+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: I don't know what's wrong and no one will listen.....please help me.....

Me too. I cant take it anymore.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default I don't know what's wrong and no one will listen.....please help me.....

Quote Originally Posted by Hopefully Waiting View Post
    Me too. I cant take it anymore.

OP you sound like you need help ASAP, for you and baby. Is there a family member or friend that can come and help you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopefully Waiting View Post
    My Mum is wonderful and here to help. My DP is interstate as his father is dying. DP is very distant and not very involved in the baby right now which is killing me. I will need to fly interstate next week for the funeral....which makes me sick worrying how unsettled my baby is to travel and be away from home. When can babies fly? She will be 4 weeks.

babies can fly from 7 days old. maybe dp is extremely stressed over his father dying and his mind is elsewhere.. ?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: I don't know what's wrong and no one will listen.....please help me.....

Ive just tried to feed her the novalac reflux. Shes so hungry shes wanting to drink but starts screaming after about 20ml then cant drink more. Has eeflux burnt her throat? Have we on a warm bottle? Is she really sick? Is it just the formula? We are trying the normal karicare next as shes just hungry and miserable. Shes slept maybe an hr peacefully today. *zombie*. Im not going back to the chns hospital where they told us we are overfeeding her and should let her settle herself. All of this without touching her or any tests..... I dont want her poked or prodded either but god why wont someone check her? Now i think of it we have had feeding problems since she was bloody born.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default I don't know what's wrong and no one will listen.....please help me.....

Oh OP I really feel for you. Those early weeks are so so difficult with any baby but a bub who is hurting -

I have not read any responses but I do know this. I have a friend who had a bub just like yours. Over a period of time she did not get better. My friend had similar responses to yours but pushed & pushed. Her paed tried prescription formula & formula that needs sign off from the Board of Peadiatrics or whatever. Nothing agreed with this poor child. She is 8 months old, eats only solid (by pead advice) & is a little champ. So don't give up! If you know there is something wrong, you sadly must keep fighting until someone listens. My friend had a hard slog but she knew in her gut that her baby was in pain so she did not shut up about it.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to becandabub For This Useful Post:

Nicki77  (20-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by becandabub View Post
    Oh OP I really feel for you. Those early weeks are so so difficult with any baby but a bub who is hurting -

I have not read any responses but I do know this. I have a friend who had a bub just like yours. Over a period of time she did not get better. My friend had similar responses to yours but pushed & pushed. Her paed tried prescription formula & formula that needs sign off from the Board of Peadiatrics or whatever. Nothing agreed with this poor child. She is 8 months old, eats only solid (by pead advice) & is a little champ. So don't give up! If you know there is something wrong, you sadly must keep fighting until someone listens. My friend had a hard slog but she knew in her gut that her baby was in pain so she did not shut up about it.
    Thnks. What ended up helping this little one? The script formula? Nothing?

Thanks
    Reviews

Nothing, which is why she is just on solids. That was from about 7 months. She is definitely dairy free, possibly gluten as well but I'm not certain. All formulas make her ill. She would basically scream herself to sleep. Now she just drifts off peacefully.

Thanks
    Reviews

Sorry I breastfed and didn't have feeding problems but just a suggestion - can u try goats milk or soy formulas or something?? Maybe it's lactose intolerance? Is there white specks in the poo?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by newmummy2010 View Post
    Sorry I breastfed and didn't have feeding problems but just a suggestion - can u try goats milk or soy formulas or something?? Maybe it's lactose intolerance? Is there white specks in the poo?
    No nothing like that, which I think it's more cows milk related....ill talk to paed but im pushing for a prescription formula or I can see both myself and my baby being admitted

Thanks
    Reviews

The most common thing I think is cows milk protein allergy - 6 in my DIG have it out of 60 bubs. It is also common for the same bubs to be sensitive to soy products also.