Closed Thread
Page 134 of 141 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 1401
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Never a good sign when a doctor telephones the day after your GTT, I thought I must have Diabetes! So glad to say its gone but I have really high Cholesterol, not good since I had high Cholesterol when I was in my early twenties! Not sure what can be done about it since I'm 56kgs and eat healthy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok thanks for letting me know what you all do

Since we are going away and are very busy for the rest of this week ill just keep doing what we have been doing and then when we are back ill get back onto things

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ha ha KM, three cheeky monkeys we had yesterday! How did Ella sleep last night?

Did you have to see a lady with your test yesterday about a research program? She is the one who sent me a letter with my results yesterday

My cholesterol came back high too KM but I didn't get a call about it, how high is too high?

We have probably just confused you ern more hey Nic!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DRAGONFLY17 View Post
    Question about exercise. I have been going running and walking, really need to kick this baby weight and get back to my pre baby fitness. Has anyone else started and if so have you noticed any change in milk supply? Doc said that if you over do it supply can be effected but didn't really say what over doing it is. It feels great to get the heart pumping again
    Hey dragon I haven't started exercising properly yet as I had c-section and tomorrow will be 6 weeks. The physiology at the hospital said that after 6 weeks if you can do 5 star jumps an cough without a leak or pain then you're fine to go running etc. I'm not sure how it effects milk though I would be interested to know the answer to this too if anyone else knows?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kmvw View Post
    Never a good sign when a doctor telephones the day after your GTT, I thought I must have Diabetes! So glad to say its gone but I have really high Cholesterol, not good since I had high Cholesterol when I was in my early twenties! Not sure what can be done about it since I'm 56kgs and eat healthy!
    What that's so weird that you have cholesterol when you're so teeny and eat healthy! My DH has really bad cholesterol so were trying to eat better so it goes down! Good news about the diabetes though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Talk about traumatic morning!! We went to the hospital for Orlando's kidney tests...the docs couldn't get the drip needle in...they tried twice in two spots and I had to leave the room and cry I couldn't handle it he was absolutely hysterical DH was great to be able to stay there with him! They had to go get an anaesthetist to come and do it and whilst he was screaming still she did it quite quickly and first time! He settled a little bit and then he had to go on the bed so the machine could do its job! They wrapped him up tightly and he went to sleep thank God. He squirmed a bit when they were putting the dye but he slept for 45 minutes out of the 50 it took to do the scan and then woke up screaming and then more screaming when the needle was taken out my poor baby it was awful. Can't get in to see my doc so going to call MCHN but probably going to give Orlando panadol for the first time today...anyone else used this yet and at what age? He will be 6 weeks tomorrow...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pretty sure exercise can effect your milk supply because of the moisture loss due to sweating... Just drink extra water before & after & you should be fine from what I've been told 😀

Thanks
    Reviews
    Crafty my readings were 6 & 4, not sure what they should be.

I finally had Ella asleep at 10.30pm for her to wake up again crying just when I fell asleep! Funny how being overtired makes them wake up and be so unsettled. Finally she fell asleep at 11.30pm and woke up at 3.45 for a feed. Not too bad once she actually was asleep properly

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by rainaberdine View Post
    Mrs simmo it would be worthwhile to ask your gp or find another one and question them about their knowledge of silent reflux. Just because your baby doesnt spew constantly dowsnt mean its not reflux. Jamie has silent reflux where the acid comes up but then goes back down his throat and I had to go to 3 gps before the third actually knew about it. Jamie used to fight his feeds really badly too...he'd guts the first 60 mls then scream/fight/arch back and not want the rest. That to me was a big sign that he did have silent reflux. There are meds that can help manage it better so id recommend finding a gp that actually knows about it and get them to say yay or nay. Unfortunately its not very well known and I got fobbed off by a couple of docs.
    I have another doc appointment on Monday as she is due for her needles and its my husbands doctor so hopefully the last few feeds she has been much better eating slowly and the windcol drops seem to assist that's why I think it's a possible wind issue the acid is a possible thing she does tend to spew in her mouth and swollen it so the question will be asked again

Thanks
    Reviews
    MrsSimmo I can tell its acid coming up for Orlando as you can see the look on his face that what's coming up in his mouth is acidic and he doesn't necessarily spew just comes up in his mouth and he swallows again