+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    oh hun of couse you didnt do this to her, sometimes its a case of finding the right formula for the baby. i tried about 10 different formulas with my ds and he just got worse each time... im not sure if his tummy was sick of the different formulas and i eventually just picked bellamys organic and trialled it and the longer i left him on it, he started to get better slowly as if he was adjusting to it.. you sound really tired, do you have anyone that can help you out so you have a little rest? coloxyl drops from the chemist is excellent for constipatin. maybe a infant swing would help too, sometimes a motion helps them relax.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default I don't know what's wrong and no one will listen.....please help me.....

So many times when DD2 was a baby, I felt like running away. She screamed for 6hrs a day, every day until she was 4 months old. I told friends that I wasn't even sure if I liked her.
    But that changed once we had her on reflux medication.
    If you haven't tried it, I strongly suggest you get some Mylanta. If it's reflux it will give her instant relief.
    Big hugs. I hope you have a reasonable night.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: I don't know what's wrong and no one will listen.....please help me.....

Just when I thought it was getting better we have had periods of screaming non stop and ive got no idea why. I tried feeding, burping, rocking, singing, dummies, wrapping. *sigh* im losing the plot.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My heart goes out to you because it's like looking in the mirror...my 9 week old screamed from the moment she was born. I was certain it was silent reflux and when I went to the GP at 2 weeks old, he said that it very well could be that but he believed it was mainly Colic. My daughter is windy and she could scream and scream. 45minutes of BFing and 15 minutes of sleep...As a first time mum, I was turning into a monster. I blamed myself.I stopped breastfeeding at 2 1/2 weeks because I thought I was losing my mind.

But at 4 weeks after trying reflux formula with no luck, I popped Infacol into her bottle and burped that child. The wind just kept coming up. It has made alot of difference to the wind issues and she is much more settled. She can still scream in the early evenings at times but I try a warm facecloth on her belly or laying her face up vertically on my legs whilst im sitting so that her legs are putting pressure on her belly.

You are not alone, you are doing your best - never blame yourself for caring and loving your child the way you do. You will get there BIG HUGS xoxoxox

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopefully Waiting View Post
    Just when I thought it was getting better we have had periods of screaming non stop and ive got no idea why. I tried feeding, burping, rocking, singing, dummies, wrapping. *sigh* im losing the plot.

how are you going op? have u tried the infacol yet?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default I don't know what's wrong and no one will listen.....please help me.....

This sounds like my bub. He was diagnosed with reflux at 4 weeks, put on Zantac, that stopped working and he screamed until he was 9 weeks. Eat, scream, sleep for 10-15 min, wake for food again, scream, over and over and over. I was honestly at my wits end too. I would sit and cry while he was screaming.
    We moved to pepti junior which is a hydrolysed formula. I would suggest trying nan HA to see if bub settles at all. If they do it might buy you a couple weeks to get into a paed.
    If it gets really bad, go to your local hospital. They will see them quickly.
    If you need a small break give them Panadol. If it helps them why not?
    If bub has a cows milk protein allergy, soy and goats milk formula won't help. But your paed will suggest you try soy prior to prescription formula.

Thanks
    Reviews

I discovered silent reflux in my bub at 3.5 months (of agony). He had most of the symptoms and I noticed times when he was having a screaming episode, a dose of Panodol would immediately soothe him. This seemed to me that it was soothing his throat from the acid.

He is now on 2.5ml losec a day. Had no trouble convincing my gp of what I thought it was.

So, along with the losec, and a trip to the chiro we now have a gorgeous baby. Took about a month to get him right. I used to think I had a miserable baby then decided I didn't really like him. Now he is the most delightful little thing ever.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there. I know how you're feeling. My DD screamed from the day she was born. It just didn't feel right and I could tell the cry was agonising and high pitched. She was breastfed, couldn't lie down for 45 mins after a feed and wasn;t gaining enough weight.

I suspected reflux before I eventually saw my Paed for her 6 week appt. We raised the base of the head end of the cot with phone books under the legs and use a blanket folded a few times and placed it under the mattress to raised the head section more. I hear that there are wedges that are available for this purpose now also.

we also found relief when she was crying by walking up and down the staircase or bouncing up and down with her upright on the bed or on a exercise ball. Apparently the motion of up and down movement helps.

Burping after feeding was a must to help her feel better.

For constipation i used coloxyl drops, worked a treat for her.

Finally after doing the above myself for 6 weeks the Paed diagnosed silent reflux and we put her on Zantac. We got some relief from it at first but it started to help alot after using it for 2 weeks or so. There are other effective options available now like Losec, which is meant to be very good too.

We started her on solids early ie. 4 months as recommended by the Paed to help with the reflux, giving the acid something to work on. After she commenced solids and by 5 months she was all good in terms of reflux. Pity about the eczema that then started and then finding out she had a cows milk allergy - she was then on neocate which was great for eczema (not really used for reflux).

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: I don't know what's wrong and no one will listen.....please help me.....

So 11pm and im still sitting here with her in my arms. Tried the cradle the bouncer and she wont settle in anything but my arms. Im so tired and frustrated. Not only this but my 8 year old wanted to pick fights about bedtime and my DP is interstate for a family emrrgency.
    Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub
    Last edited by Hopefully Waiting; 19-02-2013 at 04:14.

Thanks
    Reviews

My friends found that the only way their son would sleep (before medication) was to swing him in his baby capsule. Some nights this lasted for s couple of hours but eventually he would fall asleep.