Closed Thread
Page 104 of 141 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1401
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I need to get a carrier just so when it's me and Maddison and I need to Fo somewhere I don't have to lug the pram just waiting for my paid maternity leave to start for some $$$ I hope I get back paid does any one know I mean its being paid via my work ??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mrs Simmo, my work is paying mine and it was backdated to when Centrelink approved it, so I got a lump sum to catch up and am now on fortnightly payments 😀

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsoptomistic View Post
    I am mostly co sleeping this time (was a bit stricter first time - although did co sleep on some occasions with DD) just knowing this is my last baby and that they grow so fast (it wont feel like it at the time) and I won't get the opportunity again, I'm loving it. I am sure, like her sister DD2 will go into her own room and bed when she is ready. But in the mean time we are all getting MUCH more sleep together.

It's helpful to remember bubs have been in our bodies for so long - suddenly being out in the world and alone takes a lot of getting used to. Imagine if your DP left tonight and you weren't sure if and when they were coming back - I wouldn't sleep either! 💏

Nicsta - I wish I found bub hub and had this resource when I had my first!
    I agree with co sleeping, I can't imagine how people get any sleep without it and not have crying or spending ages settling. Infants are way too immature in their brains to self settle. Jaan sleeps with us and we sleep all night I think I've had 3 days since he was born of fatigue and it was horrendous. During the day he sleeps in a sling and I get on with whatever I need to (just moved house and packed and unpacked the lot while carrying him). I think the western world is tough with nuclear families, in other cultures the baby never has a cot but then there are loads of people to share the load. Girls who are struggling with sleep, if you can at all consider cosleeping, check out how to do it safely. The SIDS website has ideas also read dr paul Newman, he has done studies on bed sharing that decreases the risk of SIDS. You have to be an attachment kind of parent but believe me you will get sleep once you learn to breastfeed on your side and it is the most beautiful feeling. We also have a soft red light in the corner of the room so I can always see bub. It is not recommended for formula fed babies btw. I swore I'd never cosleep but now I can't imagine anything else.
    For those wanting a cheap sling, if you like the hug a bub design get 6 meters of fabric about 40cm wide, google how to tie it on you tube. I have 3 that cost me $2 each and they are more comfy than hub a bub that are $120.
    There is a great book worth reading- the science of parenting by Margot Sutherland - it is evidence based and explains about the development of the baby brain and what happens when a baby is left to cry, self settle etc. I would highly recommend it for every parent to understand their child's psychological development. Investment for the future!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Beta For This Useful Post:

mrsoptomistic  (31-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Please excuse my ignorance but with co sleeping, do you literally mean you both sleep in the same bed? If so aren't you afraid of suffocating the baby? It sounds lovely to get some sleep but I'd be too afraid of smothering the baby. Is there a way to stop that from happening?

5 weeks from C/S and the ***** is back, I remember someone asking last week

Thanks
    Reviews
    Personally for me I am not willing to take the risk of co sleeping after trying so hard to have this little munchkin in the first place. I know it can be done safely and has advantages but would never forgive myself if something happened. Each to their own though and you do have to go with what works for you individually.

Can I ask if anyone has bbeen brave enough to jump back in the sack with their DH's as yet?? Super impressed if you have as I don't know how you have the energy lol and to be honest I'm a bit scared!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would so be keen if dh was here lol. Diet starts tomorrow had enough chocolate to last the rest of the year ( well a few good weeks of diet anyways ha ha ha ). Hope you all had a great day

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsoptomistic View Post
    Mrs Simmo, my work is paying mine and it was backdated to when Centrelink approved it, so I got a lump sum to catch up and am now on fortnightly payments 😀
    I asked my pay roll the other day how it is paid and they said 1213 fny the only reason I ask about back pay is I remember it asked if we wanted from the day bub was born or when clAim was approved an we picked when bub was born
    The centerlink site shows they sent 3670 to my work is this what ill get ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I understand concerns with cosleeping as I had the same until I researched it and follow SIDS guidelines. There are actually protective elements of cosleeping with your baby providing you aren't obese, smoker, fatigued, on medication, and breastfeeding. The bed needs to be firm. In china 99% of parents bed share and there isn't even a word for SIDS. Same with Japan. The mother creates a c shape around the baby, the breathing of the mother regulates the breathing of the infant making SIDS less likely than having them in a cot especially in a different room. Bed sharing is different to cosleeping which is technically the baby being on their own surface. I'll see if I can find a link..my friend who is a pediatrician bed shares. In many countries the use of cots are seen as
    bizarre and foreign, SIDS rates are not high in those countries.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Beta For This Useful Post:

mrsoptomistic  (31-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mrs simmo View Post
    I asked my pay roll the other day how it is paid and they said 1213 fny the only reason I ask about back pay is I remember it asked if we wanted from the day bub was born or when clAim was approved an we picked when bub was born
    The centerlink site shows they sent 3670 to my work is this what ill get ?
    Depends, mine was a lump sum (identified by Centrelink) minus the marginal tax rate...

Your employer would tax it as they normally would your pay. 😀