+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Healing after cheating?

So I found out my DH cheated by meeting someone online, then meeting in person several times, one kiss, and exchanging nude photos on email. He insists they did not DTD.

I'd like to hear if anyone has had similar and if they were able to rebuild and forgive, and how long it took.

I found out about this within this week and I'm totally confused about whether to leave or stay and my biggest question is can I ever trust him again?

He kissed me tonight and if felt really dirty and I told him to stop.

So, so confused.

Thanks
    Reviews

Hugs hun. I've not experienced it and the only advice I can give is follow your heart and do what is right for you

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Noodle73 For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (15-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

So so so sorry to read! Maybe counselling will help with trust issues, etc. I guess this depends on whether u both want to work on it n think the other is worth it.

Hugs OP x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week

Default Re: Healing after cheating?

I've just pm'd you

Sent from my magical black talky thingy using bubhub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014

Default Re: Healing after cheating?

I'm so sorry you are going through this.
    I've been there before and don't recommend staying. Once your trust has been betrayed, it's impossible to fully restore it. The incident will always be there in the back of your mind, things will remind you of that time and trigger all those emotions even years down the track.
    Ultimately the decision is yours though. If you feel that the relationship is salvageable, book into counselling, outline conditions your partner must abide by- make all of his email, fb, passwords accessible to you, if that's what it takes.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week

So sorry. I have experienced something similar in a relationship, but it's far different when children are involved. No one can tell you what to do, but these are the things I would think about.

My actions would depend on how I found out (did he get caught? Did he confess?) and how remorseful he seemed. I would be put off by him trying to kiss me, because it seems like a selfish act iykwim, rather than considering how you might feel.

Has your relationship been in trouble for a while or has this come totally out of the blue? Do you feel like forgiveness is possible?

Take time to think about it, and make sure you let yourself grieve. If he pressures you to 'get over it' or make a decision, IMO, he is disrespecting you further.

Thanks
    Reviews
    10 months later...

We've been to marriage counseling, have done what they told us, and have tried really hard.

I'm not sure where to go from here because there I still have zero trust for him. It's very hard being with him because I don't believe a thing he says. His actions say he is committed. I am confused.

We are booked in for our next counseling session in the first week of January. At the moment I am really depressed and he feels responsible. I have massive anxiety now since all this happened- I had it before for years but it has worsened.

We feel like we don't know what to do. I don't want to split up because I want my family together, my kids to have mum & dad, and to be there to support each other, but how can we when I don't trust him and its not changing?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hugs Hun.
    I know where your at I was there.
    Now, years on, I am happily married to my dh with 2 lovely boys.
    If he is worth fighting for you will keep fighting for him, your family and your self.
    I still get flashes but is not as bad.
    I love my dh and we had to fight for what we have.
    I'm here if you want to talk.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Sookie Stackedhouse For This Useful Post:

made2bAmummy  (17-12-2013)