+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default professional end of lease cleaners

Has anyone used a professional end of lease/bond cleaner? If so how much did you pay and was it worth it? Being pregnant and the house we are cleaning has no air con and is an hour drive from our new place I am dreading the thought of needing to do an end of lease clean myself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

My then boyfriend used one at the end of their lease, it was a flat rate to clean a 2 bed 2 bath unit. I can't remember the exact cost, but no more than a couple of hundred dollars.
    Did they do a good job? No way! We had to re clean it before he would get his bond back, even then the real estate wanted us to sugar soap the walls!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

we paid an agency to do ours, they were 4 of them there for 8 hours was $400 but we were a house of 4 so we split it! best idea ever haha as we al worked or studied full time so didn't have the time to bond clean it! this also included steam clean carpes

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

We used one at our last rental. They came recommended thru our real estate & they guaranteed their work - if at inspection something wasn't up to scratch they were the ones who would have had to fix it and we didnt have to pay them till we got notification of our bond being payed in full.

They did cost a few hundred dollars but was well worth it. They came and quoted so price would differ place to place

5. The Following User Says Thank You to RmumR For This Useful Post:

Disbride  (16-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

When I moved I used jims cleaning. They did the end of lease cleaning & carpet cleaning. All up was $500?. Expensive but he did a great job and it saved me a lot of headache of worrying about last minute cleaning. The place was spotless & the carpet came up next to brand new.

*edit: my house was a 3bedroom 1.5 bathroom townhouse.
    Last edited by teacupbunny; 16-02-2013 at 08:28.

Thanks
    Reviews

Ask the real estate who their preferred cleaner is and use them. If they have issues I then tell them to sort it out with their cleaner.

For an average sized house including carpets I would estimate between $400-500 based on previous experience.

Thanks
    Reviews

Yes, it depends on house size. From memory when renting, we paid $300-400 for 3br houses, including carpets.

Using someone recommended by real estate agent is a little more pricey, but usually worth it as they guarantee the work. If they miss anything it's their responsibility to return to clean it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I had allowed about $500 with the carpets. I have only had one quote so far and it was $650 which seems a bit steep. we have a big house though. 4 bed plus study, two large living spaces and two bathrooms. the carpets have to be professionally cleaned as its a condition of our pet bond which we paid an extra $500 on top of our normal bond.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

We paid a cleaner about $200 for a 3bdrm 2 storey house with 2 bathrooms & a 3rd toilet. I was reasonably happy with his efforts for the price, but he did miss a few things.

Carpets were $145 on top of that, so the whole cleaning process was under $400.

Thanks
    Reviews

Mum used some for her lease ending, I think it was $50 per hour per person, for a minimum of 3 hours. Mum only had a small 2 bed unit that was fairly clean anyway so figured the 3 hours would be enough ( for 2 = 6 hours of work) frankly they did a rubbish job, and didn't complete the place ( even with mum there helping).
    Mum complained and got a free clean at her new place, but still had to pretty much do her old place again.

Long story short it's worth paying the extra to get guarenteed work.