Closed Thread
Page 12 of 141 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default IVF Babies due Jan/Feb/Mar 2013 #5

Oh SL that's bummer but you DH is right, try your best just to make sure everything is ready to go. Also March is a cool month hang in there xx

Thanks
    Reviews

Crafty congrats on your pink bundle!! Love love Zoe! That was our pic but didn't go with our surname.

Sl, at least now you have an end date, so frustrating running over, you have created a too nice a home

Mrs s, glad you got some comfort from your ultrasound, I'm sue your mum is with you every step on this journey xx

Kell omg that is horrible thinking of you and your friend

Thanks
    Reviews

Nothing like leaving things to the last minute, I need input

I like Lillie but our last name is Lowry so it's a little bit of a mouthful.

Lillie Grace Lowry, Ella Grace Lowry or Elouise Grace Lowry

I also like Charlotte Grace Lowry but we have a Charlotte already, makes names a little hard when you have over 40 first cousins and now they all have children
    Last edited by kmvw; 20-02-2013 at 19:48.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by kmvw View Post
    Nothing like leaving things to the last minute, I need input

I like Lillie but our last name is Lowry so it's a little bit of a mouthful.

Lillie Grace Lowry, Ella Grace Lowry or Elouise Grace Lowry

I also like Charlotte Grace Lowry but we have a Charlotte already, makes names a little hard when you have over 40 first cousins and now they all have children
    I would go with Charlotte who cares if there's another one in the family...my husband is Italian and he has about 6 cousins with the same name...it's all about you and your hubby and your baby - your immediate family. If your not comfortable with that then I like lillie - the double Ls don't bother me - in fact my surname begins with L and if we weren't going with naming the baby after one of my in laws then I would be going either Lily or Lucia for a girl and Luca for a boy as top picks

Good luck with your decision

Thanks
    Reviews

Km - love Elouise!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Gampa View Post
    HI all,

Had dreadful time finding this thread again - for some reason my computer wouldnt take me to it after they posted another thread.

Congrats Amy - well done super cool. Love the name
    Adden - hang in there sounds like things are on the up - so excited for you that things are improving xx
    Meschell - glad you are enjoying little mason so much - its amazing how you can love something so much after so little time....
    SL, Nikesta, Crafty, - cant wait for your announcements

Nala - how you doing now? any better these days?

Sorry if ive missed anyone - ive been a bit preoccupied in trying to prevent my DD1 from hating us all.. Its tough with 2! - cant rest or sleep in the day as you have another so although i have a model baby i dont get any break. i was quite proud of myself that i had dinner on the table for hubby, had fed both kids, bathed both of them and had relative calm by 630pm today - although the house looked like a bomb had hit it!

Trying to stay awake til 11pm for the dream feed...

ps someone asked about Eat play sleep routine - yes im following it. its great and i reccomend it. Gets the baby used to sleeping without the need for food. I look for tired signs and then tightly wrap and then put down to sleep. Works for me but i guess we all find whats best and what works for each of us.
    Hi Gampa!

Just wanted to drop in and say I feel your pain! I get the 'I don't love you!' spiel from my dd (5) 😥 it is easier for me in the sense that she is in transition now so not home most of the day so I don't have to constantly tell her to 'wait, not now' etc. I try to get everything done before I pick her up from school so I can spend at least half an hour to an hour doing something she wants to do (reading, drawing, playing, computer) while my DH takes the baby. She finally told me today that she loves her sister (it's been nearly 4 weeks!) we still have the odd tantrum but she is much better now. She knows if the baby is crying she has to wait, otherwise i will do what i can when she asks. I have snuck into her room at night just before bed to lay with her and talk, and tell her I love her. It helped that everyone that bought us a gift for the baby got something for dd too! Very generous. I think transition has been a good distraction for her. I hope it gets better for you soon. Maybe try something that is just for you and her to do together as special time? sorry for the ramble - have had no sleep! 😏

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mrsoptomistic For This Useful Post:

Gampa  (21-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by mrsoptomistic View Post
    Hi Gampa!

Just wanted to drop in and say I feel your pain! I get the 'I don't love you!' spiel from my dd (5) 😥 it is easier for me in the sense that she is in transition now so not home most of the day so I don't have to constantly tell her to 'wait, not now' etc. I try to get everything done before I pick her up from school so I can spend at least half an hour to an hour doing something she wants to do (reading, drawing, playing, computer) while my DH takes the baby. She finally told me today that she loves her sister (it's been nearly 4 weeks!) we still have the odd tantrum but she is much better now. She knows if the baby is crying she has to wait, otherwise i will do what i can when she asks. I have snuck into her room at night just before bed to lay with her and talk, and tell her I love her. It helped that everyone that bought us a gift for the baby got something for dd too! Very generous. I think transition has been a good distraction for her. I hope it gets better for you soon. Maybe try something that is just for you and her to do together as special time? sorry for the ramble - have had no sleep! 😏
    That's nice that dd has come around x

Thanks
    Reviews

So I'm on the countdown now...9 more sleeps until we meet our little miracle...unless I go into labour naturally. At least we know 9 more sleeps is the absolute max and I am preparing now to have c-section. I have a feeling that the baby is too big to come out or even get engaged naturally.

I just want to meet this baby now but as long as he or she is fine then I'm fine...still going for monitoring twice a week...next session on Friday so it's nice to know bubs is being monitored so we know unless something drastic happens then all will be fine.

I am certainly getting anxious now it's so close to the end it's been such a journey

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by SL1009 View Post
    So I'm on the countdown now...9 more sleeps until we meet our little miracle...unless I go into labour naturally. At least we know 9 more sleeps is the absolute max and I am preparing now to have c-section. I have a feeling that the baby is too big to come out or even get engaged naturally.

I just want to meet this baby now but as long as he or she is fine then I'm fine...still going for monitoring twice a week...next session on Friday so it's nice to know bubs is being monitored so we know unless something drastic happens then all will be fine.

I am certainly getting anxious now it's so close to the end it's been such a journey
    Woo hoo not long now
    Hope I get a date soon and hope we both have a smooth sailing birth xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi there everyone,

Have been reading thru the posts
    SL1009, Mrs Simmo, Nikesta, so exciting your nearly mummies.....best of luck
    Thanks Mrs Optimistic re advise re DD1. She is slowly coming round but yesterday said to me "i suppose im not having a party as you now have coco" - it broke my heart so we decided to have a 4th birthday party for rose and make it all about her. i do try one on one time, and last night she sat in my bed for an hour watching tele having a cuddle but shes still really difficult. She does however love her baby sister a lot and is so proud of her she is always showing her off.

AFM - i have had a dream baby so yesterday couldnt understand why baby coco (Eliazbeth) was so unsettled. She felt hot and vomited a bit and had a runny nose. Last night she fed every hour! (im exhausted), she doesnt normally do this, and this morning has green boogies in her nose - my newborn is sick - my husband is a dr so he said we have to take her to the paediatrician this am so im waiting for the paediatrician to open and ill give him a call.

KM: i love Ella Grace or Charolete. Lily is soooo popular now every second kid is called lily so my preference would be Ella or Charlette. Good luck with your decision.