Closed Thread
Page 21 of 141 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default IVF Babies due Jan/Feb/Mar 2013 #5

Quote Originally Posted by Beta View Post
    This is my half Indian baby, we joke there was a mix up with IVF as he is so fair... Slowly getting a bit darker now! He also has light grey blue eyes and we both have brown, I guess they might change, weird tho!

Attachment 32337
    Hehe he is so cute and really fair!!

Thanks
    Reviews

It sounds like BFing can be a bigger challenge than labour??!! I've heard the ABA is fantastic and hope you gals get the support you need to be able to continue as planned.

I'm praying that all goes well so I can BF full time and have enough milk to be able to express and store heaps too so we can use it for bubs as long as possible! I have the closer to nature range of bottles which I have bought just incase there are issues otherwise I will use them later on for expressed milk if I need to. We have a few functions coming up in May / June where I don't want to don breast feeding savvy outfits lol so we'll see how long we can hold off!!

Question...are any of you using dummies?

Thanks
    Reviews

I'm going to be a mummy at most in 4 days...yaaaaaaay cannot wait!! I have been sleeping and resting so much and feels like I have been off work forever so I think I'm rested as much as I can be now!! Only thing I haven't done is done meals for the freezer as much as I wanted to..I'll see how much I can be bothered to do that this week!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wish I new when the pain would end,I'm crying with pain and frustration last two nights also pain through the shield. What really helps tho is putting lansinoh under the shield, when the nipple is stretched out then take out the shield. I find it helps, Jaan won't open his mouth wide enough otherwise as was used to bottle teats and it seems to pinch without the ointment. Avoid bottles if you can girls if you want to BF! At least for first 6 weeks. I'm not enjoying BF at all at the mo just need the pain to stop but its ok during the day. I'm going to an ABA meet today hopefully someone can help.
    oh sweety I hear you! bF is painful especially the first few weeks, and yes I cry too with the pain. Latching is painful ESP when the bubs has had the bottle or shield.

Baby Elizabeth is 3 weeks old And my boobs are still sore and latching painful. However on a positive note it does get better with time, and my boobs are getting better ech day. So hang in there. But u know breast is not always best And there is so much pressure to breast feed but if you hate it or dont enjoy it you can consider alternatives. Due to severe nipple trauma myDD1 was formula fed, 4 years o. She's healthy and no different to any other child. DD2 is fully breast fed and the nipples are sore but not as bad As with DD1. In the end happy mummy = happy baby and happy family. Chin-up...I understand the pain!

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is my half Indian baby, we joke there was a mix up with IVF as he is so fair... Slowly getting a bit darker now! He also has light grey blue eyes and we both have brown, I guess they might change, weird tho!

Attachment 32337
    Cute as...I have a half Chinese baby with blue eyes!!! They darkened at 9 months to light brown,
    Dd 2 has grey eyes and I think t hey will darken to brown too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DRAGONFLY17 View Post
    Great to hear from you Amy. I'm the same with bf. even though this is my second it hasn't made it any easier. Boobs are so sore and I was almost in tears last night over the pain and frustration of it. Dh had been great too and it was hard for him cause there is nothing he can do. I'm using shields as well but it still hurts a bit even with them . I can remember the same pain with ds and that I just pushed through the pain and it eventually went but I can't remember how long it took. Has anyone gone through this and if so how long did it take?
    H
    i ya,
    im the same. It took 8 weeks with DD1, this time I'm almost there and DD2 is 3 weeks but it is sore and ouch every time I latch....I kind dread the feeds... But it is getting better. Hang in there...xx

and yes BF is time consuming Amy! Last night I was so frustrated...she fed at 11-12, then up at 0100 tto 230- then again at 445 and then I'm up at 630 with DD1....it's because she's sick with a cold and miserable. But I'm wrecked today....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Good to know I'm not the only one. Changed my hold yesterday to football hold which seems way less painful. Let me know how you girls go with the lactation consultant.

Big week for our remaining girls. Im so excited for you. And love reading about it all.

Thanks
    Reviews

Big mistake...I had these two really obvious whiteheads on my face so I gave myself a facial yesterday hoping that they would heal by the end of the week and today...I have scabs I have wrecked my face! Noooo I need a clear face for newborn pics with bubba! How vain is that? Lol! Even so...any tips of clearing up scabs quickly????

Thanks
    Reviews

I had a consult today for breast feeding before I went home, wow it was so easy when she was there! Didn't hurt at all! Just fantastic when you get home and forget what you have been shown! Basically I was told not to hold the head, head needs to be back, chin on breast and nipple touching nose... Pull nipple up slightly towards nose once full mouth drop into. Theory being nipple will hit roof of mouth. First feed went crap, second feed at home not as bad. I plan to go back next week. Consultant said I'm having trouble as she is tiny and technically prem until 40 weeks because they just don't know what to do exactly and they are very sleepy.

To the girls still waiting even though it hurts like hell, I wouldn't change anything!

Thanks
    Reviews

Phew, I went to ABA meet today, just a bit of advice on positioning Jaan and wa la, pain gone. Jaan didn't BF until 4 weeks old, was on formula so trying to get rid of formula and increase supply. I've gone from 80% formula to 80% BF so very happy with progress in that way. Really he has only been BF for 2 weeks and has to un learn the bottle sucking. I did use the medela calma which definitely helped him learn BFing. There is one teat by medela that is even better but it is $50 and I already bought 4 calmas. As I sit here BFing no pain just have to keep reattaching if the nipple slips to the front of his mouth again which he is used to doing after bottle nipple.
    Gampa- I agree about formula, I think if any mother feels bf is too hard there should be no guilt about it, better than disliking BFing and passing stress onto baby. I new I had a latch that was wrong just couldn't figure out what was the problem. Turns out Jaan was too much in front of me rather than tucked to the side.
    Persevere everyone! Definitely see a LC, I have my 6th appt this week, very helpful not just with latch but everything relating to feeding.