Closed Thread
Page 22 of 141 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default IVF Babies due Jan/Feb/Mar 2013 #5

Quote Originally Posted by SL1009 View Post
    Big mistake...I had these two really obvious whiteheads on my face so I gave myself a facial yesterday hoping that they would heal by the end of the week and today...I have scabs I have wrecked my face! Noooo I need a clear face for newborn pics with bubba! How vain is that? Lol! Even so...any tips of clearing up scabs quickly????
    Nooooo! Nothing wrong with vanity, I got my greys covered and hair cut ready for the big day, also handy as no time for hair appointments once bub arrives! Maybe try pawpaw for your face at night?

Thanks
    Reviews

It sounds like BFing can be a bigger challenge than labour??!! I've heard the ABA is fantastic and hope you gals get the support you need to be able to continue as planned.

I'm praying that all goes well so I can BF full time and have enough milk to be able to express and store heaps too so we can use it for bubs as long as possible! I have the closer to nature range of bottles which I have bought just incase there are issues otherwise I will use them later on for expressed milk if I need to. We have a few functions coming up in May / June where I don't want to don breast feeding savvy outfits lol so we'll see how long we can hold off!!

Question...are any of you using dummies?
    I tried the dummy when we were using bottles, he liked it a few times now spits it out and won't substitute my nipples. The advice generally is not to introduce dummy until BFing is well established (6weeks at least) as bub can get nipple confusion, which believe me is not fun.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by kmvw View Post
    I had a consult today for breast feeding before I went home, wow it was so easy when she was there! Didn't hurt at all! Just fantastic when you get home and forget what you have been shown! Basically I was told not to hold the head, head needs to be back, chin on breast and nipple touching nose... Pull nipple up slightly towards nose once full mouth drop into. Theory being nipple will hit roof of mouth. First feed went crap, second feed at home not as bad. I plan to go back next week. Consultant said I'm having trouble as she is tiny and technically prem until 40 weeks because they just don't know what to do exactly and they are very sleepy.

To the girls still waiting even though it hurts like hell, I wouldn't change anything!
    I went to my hospital LC clinic twice, was excellent. Probably wouldn't be BFing without it, then I also went to the clinic organized by my local council just so I could go somewhere weekly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I use adummy with mason occasionally though I dislike them I dislike thumb sucking even more and mason found his thumb the other day so I pop his dummy in his mouth as its easier to take that from him eventually then amputate his thumbs also he loves being breastfed n I find he using my nipples as a pacifier he will feed and fall asleep on my boob to the point he is nearly let go so I will take him off and he will start sucking to pretend he is feeding n fall straight back to sleep the dummy works for that but he spits it when he has had enough. He doesn't require it to sleep though I am sure that will happen eventually

Thanks
    Reviews

Big mistake...I had these two really obvious whiteheads on my face so I gave myself a facial yesterday hoping that they would heal by the end of the week and today...I have scabs I have wrecked my face! Noooo I need a clear face for newborn pics with bubba! How vain is that? Lol! Even so...any tips of clearing up scabs quickly????
    Just a quickie... Bio oil clears them up super quick! Not vain at all, even got my eyelashes tinted lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Bio oil damn I just used the last of mine the other day as I was using it for stretch marks but have switched to cocoas butter stretch mark cream. Yes Paw paw why didn't I think of that I use that for everything...I've dabbed my face 3 times today with lemon juice and now I will paw paw as well we'll see what the progress is tomorrow!!! Thanks for your suggestions!

Also re dummy we have bought a couple just in case as I heard same babies have a bigger need for sucking that the breast can't satisfy but don't want to use them we'll play it by ear.

By this time tomorrow we will know the plan with baby yaaaay

Thanks
    Reviews
    HI Girls, I had lots of trouble BF. I ended up only pumping as I could not get Olivia to latch on. I tried her a couple of times a week with no success. Then at 6 weeks I tried again and got her to latch on fine. I now feed her about 80% and then formula 20%. My milk supply is improving all the time. I woke up this morning looking like I had breast implants. I agree with the other girls. Do want works for you. A happy mummy means a happy babie.
    I am super lucky, Olivia gets feed at about 10.00pm. Sleeps through till 6.30am and after her feed she will go back to bed to about 10.00am.
    She has no issue with boob or bottle. Happy to have both. She likes a dummy, but only when I can't settle her.
    When I was in Hospital having Olivia a friend of mine said that before every feed, rub some breast milk on your nipples. That will help with them being cracked and sore. As breast milk has so many good things in it.
    SL, Can't wait to hear your news of your bub.
    Love the babie picture. They are just beauitful.
    Kel x

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by kell72 View Post
    When I was in Hospital having Olivia a friend of mine said that before every feed, rub some breast milk on your nipples. That will help with them being cracked and sore. x
    Also a few minutes a day uncovered in the sun will help too :-)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by kell72 View Post
    HI Girls, I had lots of trouble BF. I ended up only pumping as I could not get Olivia to latch on. I tried her a couple of times a week with no success. Then at 6 weeks I tried again and got her to latch on fine. I now feed her about 80% and then formula 20%. My milk supply is improving all the time. I woke up this morning looking like I had breast implants. I agree with the other girls. Do want works for you. A happy mummy means a happy babie.
    I am super lucky, Olivia gets feed at about 10.00pm. Sleeps through till 6.30am and after her feed she will go back to bed to about 10.00am.
    She has no issue with boob or bottle. Happy to have both. She likes a dummy, but only when I can't settle her.
    When I was in Hospital having Olivia a friend of mine said that before every feed, rub some breast milk on your nipples. That will help with them being cracked and sore. As breast milk has so many good things in it.
    SL, Can't wait to hear your news of your bub.
    Love the babie picture. They are just beauitful.
    Kel x
    Sounds like we are in a similar spot with formula! What a clever baby latching on at 6 weeks, well done. Do you give the formula at night or little bits during the day?

Thanks
    Reviews

Bio oil damn I just used the last of mine the other day as I was using it for stretch marks but have switched to cocoas butter stretch mark cream. Yes Paw paw why didn't I think of that I use that for everything...I've dabbed my face 3 times today with lemon juice and now I will paw paw as well we'll see what the progress is tomorrow!!! Thanks for your suggestions!

Also re dummy we have bought a couple just in case as I heard same babies have a bigger need for sucking that the breast can't satisfy but don't want to use them we'll play it by ear.

By this time tomorrow we will know the plan with baby yaaaay
    Good luck for tomorrow hope you get a date .
    I'm the same find out tomorrow can't wait