Closed Thread
Page 49 of 141 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1009 View Post
    I have been using lansinoh and love it. Also I would HIGHLY recommended hydrogel breast pads..they are fantastic! I had a cracked nipple on one side and they were both sore and I just ran these babies under cold water just shook off excess water and placed them inside my breast pads and they provided amazing relief! I am now back to using just lansinoh but if I feel extra sore I'll slip them in and usually put them in once a day for a little bit...yep going on about them lol!

Re the sticking restocked we have been using some cream in nappy change I put a little bit on after the sticking incident and it hasn't happened again yet thank goodness

Hanging to speak to a lactation consultant but due to long weekend I doubt I'll get through to anyone until Tuesday. Orlando loves the boobs but half the time I think he's just them as a dummy...and he won't take an actual dummy. Hubby and I are just trying different things and learning each day.

Orlando's umbilical cord fell off earlier! I just happened to be on the phone to a midwife talking about it as it had been bleeding and it just happened! Freak out! It's a bit pussy so we've covered it with gauze and if no change tomorrow we'll take him to get looked at.

My feet and ankles are swollen worse than ever now...need to spk to someone about that too -any of you have that problem?

I can't believe our little bundle of love is 8 days old'n

Oh and re the crying/ baby blues...I had orlando in Friday I was told by midwife I may get teary and emotional on the Monday but it turned out to be Tuesday night it started for me and continued. It's Saturday now and feeling not as emotional but still very slightly on edge! I was crying at everything and DH was amazing! Baby blues for sure and for me was a combo of sleeplessness, elation, worry and of course those lovely hormones!!

We had Orlando up from 9pm until 7am a couple of nights ago it was bloody hard! Last night he was up from 2-6am so we'll see what happens tonight! He hasn't slept as well during the day today so watch this space!

Sorry for the essay it's nice for me to read others' experiences so hopefully will be nice for you to read mine!!

Not much else happening except its ten past eleven with a suckling little bubba !

You know what's weird? I feel like a tingling sensation like an electric buzz all over me all if a sudden!!!

Nighty night ladies

Xxx
    My feet and ankles also are very swollen pls let me know what is said when you get it checked out
    Maddison is 5 days old today and must say first night at home last night was sooo ruff now we are back on. The formula the hospital used and she has slept fine since fingers cross

Hope you are well and the baby blues pass for you xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Will post what I know when I know re feet and ankles hopefully its just normal but seems quite excessive!!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SL1009 For This Useful Post:

mrs simmo  (10-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    And again bubs slept for a little but hiw back on boob...we have ourselves an extremely windy baby so if we put him down without burping he'll be awake in an hour to burp then he'll stay awake and want feeding again. Other option is waking him from being milk drunk to burp which takes ages and by the time it's done he needs changing and then feeding so a horrible cycle there!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maybe he has colic!! Any ladies have babies with colic? If so what symptoms do your babies have and What are you doing to help it? Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh SL great to hear your stories. He may have colic, my friends bub did but didn't start till 3 weeks old and she cried constantly for 5 hours a night from 7-12, besides that I don't know much else about it.

Thanks for the nipple advice.

Ivy woke about an hour ago due to escaping her wrap...I thought that was the case. (DH is still learning how to tightly swaddle) so I picked her up Nd cuddles her and an hour later she is still asleep next to me, but u know its feed time so ill wake her in a sec, also I don't want to co sleep so don't want her used to laying in bed with me!

Mrs Simmo glad the formula has helped, you sound much happier

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had swelling in both feet after birth for about 2 weeks, it's the excess fluid from your bump draining away. I hate swollen feet felt like an old lady. Goes away, not much you can do.
    Re feeding so regularly, it does get better, Jaan is now 9 weeks, sleeps 8 hours at night with a little feed in the middle and has since 5 weeks. The day time is a different story he likes to be held all day, doesn't like his swing chair, pram or carseat. But at least he doesn't cry so can't complain. Hang in there!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Did you get some sleep SL? Ivy was pretty horrible from 4-6 just wouldn't settle.

I am confused at what I should do up get her to sleep...Like should I rock and cuddle her or Just put her in her bassinet and let her fall asleep herself. The second option is what I want to happen, but unfortunately not the case, mainly she gets fed, burped, swaddled, cuddled then in bassinet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicsta83 View Post
    Did you get some sleep SL? Ivy was pretty horrible from 4-6 just wouldn't settle.

I am confused at what I should do up get her to sleep...Like should I rock and cuddle her or Just put her in her bassinet and let her fall asleep herself. The second option is what I want to happen, but unfortunately not the case, mainly she gets fed, burped, swaddled, cuddled then in bassinet.
    We got a couple of hours in between 6.30-7 and 9 ish. Orlando woke up this morning and obviously his nappy wasn't in properly he was SOAKING!! I'm talking his jumpsuit, his waffle wrap, bassinet sheet and mattress protector!

Decided to express after this feed so feeding bubs 20 mins on each side then I'll express for 10 on each side whilst DH takes bubs and then top him up if he's still hungry and I still have supply! We thought maybe I have less supply at night so we'll try topping up with expressed milk.

To get him to sleep we are feeding burping cuddling until he is pretty much been passed out for 5-10 mins then quickly swaddling and putting him down!

Thanks
    Reviews
    You do what ever works Nic and sl. I feed Will one boob then dh changes him while I go to the loo and have some water then I swaddled him again and top him up with the other. When he had stopped sucking I give him a burp then put him straight into his bassinet. I love having dh doing it with me no distractions just us to chat and really reflect on how lucky we are.

Was is doodle down Sl? That's what has happened to us when we gave forgotten.

Oh cabbage leaves are AMAZING. I thought they were just for some cool relief but they really break up lumps. Totally recommend having some on stand by for as soon as you feel any lumps in ya boobs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can't help my self she is just soo cute
    Nice she is sleeping although she had a goodnight last night ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1362885195.565453.jpg