Closed Thread
Page 117 of 141 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 1401
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicsta83 View Post
    I woke at 430 and checked ivy....touched her and dam well woke her!!! Just feeding now.

SL that's ages without sleep, does he become overtired or is he quite happy?

I have a question about feeding on demand...do you wait for the baby to cry before feeding? Or if they wake around a feed do you assume that means they are ready?

Also
    For the most part he is quite happy just a cycle eating cuddles nappy change attempt to be out down and then back to eating again. You can tell hes bloody exhausted though!

With regard to waiting for them to cry well he usually wakes up crying and again for the most part he is hungry...I know for sure as he will have his mouth wide open searching for the nipple!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My eyes are stinging I'm so tired!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You poor thing, can your DH give him an ebm bottle so you can have a solid few hours??

Yes ivy also opens her mouth, she woke again at 630 to be fed... And she is all awake, in trying to resettle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Feeling for you SL! Hope you get some sleep soon.

I dont want to 'brag', i know things can change - and quickly but We are in a really good routine (have been for a while). DD2 who is 10 weeks now, goes down at about 8 by herself in the bassinet, (I'm not in bed at that time) then at about midnight I dream feed her as soon as she stirs (not crying) in bed with me and that's where she happily stays sleeping till around 5 when she wiggles a fluff or 2 out, then sleeps till I get her up (for the school run) so glad I have a better sleeper this time. I do think the co sleeping helps - but know its not for everyone. First time around was so hard, but you will get through it. xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicsta83 View Post
    You poor thing, can your DH give him an ebm bottle so you can have a solid few hours??

Yes ivy also opens her mouth, she woke again at 630 to be fed... And she is all awake, in trying to resettle.
    He could only problem is that I have no ebm in storage and he feeds so much and sleeps so less that if I express in between he my boobs are constantly being pulled at and they need a break as it is. Once his feeds regularly start to be at least 3-4 hourly then I can start trying again or when it's an opportune time when I'm not sore. I expressed last week and as soon as I finished he woke up and wanted food and it friggin hurt as my nipples were so big and swollen from expressing!! Actually had a dream I was expressing last night...weird!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsoptomistic View Post
    Feeling for you SL! Hope you get some sleep soon.

I dont want to 'brag', i know things can change - and quickly but We are in a really good routine (have been for a while). DD2 who is 10 weeks now, goes down at about 8 by herself in the bassinet, (I'm not in bed at that time) then at about midnight I dream feed her as soon as she stirs (not crying) in bed with me and that's where she happily stays sleeping till around 5 when she wiggles a fluff or 2 out, then sleeps till I get her up (for the school run) so glad I have a better sleeper this time. I do think the co sleeping helps - but know its not for everyone. First time around was so hard, but you will get through it. xxx
    That's great news I hope it continues for you. How long did it take you all to get into a routine? We don't have one established at all yet...

Thanks
    Reviews
    We pretty much never 'didn't' have a routine if that makes sense? She has just had to fit in - and funnily enough she doesn't cry much at all. Before anyone asks - no there is nothing wrong with her! I do subscribe to the AP model - keep her close, bf on demand, attend to her as/before she starts to cry so she knows her needs will be met and doesn't get too worked up. Etc. I also haven't wrapped since week 2 (it's too hot here) and so when she shows tired signs (jerky, grizzly) I basically hold her against me - stopping her arms and legs from moving (gently of course) until she relaxes.

We get up in the AM, have a feed, drive DD1 to school (50 min round trip or so) come home, nappy free and tummy time, sleep, play, feed, sleep, pick up DD1, play, when whitching hour hits we sit in the shower for half an hour, dry off, comfort feed and into the bassinet drowsy.

While the sleeps and playing goes on I prepare dinner, wash, study, check work emails etc and if she is extra grizzly I put her in the baby bjorn.

I have to stress that 2nd time has been so much easier - first time I just couldn't relax AT ALL - when DD1 was asleep, I was stressing waiting for her to wake, because I felt it'd be 'soon'. I wouldn't let ANYONE hold her other than DH.

Everything was a mission and I suffered badly. I don't know what the answer is, other than to reassure you (if your struggling with #1) it gets much easier as they grow and it really does happen all to fast. I hate to see anyone struggling with sleep, feeding etc their first child maybe because I relate it to my own experience - which was horrible! I am glad we have bubhub, it would have really helped me first time around! Happy mothering 💖

Thanks
    Reviews
    Since I had my stress out I am very hard to just except that everything is a phase and it will get better . Even cuddling her to sleep, I try not to stress about it, I decided at 6 weeks or before if we have a good day ill start to try and put her down awake and see if she settles and then comfort her etc, then put her down again etc.

She isn't the best day sleeper, always fights it!!!

She sleeps the best between 12am-8am, I want her to now sleep after her bath at 8-9 ish, she does sleep but it's always restless!

So hard being a parent it really is! But even though its hard its not as daunting anymore

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks
    Reviews
    He looks so happy Amy!!
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1365223520.484568.jpg

Here is one of Ivy