+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Favourite "diet" foods

Hi all
    Ive noticed a lot of us would like to lose a few kg so I I thought we could share our favorite diet foods. I have a fitness background and have even competed in figure contests (like a more feminine bodybuilder - I even won one!) So I can help with a lot of diet enquiries

My favourite diet food is strawberries, non fat yogurt, oat bran and vanilla protein powder blended to make a smoothie.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Congratulations on winning your contest, did it take a lot of work?

I have lots of weight to shed after having my DD.... So I'm subbing to find out what's good, but healthy too.

That smoothie sounds fabulous.

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hmmm my all time favorite breakfast.

I make Cinnamon and Date porridge. You get 5 dates, cut them up small and put them into a saucepan with a half cup of quick oats, teaspoon of ground cinnamon, quarter cup of skim milk and about a cup and a half of water.

Cook it on a low slow heat, although I've made it in 5 minutes when in a rush in the morning and it was fine. It's just that the longer it's cooked the more the dates melt into the mix.
    You don't have to add any sugar because the natural sweetness of the dates gives you a great treacly hit and for what sounds like such a small amount of food it happily keeps me satisfied until my mid-morning snack.

It works out to about a 300 calorie breakfast which is great if you're on a 1200 calorie plan but you could certainly reduce the calories by making it with 3 teaspoons of unpacked brown sugar rather than the dates (a reduction of about 90 calories) if you wanted to give yourself some extra calories for snack time but I love dates and I like the extra nutritional value from them so I stick with the dates for now .

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Eko For This Useful Post:

Phony  (10-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Favourite "diet" foods

Eko - that's a great breakfast (or snack)

MrsS - bloody hard work to compete At least 80% is diet and it's so strict. It took me 5 months to get in shape. I should add that I'm now 20kg heavier than my comp weight (post baby) and no where near as fit!

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014

Default Re: Favourite "diet" foods

I love a couple of handfuls of baby spinach leaves, a banana, some frozen mixed berries and water blended into a smoothie.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Blueberry smoothie
    handful frozen berries blended with cup low fat soy or dairy milk. I don't add sugar etc as the berries are sweet enough. I love this for snack or with breaky. Just got a food processor so loving my smoothies right now!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Eggs!

High protein and very nutritious!

Thanks
    Reviews

Pancakes - blend 1cup of oats with 1 egg (or 3 egg whites), vanilla protein powder and enough water to make a batter; cook in a non-stick pan then top with berries, banana and natural yoghurt - delicious and healthy (can also add bran and/or LSA to batter)

For something savory - mix tuna with mashed sweet potato, add chopped veges (I like small pieces of broccoli and capsicum), shape into patties and dry fry in a non stick pan, can use egg to bind depending on your tuna/potato ratio

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last edited by Cinderella82; 10-08-2013 at 22:26.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Subbing! Great idea.