+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm jumping in here too, I really need some fresh new ideas.
    I'm exhausted after the Easter break, so much bad eating, starting again on Monday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Bboys View Post
    Waggers - would you mind sharing your knowledge on protein shakes? I have no idea what I'm doing. I've just started on a Lipo Fyre. One hour prior & half an hour after exercise.

How do I know the sales person isn't selling me something not suitable? I've having trouble shifting the last 5-10kgs.
    Protein shakes can be great but are really not necessary unless you are heavily weight training or your diet is protein deficient. I use a blended protein ( synergy by international protein) and I usually blend it with fruit (berries or pureed baby fruit if out and about).

I totally agree that you have to be wary of salespeople! Most won't listen to you and just want a sale! Try to look for a quality protein containing whey isolate, whey concentrate and caseinate. Also make sure the carb and sugar levels are low. Watch out for the type of artificial sweetner if you have any sensitivity too. Unfortunately most good protein supplements are also expensive. And flavours do vary so if you are near a bodybuilding shop they often have tasting days which can be helpful (also larger bodybuilding shows often have trade stands that you can try products before buying - sucks to purchase a 3 to 5kg tub and then discover it tastes like poo!)

And yes, protein within an hour if training is ideal. I've never really used it much pre training (I've used amino acids instead) but post weight training is when your body is receptive and in repair mode
    Last edited by Waggers70; 07-04-2013 at 10:19.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Waggers70 View Post
    Protein shakes can be great but are really not necessary unless you are heavily weight training or your diet is protein deficient. I use a blended protein ( synergy by international protein) and I usually blend it with fruit (berries or pureed baby fruit if out and about).

I totally agree that you have to be wary of salespeople! Most won't listen to you and just want a sale! Try to look for a quality protein containing whey isolate, whey concentrate and caseinate. Also make sure the carb and sugar levels are low. Watch out for the type of artificial sweetner if you have any sensitivity too. Unfortunately most good protein supplements are also expensive. And flavours do vary so if you are near a bodybuilding shop they often have tasting days which can be helpful (also larger bodybuilding shows often have trade stands that you can try products before buying - sucks to purchase a 3 to 5kg tub and then discover it tastes like poo!)

And yes, protein within an hour if training is ideal. I've never really used it much pre training (I've used amino acids instead) but post weight training is when your body is receptive and in repair mode
    Hey I have been having protien recovery bars after a workout to help with muscle recovery? Would u suggest this?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Does anyone make smoothies with spinach in them? I got some today and was thinking about adding it to a smoothie but unsure how it will turn out!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Just*Ace View Post
    Does anyone make smoothies with spinach in them? I got some today and was thinking about adding it to a smoothie but unsure how it will turn out!
    Yep, i make green smoothies using spinach. They are nice. Spinach has a rather mild flavour too it.
    I usually do spinach, banana and berries..yum!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ryvitas with natural peanut butter and sliced banana! Perfect for that after tea wanna eat something naughty crave

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/3/15100 Posts in a week
    Tonights dinner....miso soup. You can basically add anything you want to it. We fill a bit pot about 3/5 full of water, add a massel stock cube and 2 heaped spoons of white miso paste. 2 things we always have it ours is mushrooms (either ****ake or button) and Japanese marinated tofu. The veggies just depend on what we have in the house. Tonight it's mixed frozen veg (carrots, broccoli and cauliflower) but some nights it might be broccolini, bok choy and carrots. You can add chicken or seafood to it as well. We add soba noodles to ours but you could add any noodles you want or omit them altogether.

So quick and tasty.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Just*Ace View Post
    I do. Handful of baby spinach with 1/2 banana, 1 pear and 1cm2 of ginger, lots of ice. It turns out fluoro green but is sweet enough that the kids love it.

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    300200_267809226688765_755575466_n.jpg
    "Directions: The "cake" is watermelon. Cut the ends off the watermelon to form the top & bottom of the cake; then cut away the rind from the sides of the cake.
    Use cookie cutters to cut cantaloupe flowers and honeydew leaves/ Use toothpicks to attach to cake.
    Decorate with additional strawberries, blueberries, apples, grapes, and oranges. Simple & yummy! —"

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fab I just had the brown rice, steamed veges, tuna and added some soy for lunch - was yummy!! Ideal now it's getting colder.