Closed Thread
Page 109 of 141 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1401
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Put him down at 1.15am and he's up at 2am!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Then did he sleep SL? How is the medication going?

Ivy had the formula but she took a while for DH to settle her, think she fed at 12, fell asleep at 1ish. She woke at 430, I fed at 445 after a nappy change. She fed for half hour so that's better than normal, we will see if that gets us through till 730ish...hmm

I am also tempted to see if giving her expressed breast milk at 11/12ish will work as well as the formula, might trial it in a couple of days.

Anyway better try and get some sleep, hopefully ivy isn't too noisy, I seriously think soon ill have to move her as her noises drive me bonkers

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicsta83 View Post
    Then did he sleep SL? How is the medication going?

Ivy had the formula but she took a while for DH to settle her, think she fed at 12, fell asleep at 1ish. She woke at 430, I fed at 445 after a nappy change. She fed for half hour so that's better than normal, we will see if that gets us through till 730ish...hmm

I am also tempted to see if giving her expressed breast milk at 11/12ish will work as well as the formula, might trial it in a couple of days.

Anyway better try and get some sleep, hopefully ivy isn't too noisy, I seriously think soon ill have to move her as her noises drive me bonkers
    He was up all night!! He slept from arou d 3.30-5.30 then again from 6.30-7.30 but that's it! I keep forgetting to give the medication before feeds so he only had it once yesterday! I just gave it to him now and I'll give it to him even if I've started feeding a bit later. Hard to say how it's going...I think it's helped a little bit! I guess when he is unsettled now he doesn't seem to be in pain...

I am so freaking tired!! I will seriously have to scoff brekky and run back to bed next time I put him down as he keeps waking up and I need at least half an hour.! It was a tough night

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wow that's not much sleep, hopefully when he gets the full dose he will start to improve?

Ivy slept till 745...win! Although she was again thrashing around like a fish that had just been caught in her sleep!

Also Ivy hates the pram, DH and I want to go for walks and the bugger cries and cracks it until she is picked up out of the pram...she better start liking it at some point.

Ivy and I have our first plane flight in 1.5 weeks... Going to Melbourne to visit family....I wonder if she will be ok? Or will her ears hurt...could be interesting! DH and my step son are driving so it's just the 2 of us....anyone else been on a plane yet??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow that's not much sleep, hopefully when he gets the full dose he will start to improve?

Ivy slept till 745...win! Although she was again thrashing around like a fish that had just been caught in her sleep!

hi there

Also Ivy hates the pram, DH and I want to go for walks and the bugger cries and cracks it until she is picked up out of the pram...she better start liking it at some point.

Ivy and I have our first plane flight in 1.5 weeks... Going to Melbourne to visit family....I wonder if she will be ok? Or will her ears hurt...could be interesting! DH and my step son are driving so it's just the 2 of us....anyone else been on a plane yet??
    hi there,

yip i travel regularly to nz with my kids. i started with them early so theyare used to it. on take off and landing i give DD2 the boob!! and DD1 (age 4) a lolly pop- the sucking clears the ears. its bad for DD1 teeth but hey better that than screaming and annoying people! if they scream give them a bottle, boob or dummy...! you will be ok - its kinda fun

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1009 View Post
    He was up all night!! He slept from arou d 3.30-5.30 then again from 6.30-7.30 but that's it! I keep forgetting to give the medication before feeds so he only had it once yesterday! I just gave it to him now and I'll give it to him even if I've started feeding a bit later. Hard to say how it's going...I think it's helped a little bit! I guess when he is unsettled now he doesn't seem to be in pain...

I am so freaking tired!! I will seriously have to scoff brekky and run back to bed next time I put him down as he keeps waking up and I need at least half an hour.! It was a tough night
    hi SL1009, you are doing it tough...i dont know how you are coping....does seem you have a reflux baby -poor you....i know how hard they are.
    seems from your posts that Orlando is sleeping one sleep cycle (45min-1hr) at a time and doesnt know how to settle himself back down. would you agree??? this is typical of reflux babies who wake with pain and are generally unsettled...

you cant go on like this - poor you - you must be exhausted - i would be in continuous floods of tears! have you considered just losec if you keep forgetting the zantac -its only once/day and babies dont get tolerant to it- its more expensive but more effective and easier for you as you only need to give ut once per day...

also can i suggest you contact tressillian sleep school - hope you dont think im being bossy!- just really worried - you are constantly awake! i dont know how you are doing it...all my support...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Gampa For This Useful Post:

SL1009  (03-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mrs simmo View Post
    That would be so cool right now I feel like I have no one and I can't stop crying every time I think of it
    Bub has been so unsettled all day yesterday and given she only woke twice last night it still hard with lack of sleep I need friends or family to give me a hand wish we all lived close is any one in Brisbane ??

Hi Mrs Simmo

Poor you - i loved brisbane and felt at home there - was my favourite place but we had to move to sydney for my MIL (now deceased). i gave up everything to move to sydney for her and my DH. It was really stressful and i had DD1 5 days after i arrived. i found sydney the hardest place on earth to live and still do - id give anything to go back to brisbane!! - it seems you are the opposite and love sydney. So i know how hard it is when you feel you have no one - DD1 arrived 5 days after getting to sydney and i had no one and i had a severe reflux baby - was so hard and i felt so isolated and so alone - i think i had post natal depression actually.

I am coming to Brisbane in the first week of may - i arrive monday may 5th and leave on the friday. I would be happy to meet up for a coffee?? if you are keen PM me....

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Gampa For This Useful Post:

mrs simmo  (03-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

How exciting to be going on a plane! Make sure you are feeding her or she is sucking on a dummy when you are taking off and landing so it relieves some ear pressure! Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gampa View Post
    hi SL1009, you are doing it tough...i dont know how you are coping....does seem you have a reflux baby -poor you....i know how hard they are.
    seems from your posts that Orlando is sleeping one sleep cycle (45min-1hr) at a time and doesnt know how to settle himself back down. would you agree??? this is typical of reflux babies who wake with pain and are generally unsettled...

you cant go on like this - poor you - you must be exhausted - i would be in continuous floods of tears! have you considered just losec if you keep forgetting the zantac -its only once/day and babies dont get tolerant to it- its more expensive but more effective and easier for you as you only need to give ut once per day...

also can i suggest you contact tressillian sleep school - hope you dont think im being bossy!- just really worried - you are constantly awake! i dont know how you are doing it...all my support...
    Thanks for the advice gampa the reason I keep forgetting the Zantac is because you are supposed to give it before a feed and I'm quick to put him on the boob and slips my mind to give medication first. From now on I will give it to him even if its after I've started feeding so that at least he's getting it in! Seeing paediatrician again in 2-3 weeks so if he is still the same then I'll ask about losec. I was actually taking losec for the last few months of my pregnancy as I had reflux / heartburn really bad and wonder if I 'gave' it to him?! Yeh his usual sleep would be around 1-1.5 hours but does throw in heaps on 45 minute ones but also a few 2 hour ones and the rare 2.5-3 hour ones! Will have a look at the trisillian school never heard of it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey two things...

1) when I feed, the opposite breast to what I'm feeding on starts hurting a little bit at the start

2) Orlando is getting really 'clicky' - shoulders, arms, neck

Anyone else experience these things?

Also just dent my first boob lump this morning but it seems to have gone now he must have sucked it out!

Also Orlando's booked in next Thursday to have further testing in his kidney...they have to inject a dye into his veins and then take scans / X-rays and they reckon it will take 1.5 hours my poor baby!!

Also would reflux cause him to have a sore tummy too? He seems like he 'strains' a lot!!