+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We used one last time as I was in the 1st tri so already stuggling with fatigue! Was very worth it - wish I could have afforded someone to do a pre-clean on the new place too!

They included carpets and windows in-out and was around $400-$500 for a 4br, 1.5 bathrooms, 1 main living area house. There were a lot of sliding door windows that cop a lot of weather and that added to the price. They came out and quoted first and I could have chosen to do some things myself to drop the price.

I was very happy and passed inspection with no worries. Every other time I've moved I've had to come back and clean something I missed (or pay the RE's cleaners to re-do something that was not up to scratch). They did pull off a couple of removeable hooks which left holes and threw everything out of the cupboards - such as the sample pot of paint matched to the walls I'd left for the next tennants - so I couldn't fix them! The RE understood and said those hooks are causing such big problems.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014

Default Re: professional end of lease cleaners

I got quotes when i was moving interstate and feeling like i couldn't be bothered cleaning on top of everything.
    Quotes were between $400-$600 for a small 2 bedroom house. I opted to clean it myself.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I would suggest emailing your agent and just asking if they have one that they use/recommend. That way, you pay them and hand over a copy of the receipt to the agency and they know you have used their cleaner. If its not up to scratch then you can say "well you recommended them" and get them to deal with it.

Your house does sound pretty large so Id say $650 is probably going to be about right but hopefully you can get it a bit cheaper.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default professional end of lease cleaners

Always go through your agents cleaner! That way if anything goes wrong or if it's not up to scratch, they're the ones who suggested them

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you can afford it, go for it. I was 8 months pregnant and there was no way I was going to do the end of lease clean - can you imagine trying to do the oven! We had a 3 bed duplex, including carpet clean, was about $450. But I felt a bit sorry for the people moving in. While it all looked clean, they used some pretty strong chemicals so the bath would have been full of residue.

Thanks
    Reviews

I'm 6 months preg with twins, we have just moved 9 hours south of cq and paid $700 with carpet cleaning. Was very hard to part the cash but such a relief knowing I didn't have to lift a finger. Packing was hard enough. I had a 4 bed home.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We just asked the real estate agent to recommend a cleaner - that way we knew it would be to a standard the agent would be happy with. I hate cleaning - especially since I wouldn't be living there to reap the benefit - so recommend hiring someone.

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks everyone. It's really a big cost and money is tight at the moment as we are overlapping out lease by 5 weeks so DH doesn't have to keep traveling 3hrs a day for work and so I can have air con cause the hear is making me feel awful. But the thought of packing in this heat all within the next 12days and then unpacking and then coming back to clean makes me want to cry. I have had low blood pressure issues this pregnancy so as soon as I get really hot and been on my feet for too long I get dizzy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: professional end of lease cleaners

Jez I'd definitely get a cleaner if you can at all afford it. We will be moving when bubs is roughly 6 weeks old so I'm going to get a cleaner too I think. We only have a 2 br 1 bath place so I could probably do it myself but it seems like such a nightmare with a newborn.

I hope you can find a cleaner for $500!

Sent from my HTC One X using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption

I was told that if I got a cleaner in to provide the receipt. If they had a problem they would take it up with the cleaners and they did so it worked well for us. Same with the garden and pool