+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default What food do you cook/give to new parents?

Quote Originally Posted by bpac View Post
    I went on a feeding frenzy of stuff that I wasn't allowed to eat! Is there anything she is really missing? If someone had arrived on my doorstep with a tub of soft serve ice cream I think I would have kissed them!
    Same here! I can't remember how many times I asked DF to bring home sushi and a mcflurry after work.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to callmedragon22 For This Useful Post:

SeaShanty  (19-02-2013)

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh there's some great ideas in here, I'm going to start a stock up of meals so that when I'm out of hospital I don't have to cook dinners for a while lol.

But one big suggestion I'd make is that if it's her first bub (ie. only the baby in the house) I'd recommend putting them into individual portions. That way if she's hungry earlier than her partner she can heat and eat a portion without having to heat a whole meal that has to be kept warm and potentially dry out.

Obviously if she has other children freezing it in a larger portion is probably going to be easier for her to thaw and heat but I find that even with a pre-schooler in the house and DH to contend with it's really handy having individual serving meals in the freezer.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Eko For This Useful Post:

SeaShanty  (19-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls, just checked this thread after a few days - so many great suggestions in here! The one about being able to eat something with one hand was awesome - I'd totally forgotten about how important that is!

I've decided to make a batch of porcupine/hedgehog meatballs - the kind with grated vegies mixed in, so that she can give them to her toddler, too. I like that they're kind of an entire meal in one mouthful (protein, carbs, vegies etc) and can be frozen if she'd prefer. I'll also throw in a bag of pre-washed salad leaves and a stick of garlic bread, because it's such awesome comfort food. I'll also bake her a batch of these brekky bars -they're unreal!

Thanks for all the great ideas

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default What food do you cook/give to new parents?

My brothers girlfriend made us a big lasagna...it was great we got 2 nights worth of dinners out of it