Closed Thread
Page 124 of 141 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 1401
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Nic she sounds normal to me. She isn't awake for long in the morning, could you try some more play time then?

Also have you tried bath and bed at the 6 - 6.30 time? I give William a bath or shower between 6-6.30 and the feed him in the bedroom nice and quite the out him to bed ( sometimes with a dummy). Sometimes he stirs or even wakes a bit but I leave him for 10 min or so to see if he resettles ( most times he does) some times he needs a bit more time to burp. I don't feed again till around midnight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicsta83 View Post
    Dam... Ivy is having her witching hour again, I'm feeling sick and it's driving me nuts...

I feel like maybe we are doing something wrong...she is 5 weeks...this was our last 24 hours ( we bath every night before the 8/9pm feed

8pm - feed
    1030 - finally settles after fighting sleep and looking in pain
    130 - wakes for feed goes back to sleep by 2pm
    430 - wakes for feed, back asleep by 445
    630- wakes for feed, back in bed by 7.
    8- wakes up....bring her into bed to try and get a little more sleep, she kinda sleeps
    9 - feed
    930-10 play
    10-11 sleep
    1115-1145 feed
    12-2 sleep ( in pram we went on walk)
    215-3 feed
    3-530 sleep
    530-6 feed
    6-730awake
    730-830 sleep
    830 - awake and bath
    9 -940 feed
    And she is now still awake....do what are your thoughts...

Does she sound normal? Am I meant to be feeding her at the same time every day to get her in a routine or should I just keep persisting? She is so unsettled at night...just hope she grows outbid it at some point.
    I'm stuffed and need a couple of hours....DH has her, hope he get her to sleep, I feel like crap.
    Hope u feel better soon nicsta. Looks normal to me she's getting in some good sleeps! I am worried a little too about routines as we haven't got one at all! I'm going to start being really conscious from today what times he is eating / sleeping / awake to see if there is a pattern. I was speaking to a girlfriend yesterday who's son is 3 days older then Orlando and she was saying that her boy 'usually is up between 1 and 2' and I was thinking to myself oh my goodness we don't have one at all!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DRAGONFLY17 View Post
    Can't hurt to speak with someone sl. What's the longest time he has cried for and what happened at the end of it?
    Yesterday he cried for about 10-15 mins in the pram then I changed him and he had a big feed then went down then didn't settle so rocked to sleep and put him down then he slept for about 2.5 hours

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are now trying wind drops we started last night and Maddison slept Fo 5 hrs so hope it's not reflux and just a wind problem she's just had some more and a feed now sleeping so here's. hoping
    Doctors appointment when we get home to make sure

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicsta83 View Post
    Dam... Ivy is having her witching hour again, I'm feeling sick and it's driving me nuts...

I feel like maybe we are doing something wrong...she is 5 weeks...this was our last 24 hours ( we bath every night before the 8/9pm feed

8pm - feed
    1030 - finally settles after fighting sleep and looking in pain
    130 - wakes for feed goes back to sleep by 2pm
    430 - wakes for feed, back asleep by 445
    630- wakes for feed, back in bed by 7.
    8- wakes up....bring her into bed to try and get a little more sleep, she kinda sleeps
    9 - feed
    930-10 play
    10-11 sleep
    1115-1145 feed
    12-2 sleep ( in pram we went on walk)
    215-3 feed
    3-530 sleep
    530-6 feed
    6-730awake
    730-830 sleep
    830 - awake and bath
    9 -940 feed
    And she is now still awake....do what are your thoughts...

Does she sound normal? Am I meant to be feeding her at the same time every day to get her in a routine or should I just keep persisting? She is so unsettled at night...just hope she grows outbid it at some point.
    I'm stuffed and need a couple of hours....DH has her, hope he get her to sleep, I feel like crap.
    hi there,
    sadly this is normal!! you are doing great. my only suggestion is bathing at 6-730 awake time in your schedule. then cuddles and into bed at 7 at latest. in long term you dont want your toddler bathing at 8 pm, and the habits you establish now will carry onto to the future. other than that its normal! but will get better when she hits 8 weeks and then even better at 3 months...

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi there all,

soumds likes some of us are having a rough time with sleep - or lack there of! chin up it does get easier i promise..

