+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Lots of spotting (TMI)

I was hoping someone out there has had the same experience as me and can shed some light. I've always been a spotter 3-4 days before my period. When we were trying to conceive DS the FS said this was perfectly normal. I am generally a 28-30 day cycle person and ovulate on CD 17-18.

This month I started spotting- mostly brownish with a bit of red when I wipe- at CD 18. I did a google search and it seemed to maybe be an ovulation bleed. I'm now of CD 25 and the spotting never stopped.

We are trying for baby no.2 but have had no luck as you can see from my signature. We've got an appointment with a new FS in April and I'll ask about this but in the meantime has anyone else experienced this? Did it turn out to be anything?

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week

Default Re: Lots of spotting (TMI)

Im not sure what it may be caused by but ive read a thread about this (i will post a link later for you) that said b6 vitamins (taken at about 50mg with the other b vits) can help with spotting and/or short luteal phase.

Hope you get an answer soon!

Sent from my GT-I9305 using BubHub

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Hi CDNinOZ, here is the link if you are interested:

http://babyandbump.momtastic.com/ttc...gesterone.html

This thread is very long - I haven't read the whole thing but I think up to about page 20-30 is the most useful part.

I've been trying B-vitamins this month and it appears to have reduced my spotting by 0.5-1 day so far (two days until af is due so will see whether I have spotting tomorrow) when I usually get about 2.5 days of spotting before af. Six months ago and before it used to be just half a day of spotting before af, no idea why it changed but thats why I decided to try B vitamins.

So if you don't get an answer from a doctor or can't wait until when you see your FS I would say its worth a try. I think the theory is that vit-Bs improve your egg/ovulation and therefore improve corpus luteam quality too (which can be a reason for spotting after O I believe).

Good luck! Hope you get your BFP soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have the same issue but even longer, I usually spot from around 8 days before AF comes (sometimes not everyday though). According to my GP I don't have low progesterone and 1-2 days before AF is normal but as I've been off BC for a year has no other answers for me. I started taking 100mg of B6 last cycle (on top of the 50mg in my conception multi, up to 200mg is good I'm told) and although no BFP I did only get 1 day of spotting this cycle! I'm still going to a FS/gyno mid march and will ask your very question, if you haven't got an answer and can't wait for your appointment I'll post her response if you'd like?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks! I'll try the B6 vitamin. Really it can't hurt. Jan01 that would be great if you could post what your FS thinks. AF should up yesterday and she's being a real witch this month. Maybe it has something to do with the spotting.