in tears...

Having a down day - sorry girls - my mother in law is in the hospice dying and my DH is with her so im all alone, ive got major renovations starting next week and i have to pack the house up for the removalists by thursday all on my own...
    its all a bit much and i think its affecting my milk supply because i cant rest. im low on milk in the evenings and it means i have a bub who feeds every hour in desperation for food. She wont take a bottle or formula - she spits it out and screws up her face!!

anywyas enjoy the day girls - its feed time -
    Dragonfly hows your first taking the arrival ??
    Sorry things are difficult Gampa XX wish I could help aswell, hang in there XX

Don't worry so much about DD1 she will be fine, no harm in her learning some new skills... She won't even remember this time so cut yourself some slack XX

With your milk supply, go see the doc & ask for motilium... It's such a vicious cycle & you don't need the added pressure of that, I'm on it & have had no issues with supply now, and no side effects for me or bub... XXXX