Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Cute babies!!!
    Here is Ella sleeping!ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1365224566.101475.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Adorable!! Love it when they peacefully sleep

Is it normal for babies to fight sleep? Ivy always wants to fight it..but I know she is tired....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsoptomistic View Post
    We pretty much never 'didn't' have a routine if that makes sense? She has just had to fit in - and funnily enough she doesn't cry much at all. Before anyone asks - no there is nothing wrong with her! I do subscribe to the AP model - keep her close, bf on demand, attend to her as/before she starts to cry so she knows her needs will be met and doesn't get too worked up. Etc. I also haven't wrapped since week 2 (it's too hot here) and so when she shows tired signs (jerky, grizzly) I basically hold her against me - stopping her arms and legs from moving (gently of course) until she relaxes.

We get up in the AM, have a feed, drive DD1 to school (50 min round trip or so) come home, nappy free and tummy time, sleep, play, feed, sleep, pick up DD1, play, when whitching hour hits we sit in the shower for half an hour, dry off, comfort feed and into the bassinet drowsy.

While the sleeps and playing goes on I prepare dinner, wash, study, check work emails etc and if she is extra grizzly I put her in the baby bjorn.

I have to stress that 2nd time has been so much easier - first time I just couldn't relax AT ALL - when DD1 was asleep, I was stressing waiting for her to wake, because I felt it'd be 'soon'. I wouldn't let ANYONE hold her other than DH.

Everything was a mission and I suffered badly. I don't know what the answer is, other than to reassure you (if your struggling with #1) it gets much easier as they grow and it really does happen all to fast. I hate to see anyone struggling with sleep, feeding etc their first child maybe because I relate it to my own experience - which was horrible! I am glad we have bubhub, it would have really helped me first time around! Happy mothering 💖
    I'm following AP model too, maybe Jaan is an easy baby but things seem fine, I have no idea what his routine is though, I'm hopeless with routines for the most part.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't have a routine with DD1, because there was nothing I 'had' to do, which I think made it harder! 😊 for me anyway

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by adden View Post
    Cute babies!!!
    Here is Ella sleeping!Attachment 34564
    I live how much hair Ella has!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Orlando went down for 2 hours between 5 and 7 so I managed to get in an hours sleep and a bit of dinner. Just feeding again now hopefully he goes down easily been such a hard day I totally think he fights sleep even though he's exhausted

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know someone already asked a week or so ago but for the ladies who had a C-Section when did you stop bleeding?

I'm just past six weeks and thought my AF had returned last week. I'm not so sure now, it only lasted a few hours over two days. The reason I thought it was my AF is because I had stopped completely the week before but then it turned red and now it's gone back to Lochia. Is it normal to keep going past six weeks?

SL Ella fights sleep when she is really tired, I have to rock her to sleep when she is like this. I use the cradle hold and lock her legs and arms down.
    Last edited by kmvw; 06-04-2013 at 20:01.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha my bald chubby bubby!
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kmvw View Post
    I know someone already asked a week or so ago but for the ladies who had a C-Section when did you stop bleeding?

I'm just past six weeks and thought my AF had returned last week. I'm not so sure now, it only lasted a few hours over two days. The reason I thought it was my AF is because I had stopped completely the week before but then it turned red and now it's gone back to Lochia. Is it normal to keep going past six weeks?

SL Ella fights sleep when she is really tired, I have to rock her to sleep when she is like this. I use the cradle hold and lock her legs and arms down.
    I had c-section 5 weeks ago I was bleeding heavy one day light the next then stopped for 2 days then it came back heavy then light and now I haven't bled for about a week I would say

I still wrap Orlando and have found that rocking and bouncing helps him heaps trying to be really concious of how log he is awake for in the evening / night

He's been asleep for about 20 mins now and I just got into bed so hopefully I get some shut eye

Night ladies hope you all have a peaceful one

X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kmvw View Post
    Haha my bald chubby bubby!
    Hehe so use he reminds me of a little bald eagle bless him xx