SL1009: bad reflux babies are notoriously difficult to get into a routine - they tend to be frequent feeders and sleep little. its really tough. can i suggest infant gaviscon into his milk once a day - can settle their stomachs by reducing acid. i used it on DD1 and it helped her take a bigger feed and sleep longer as a result/. its worth trying these things for your sanity!!
    i agree with your hubby- he should be sleeping more and for longer strectches. can you contact Tresillian/Karitane for a day stay at their residential units. they will help you settle and feed and get you into a routine as much as orlando will allow. you need a referral from your GP. There is a wait list. we went with DD1 and it did help to at least give us regular 2 hourly sleep intervals. Eventually we ended up in a residential 5 night stay "bad baby centre"!!!! as DD1 was so tough and had such bad reflux but the day stays really did help alot. May be worth considering as you sound like you are having a nightmare of a time! poor you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Re routines...thought id write our basics routine down - may help?

630am, 930, 1230 1530 630pm feed times (this can vary by half a hour each side during the day)

in between i give nappy free time, play time, cuddles etc. usually up for 1-2 hours in total after each feed but Elizabeth is 9 weeks now and if they are younger they may only be up for 45 min total.

In those sleep times i get DD1 ready for preschhool make dinner, do washing, read BUBHUB!, walk DD1 to preschool , pick up DD1, give DD1 dinner, bath both grisl etc etc etc...a bit like dragonflys routine. my hubby works such long hours i am essentially a single parent and he doesnt get home til 7pm ish so i am alone most days coping by myself with 2 kids since Elizabeth was 2 weeks old. its tough but you just have to do it i suppose. i feel like a milk jug at times!

at night i bath before the 630pm feed, then wrap tightly and put her in the bassinet. i wake her at 930pm for a dream feed with lights out and then depending on how the days been she can sleep from 930pm - 530 am!! or like last night 930-1am :feed, and then sleep til 530am - however at 530 am i ignore her - sounds cruel but i dont want an early riser. i only feed her at 630 am. she knows now and doesnt cry justs lies peacefully awake til 630am. but if i am late for the 630am feed she lets me know!!

hope that helps. in general 3 hourly feeds til 9pm and i follow awake - eat - play sleep routine.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gampa For This Useful Post:

adden  (09-04-2013),SL1009  (09-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gampa - ella has been doing similar the last few days.
    Im feeding 3 hourly during the day, but her day sleeps are all out of whack!!!
    She either won't take them or just cat nap. although right now she is out!

last night she slept from 9.30pm till 3.30am then slept through till 7am.
    I normally try and feed at 6.30 cause now DS is having breakfast and I haven't had a shower and I have a full day and definitely need a shower - its hard with him awake to get in!!!!! he is 2 and likes to scream! I forgot to set an alarm this morning (although the extra sleep was great!)

all those who aren't sleeping now, just a heads up. When you do get a decent stretch you may feel like there is something wrong cause you don't feel better. It takes a few weeks to catch up.. i still feel tired during the day and need a nap. I remember with DS it took a few weeks to catch up!

now to another busy day. Poor Ella was in the car seat all day yesterday. I was out running DS to day care and then shopping and then home opens looking at an office for DH. She did so well though.. just feel bad she barely got to lay flat!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Vent! Zantac seems to be working a little bit bubs doesn't seem in pain from reflux however he is throwing up more, still thrashes around and comes on and off my boob and doesn't sleep any longer. He's been on it for 2 weeks and he's had it at least once a day - most of the time it's been twice a day and then a few three times a day as its supposed to be taken. Do you think the problem could be something else? He's still straining a lot too but I don't think he has a sore tummy from it. I think he's doing ok the no sleep part stresses me and DH out as he still won't sleep consistently for 2 hours let alone 3-4 which I think most babies his age would be sleeping?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gampa View Post
    hi there all,

soumds likes some of us are having a rough time with sleep - or lack there of! chin up it does get easier i promise..

SL1009: bad reflux babies are notoriously difficult to get into a routine - they tend to be frequent feeders and sleep little. its really tough. can i suggest infant gaviscon into his milk once a day - can settle their stomachs by reducing acid. i used it on DD1 and it helped her take a bigger feed and sleep longer as a result/. its worth trying these things for your sanity!!
    i agree with your hubby- he should be sleeping more and for longer strectches. can you contact Tresillian/Karitane for a day stay at their residential units. they will help you settle and feed and get you into a routine as much as orlando will allow. you need a referral from your GP. There is a wait list. we went with DD1 and it did help to at least give us regular 2 hourly sleep intervals. Eventually we ended up in a residential 5 night stay "bad baby centre"!!!! as DD1 was so tough and had such bad reflux but the day stays really did help alot. May be worth considering as you sound like you are having a nightmare of a time! poor you
    Thanks gampa I'll ask the doc about gaviscon also going to ask about losec and a natural pro biotic one of my friends is giving her bub! Would I just syringe it into his mouth before a feed as I am BFing?

Someone else mentioned tresillian too I will look them up now...