+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default Meeting people where they're at

Why is it so hard and much easier to sit back and judge or b!tch about how they should be running their lives?

Open question.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

So what's your point?

What's wrong with judging people? Honestly we do it all the time. It isn't always a bad thing. It allows us to determine their suitability for many things. Jobs, friendship etc.

As for b!tching, if you don't like it be the bigger person and don't be a part if it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Cause today it's too dam hard..... grumble, grumble, steam coming out of my ears...

I always try but lets be honest it not always easy in fact it is very hard and sometimes you just can't take the weight and you need to just let it all out.... in a bit of vent.

Thanks
    Reviews

Oh ok. This wasn't meant as anything but what I thought was an interesting topic. The state of the world gets me down.

Can we close it please? Not in the headspace for replies like that.
    Last edited by Ffrenchknickers; 16-02-2013 at 13:20.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i think it is because we are all in our own spot with our own stuff too...

so, the person who might be viewed as "not meeting the other where they are" might also be having an issue with something that means they cannot.

eg I went to coffee on friday and felt very snubbed by someone I have not seen for a few months and was hurt that she seemed so distant with me so I assumed she was angry with me. I have a lot on my plate atm and have been feeling very out of place in many social settings. ANYWAY, last night i saw a mutual friend and i asked "why is X so cranky with me?" and she explained that her mum has just been given 6 months to live and she got news that she has to have her uterus removed ASAP for a medical problem of her own>

So, she might have thought I was off with her as I didn't say goodbye when i left...and I thought she was off with me as she blanked me (there were 7 of us at coffee).

So neither of us could meet the other...because, life happens.

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Hey FfK! Haven't seen you on here in ages

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I firmly believe we judge and critise people in order to feel better/validate our own decisions and actions. They have to be wrong in order for us to be right. Sadly it seems to be inherant for use to have to knock other people down and while they are in a heap, we use them to give ourselves a leg up.

Thanks
    Reviews

Judging doesn't always have to be negative though. Yes we come to negative conclusions based on observations. But we also come across some great people and benefits through judging.

For example when searching for a child care centre for my boys a couple of years ago I most certainly made judgements on the director and the centre. My judgements allowed me to choose a centre that's fits my kids.

Same went for when I was employing people in my job pre kids.

B!tching I guess is the negative way to judge.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to One of THOSE mums! For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (16-02-2013)