Closed Thread
Page 108 of 141 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1401
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Crafty45 View Post
    Ladies does anyone have any advice on stopping milk supply? We are about 50/50 at the moment with formula and breast feeding as I'm only using EBM but my supply has dropped off so am considering switching completely to formula, I just don't know how to stop my milk!

I really do have so much respect for those of you who are persevering with breast feeding, it's so much harder than I ever imagined.
    I've cut back the expressing to twice in a 24hour period... I read the quickest way for supply to dry up is only express for comfort, so don't completely empty you boobs, just express enough so your not full & sore, eventually your body will stop producing... Apparently you can get something from the chemist to help dry it up aswell.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Amy I wish I could express that much! That's a great supply

Breast feeding is certainly a skill to learn, well that's what I've found. I always thought it would happen naturally but it hasn't. I

'm going back to a LC on Friday, that will be the 5th time I've been I'm seriously embarrassed about it.

I'm fine breast feeding on the right side but the left is cringe worthy, I don't know what I'm doing wrong... It absolutely hurts like crazy.

I would express if it wasn't for a need to be able to succeed at breast feeding, something is keeping me going. I think if I throw it in, I would feel a sense if failure. I think because everything we have done hasn't been a natural process. It's silly really, as long as Ella is healthy that is all that should matter.

Aldi has nappies on sale tomorrow, newborn 132 for $17.99 14cents each. I actually prefer them to Huggies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Crafty45 View Post
    Ladies does anyone have any advice on stopping milk supply? We are about 50/50 at the moment with formula and breast feeding as I'm only using EBM but my supply has dropped off so am considering switching completely to formula, I just don't know how to stop my milk!

I really do have so much respect for those of you who are persevering with breast feeding, it's so much harder than I ever imagined.
    I used cabbage and ice bricks on my boobs for 2 days and it was gone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Little mans been pretty good today...doing the usual. Had some play time when he was awake for longer from about 1-3.30, slept til 5 but now it's quarter past 9 and he's still up!! We've fed, changed, played, fed, changed, played, bathed, fed, changed, fed changed it goes in lol!! Nearly had him asleep but if he doesn't burp properly he won't be comfortable, now the little monkey is feeding again. Ok I'm tired now!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm persevering with BFing for the most part my boobs are holding up fine! I use lansinoh cream after every feed which is great stuff! My right boob is starting to hurt more and more but I can't feel any lumps or see any red spots to detect mastitis. I can still feed from it and just massage when I'm in the shower. My problem is that when I got my hair done last DH gave him a couple of EBM bottles and since then he's not latching on as well as he was. Secondly he uses my nipples as a dummy but when I try to give him a dummy I have to hold it in there until he starts sucking as he hasn't learnt properly yet and spits it out just before he's asleep and bam he's awake again lol!! He is still feeding so much so still no time to express..I can see why people exclusively bottle feed with EBM as its so much quicker but I'm scared I will dry up sooner and want to bf as long as I can

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think you should be embarrassed at all KM, I think it is great you are so dedicated and continuing to keep it up.

As much as I would have loved to as well, I must say I've found it better for my sanity since switching to the bottle, much easier to keep track of how much is being drunk and quicker etc, I hope that doesn't sound selfish but for us it seems to be working better.

I really don't know how you function SL with all that feeding, you are doing a great job!

Thanka for all the tips ladies!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kmvw View Post
    Amy I wish I could express that much! That's a great supply

Breast feeding is certainly a skill to learn, well that's what I've found. I always thought it would happen naturally but it hasn't. I

'm going back to a LC on Friday, that will be the 5th time I've been I'm seriously embarrassed about it.

I'm fine breast feeding on the right side but the left is cringe worthy, I don't know what I'm doing wrong... It absolutely hurts like crazy.

I would express if it wasn't for a need to be able to succeed at breast feeding, something is keeping me going. I think if I throw it in, I would feel a sense if failure. I think because everything we have done hasn't been a natural process. It's silly really, as long as Ella is healthy that is all that should matter.

Aldi has nappies on sale tomorrow, newborn 132 for $17.99 14cents each. I actually prefer them to Huggies.
    I feel exactly the same km. I've been to several LCs I even went to a doctor today who specializes in lactation and Jaan is 3 months. I get pain and blockages every few days but I just can't give up. I used to read other mothers stories and wonder why they didn't just stop and now here I am persevering through some pretty horrendous obstacles at times. I've cried so much over breastfeeding, I feel so cheated that I needed ivf and now this problem, sometimes feels like my feminine role is useless.
    As Jaan gets older it is getting easier tho, the doc said today his mouth is small, he still has a small residual tongue tie both of which contribute to problems. I've had 7 weeks of thrush due to ongoing trauma. I've stopped pumping tho which is awesome! It will get better particularly after 3 months, hang in there

Thanks
    Reviews
    Orlando finally went to sleep at 11pm after being awake from 5pm and he just woke up again at 11.50....time for food mummy!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh SL your amazing!!

Thanks for all your kind words girls, I feel less guilty about the 1 formula feed now and I will upwrap ivy tonight and see if she takes a propped feed and then sleeps longer!

Tonight ivy fell asleep on me ( as she often does) and it was so nice, I just let her be and didn't worry that I 'should' put her in her basinett etc, just enjoyed the moment.

Anyway it's time for me to hopefully get 2+ hours of sleep in a row...well that's my plan, hope ivy read the memo!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I reckon that burping is the best. They are so snugly and milk drunk and you can smell the gorgeous baby smell. It makes me feel so lucky and so in love with him and feel so needed.