Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am a Melbourne girl!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Crafty45 View Post
    Dragonfly, was it you that said you put will into the shower with you? If sobatbwhat age did you start doing that?
    We put Jaan in the shower from 2 weeks (his dad showered with him) from about 6 weeks he sat in a little bath chair on the floor of the shower and still sits in it at 3 1/2 months. I usually put him in the shower with me if he is awake and I need to get ready, he seems to like it and I have time to wash my hair etc

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Beta View Post
    We put Jaan in the shower from 2 weeks (his dad showered with him) from about 6 weeks he sat in a little bath chair on the floor of the shower and still sits in it at 3 1/2 months. I usually put him in the shower with me if he is awake and I need to get ready, he seems to like it and I have time to wash my hair etc
    Hey Beta - I must be channelling you! We do the same, with me or DH and on the bath insert on the floor of the shower. My DD2 loves it, ESP when DD1 comes in and gets to wash DD2's hair!! xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dragonfly, was it you that said you put will into the shower with you? If sobatbwhat age did you start doing that?
    Yay for the diabetes test

Yes both my boys love the shower. I put him in pretty much as soon as we got home from the hospital. If you have someone else with you, you can get if and wash yourself while they undress bub and bring them too you ( if your alone you can lay them on a towel just if front of the shower till your ready) he loves the water running over him so I have him over my shoulder for a bit and do a few ready set go's them put him back so his face gets wet ( wouldn't do this with a real new bub though, but have been since about 6 wks and I think it's good to get him use to water over his face especially for when we start swimming lessons at around 6 mths). I then lay him across my arm to was him.

If someone else is helping I then pass him out to them to dry and get dressed for bed, if alone I have his towel over the shower, turn water off and wrap him up and lay him on the floor while I get dry and dressed then dress him.

I put ds1 in a bumbo for shower to while I washed me but that was when he was a bit older maybe round 3 mths.

Hope this is helpful and not to much suck egg info. As I said both my ds love the shower and it is nice and quick and like all baby related topics is so individual for both baby and parents.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Same for us jamie loves the shower or bath...he'd actually try to throw his head back to catch the water spray he loves it that much. Hes always been a water baby though so that might be why. We've done the shower thing with him since 6 or 7 weeks I think.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mrs simmo View Post
    Doctor doesn't think it's reflux as she only spews every now And then it's not every feed he doesn't want to put her on medication as she is only 5 1-2 wks old he has said continue to feed up right warm baths wind her all the time for as long as needed and panadol keep that up and if she gets worse from now till Monday as that's her 6 wk needles we will review it shes asleep now an has been for 3hrs so lets hope
    Mrs simmo it would be worthwhile to ask your gp or find another one and question them about their knowledge of silent reflux. Just because your baby doesnt spew constantly dowsnt mean its not reflux. Jamie has silent reflux where the acid comes up but then goes back down his throat and I had to go to 3 gps before the third actually knew about it. Jamie used to fight his feeds really badly too...he'd guts the first 60 mls then scream/fight/arch back and not want the rest. That to me was a big sign that he did have silent reflux. There are meds that can help manage it better so id recommend finding a gp that actually knows about it and get them to say yay or nay. Unfortunately its not very well known and I got fobbed off by a couple of docs.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to rainaberdine For This Useful Post:

mrs simmo  (11-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Perfect! Zoe is 7 weeks now so I might give it a shot now I know it's not too early.

Thanks ladies!

How did you go today KM?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Razzy Bear For This Useful Post:

mrs simmo  (11-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    With reflux, when you says bubs arches their back etc do they then always not want to continue to drink?

I find Zoe does that once I try to burp her but as soon as I give her the bottle back she is happy like she just wanted more food?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicsta83 View Post
    Oh mrs S why does it gave to be so tough , hope doc has some ideas.

I'm out of theatre and they found left over tissue, only a small amount but he said that was the problem, lets hope so.

I am going home now yay!!! Need to get home so poor ivy cab sleep on peace and in her own little bed.

SL glad u had a better night,

Crafty day time is no good for ivy she fights sleep and gets over tired easy
    Glad to hear all went well nic x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yay diabetes test came back negative!
    Great news crafty!