+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothel View Post
    Yummy ideas, great thread!
    1 egg cooked as a crepe style omelette. When the first side is done, flip it then sprinkle with a small handful of grated cheese, cook until melted, lay it on a wrap, add some salad & voila
    Ooh this reminds me of a sweet version of this I used to make! Whisk an egg, a tblsp of cream and some vanilla, coat a frypan with coconut oil, swirl egg mix in pan to coat lightly (like how you cook crepes), cook til golden then flip to cook other side (doesnt take long). Mix about 1/5-1/4 cup ricotta with a tsp of sugar or sugar substitute (xylitol/maple syrup/stevia- whatever you prefer), and 'fill' crepe with it. Serve with fresh berries. Very low carb and delish!!!

note: I'm of the 'eat fat, not sugar' variety. I don't do low-fat and find I lose weight better by restricting sugar and carbs. This recipe isn't particularly low in fat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Annabella View Post
    Ooh this reminds me of a sweet version of this I used to make! Whisk an egg, a tblsp of cream and some vanilla, coat a frypan with coconut oil, swirl egg mix in pan to coat lightly (like how you cook crepes), cook til golden then flip to cook other side (doesnt take long). Mix about 1/5-1/4 cup ricotta with a tsp of sugar or sugar substitute (xylitol/maple syrup/stevia- whatever you prefer), and 'fill' crepe with it. Serve with fresh berries. Very low carb and delish!!!

note: I'm of the 'eat fat, not sugar' variety. I don't do low-fat and find I lose weight better by restricting sugar and carbs. This recipe isn't particularly low in fat.
    Yum, I am so trying this.
    And I agree about restricting carbs and not worrying about protein and fat, it works for me too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Definately Fresh Fruits and Vegetables - there's a staggering variety of good fruits and vegetables and many of them taste so different and it's just fun to make delicious nutritious stuff in ways you may never have considered before.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Subbing I need inspiration

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bit random but I love an apple cut up (pink lady or something sweet) with a teaspoon of tahini to dip it in. Good source of calcium (i don't dairy) and only 1 point on ww which I'm currently doing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing - getting real sick of the stuff I've got.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Try an apple sliced with cashew butter on it - yum

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing - getting real sick of the stuff I've got.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I almost always have rolled spelt grain cooked in boiling water then drained with 1/2banana, grapes, blueberries, chobani non fat natural Greek yoghurt and LSA meal or coconut crunch sprinkled on top. Yummo!!!!

Fresh dates are my sweet fix. No matter how much I try to cut costs they will always make it into my shopping trolley!!

Also I love rye crackers (Ryvita) with avocado and sliced boiled egg on top.

Plus a snack food I've just recently found is cashew crunch by Mrs May's.

I don't diet as such - just eat clean food.
    Last edited by Theboys&me; 05-04-2013 at 15:44.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Raw carrots & cucumber chopped in strips with hummus.