+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default I don't know what's wrong and no one will listen.....please help me.....

Quote Originally Posted by Cleo77 View Post
    If you suspect reflux watch using the brown sugar and water. I did this the other day and DS's reflux got a lot worse straight away. I am now adding a little prune juice once a day to his bottle or giving it with a little water.
    Good tip! DD has reflux but this was never an issue for her but I know now.

My GP suggested a probiotic powder in the formula but I haven't given it a go as I think the formula I give her has some in it..

Thanks
    Reviews

Default I don't know what's wrong and no one will listen.....please help me.....

My DS was diagnosed with silent reflux at 6 weeks old it took a lot of dr visits from 3 weeks to get a diagnosis. Thickened formula worked in the beginning but by 6 weeks he needed to be medicated he was on Losec. His poo changed with the thickened formula he wasn't constipated but it was a huge effort to get it out and it no longer looked like normal poo it was a big lump in the middle of the nappy, no pebbles just a large single lump of it.

Things that helped us were: feeding in an upright position so his head was above his tummy, he slept in his cot cosy with a pillow under it to his head was higher than his belly, thickened formula (we used s26) and added infant gaviscon satchels from 3 weeks old, little sips of water between bottles (helped soften the poo) and his swing was a miracle worker he would always fall asleep easily in it. It took about 5 days on Losec before we saw any real improvement but after 2 weeks he was a completely different baby he was happy and smiling all the time and almost never cried. A lot of the drs we saw said DS was fine he was piling on weight so there clearly was no issue grrr... He was over feeding because the milk would soothe his burning throat while he fed but then was in agony for hours afterwards!

I hope you get into a pead quickly but if you can't go to the doctor tell them you want a script for Losec or Zantac, we had the tablets which I dissolved in water and spooned into his mouth, we couldn't use a syringe because the granules would get stuck in it and that's the bit they need.

I really hope your poor bubby gets the help she needs it was definitely a terrifying time for us as new parents and no one taking you seriously! No one knows your babe like you do so be persistent and make sure they give you what you babe needs

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: I don't know what's wrong and no one will listen.....please help me.....

Another 2 hrs of screaming. I cant do this anymore :-(

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cleo77 View Post
    If you suspect reflux watch using the brown sugar and water. I did this the other day and DS's reflux got a lot worse straight away. I am now adding a little prune juice once a day to his bottle or giving it with a little water.
    Some formulas have prebiotics in them, not probiotics. I highly recommend using one. We use Baby Biotics but inner health plus do one too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hopefully Waiting View Post
    Another 2 hrs of screaming. I cant do this anymore :-(

Hugs. Is she still constipated? Have you tried water/prune juice? And are you using infants friend? Bicycle legs and tummy massage also help.

I have heard good things about Brauers Colic Relief if you think that might help.

And I know I've already mentioned it but I would look into a chiro ASAP.

What formula are you on? Most people I know who use Bellamy's (including me) swear by it so perhaps give that a shot?

xxx

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: I don't know what's wrong and no one will listen.....please help me.....

Quote Originally Posted by kw123 View Post
    Hugs. Is she still constipated? Have you tried water/prune juice? And are you using infants friend? Bicycle legs and tummy massage also help.

I have heard good things about Brauers Colic Relief if you think that might help.

And I know I've already mentioned it but I would look into a chiro ASAP.

What formula are you on? Most people I know who use Bellamy's (including me) swear by it so perhaps give that a shot?

xxx
    Well shes done 3 poos today. They are harder than normal but shes going so not sure if shes constipated or its just effort to get it out.

Thanks
    Reviews

It just wasnt meant to be like.this

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

It just wasnt meant to be like.this

I hope you can get some relief. It sounds so hard.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

We waited so long.....i beat cancer and she is our miracle baby. But im worried i did this to her.

Thanks
    Reviews

We waited so long.....i beat cancer and she is our miracle baby. But im worried i did this to her.

Oh sweetheart- I wish I could give you a big hug xoxox I'm sure this is due to nothing you have done. No one expects this to be quite so hard and you are coping with a very stressful situation, especially adding in the sleep deprivation. I want to stress again, you did not DO this to her. I hope you find a dr to listen and help you find the solution very soon xoxo