Closed Thread
Page 139 of 141 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 1401
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rainaberdine View Post
    SL - I agree with gampa. Ive heard that you shouldnt crush up losec as the active ingredient is actuallly the little round balls in the pill. What ive done is actually just cut the pill in half or a quarter..put it in a baby spoon and mix with water. The water breaks everything up then I plop it in baby's mouth like im feeding him solids. Sometimes the medication gets stuck on the spoon and I actually leave spoon and meds tilted in babys mouth and I squirt some water on the spoon and it all just slides into his mouth like a water slide haha. That seems to work the easiest for us.

Ive also heard that the liquid form is great but it loses its shelf life is quite short. So if you were to get a months supply a lot of times it loses its effects after 2 or 3 weeks.
    Interesting thanks gampa well the paediatrician did say to cut it in half and out in in a teaspoon of water we'll wait and get the script and go from there - so many options lol!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicsta83 View Post
    Yep got mastitis...what a week!
    Oh no you poor thing

Thanks
    Reviews
    My poor baby must have got traumatised from yesterday's ordeal...I can tell he's sick. Home doctor came last night and said that all things look alright but if we're worried go to hospital. He said that he would be monitored for 4 hours and then either kept in or sent home. We decided to try panadol first and see if he improved and after that he was able to sleep so we kept him at home I can still tell he's not feeling the best though so we're going to docs in the morning - DH and I are going to get our flu shots hopefully too.

We're also going to take him to chiropractor for the first time tomorrow which will hopefully help him with his colic...just found out last night that colic is actually stomach cramps / pains - for sure Orlando has it!!

At the moment I'm waiting for DH to come home with my brand new shiny car so excited first ever brand new car!!

Hope everyone's day and babies are going well x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsoptomistic View Post
    Ahh, I think I do too! Got the chills, and when I feed it feels like RAZOR WIRE! Cat see any redness but, feels just above/behind the nipple :-(

What do you do? I'm worried if I express too much I'll just increase supply :-(

Any tips appreciated! I want to try to resolve it before having to head to the doctors... :-(
    I've had razors on and off for 13 weeks, it can be a few things; 1 mastitis very possible especially if you have the flu symptoms and a temp, the sooner you get antibiotics the better,, 2 it could be breast thrush (quite often no physical signs) or 3 it could be a duct blockage usually the razors arrive before the lump. If you've had nipple pain of late it might have allowed an organism to get in leading to mastitis or thrush. 4 Vasospasm also causes razors. If you have a temp I'd definitely get antibiotics asap as it can get nasty. If you can feel a lump apply heat and massage while pumping and wear cabbage leaves to help lessen the pain and your supply. Try and put bubs chin to lump when you feed. It's horrendous but it won't last long if you get onto it.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Beta For This Useful Post:

mrsoptomistic  (12-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have no other tips yet, just been having hot showers and nursing often. I have antibiotcs but haven't seen an improvement yet, although only been on then for 8 hours! I'm exhausted, absolutely feel like a train wreck.

I can't really feel lumps as suck my boobs are just red and tender!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Nicsta83 For This Useful Post:

mrsoptomistic  (12-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not sure what to do with Ella tonight, she hasn't slept since 11am and is overtired. She falls asleep on the boob comfort sucking but when I put her down she wakes up and screams until I pick her up. She doesn't seem sick. Any ideas? She is 7 weeks old.

Thanks
    Reviews
    MrsOpt if you have Mastitis I don't think you can resolve it without antibiotics. I hope it's just a blockage and it clears. When I had it a few weeks ago it felt like a blockage before it became really painful, Ella couldn't remove it so I knew it was more than just a blockage.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wish I could help KM but we are having the same problem in our house tonight! I think Zoe has had about 2 hours sleep since 9am, thrown up 3/5 bottles and will only calm down when being held. I've just tried to put her to bed but no idea how that will go.

Thats funny how they are both being like that at the moment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maybe they are having growth spurts? They are the same age. I did measure Ella today because she was looking really long all of a sudden and was only in 0000's for a week. She has grown 5cms in a few weeks. She looks really strange in 000's as she is really petite but long so they swim on her but fit her in length.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm also having that issue...thank god my sister is here as I am not well enough to even hold her, I never knew how painful it could be....how long till antibiotics work?